I wouldn't trust any news outlets on the war anymore too much and just form your own judgment on how things are going from live NSFW/War footage.

It's because it's always on one extreme of either propagandic anti-Russia/Ukraine sentiments.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I wouldn't trust any news outlets on the war anymore too much and just form your own judgment on how things are going from live NSFW/War footage.

It's because it's always on one extreme of either propagandic anti-Russia/Ukraine sentiments.
    Like you have formed your own "opinion" from Reddit and pro-russian sources?

Imagine having even a shred of remorse towards genocidal invaders. Imagine there's people out there who support the invasion. But nah, let's not trust reputable world-known sources, that one guy from Russia is totally right in all of this!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

I am sure there is tons of masturbation material for you.

As far as news obviously every news station has some bias, but when they report verifiable facts then you should be able to trust most of what they say.

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem with this war ongoing you see, is I noticed a trend in relation to that civilian bombing I posted not too long ago.

Every time (and I mean every time) Ukraine makes some military breakthrough and you hear a news headline of something along the lines of "Russia swears vengeance/retaliation", something like a terrorist attack on civilians happens.

This is basically Russia's strategy. They know they aren't suffering any real political or economic ramifications for it, so they will keep unleashing these terrorist attacks on innocent people methodically to break the spirit of Ukraine and repeatedly drive that "untouchable" message to the West.
    Russia has been terror bombing civilian targets since day one of the 'Three day operation'. They will continue to do so until they are either driven out of Ukraine and surrender or they run out of missiles and bombs. Ukraine is largely striking military targets with their limited drone strikes inside Russia and aren't deliberately targeting civilians like the Russians are.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

It wasn't just meager bias. For practically all of 2022 and up to most of 2023, we only ever heard of Russian incompetence and how Ukraine was absolutely steamrolling them; how this war will be over pretty soon.

But now, with how the counteroffensive hasn't gone as intended, we can see what it's actually like. It's not that the Russians are necessarily winning, but they are actually a legitimate military threat going even on the battlefield.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I mean that's interesting to note, but looks like this comes from a journalist (?) with heavy Anti-Putin views. It sounds like wishful thinking of someone who just wants to see Russia fall.
    What kind of feeling person doesn't want to see Russia fall?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    you yourself said if Russia falls, it would just divide into miniature warlord terror states each armed with nukes they stole from the fallout of the Kremlin.

That's not an outcome anyone wants to look forward to.

you yourself said if Russia falls, it would just divide into miniature warlord terror states each armed with nukes they stole from the fallout of the Kremlin.

Right now there is one big terror state. That's not something any of us like either.

Yeh let's just let Ukraine be wiped out entirely, so we don't have little russian warlords. Nah, this time the risk is well worth doing. Except I don't think any western commander wants Russia to be vaporized as a state, just purge Ukraine of their influence forever.

Maybe you need to encounter a tough choice once in your life, so you could get a taste of "lesser of two evils"?

I didn't, and I wouldn't care either. Russia's nukes are probably not even functional at this point judging by the state of... *gestures at everything*, and the barely sentient apes that would be doing the infighting would probably just end up giving themselves radiation poisoning.

Ok, I'll humor you, I'm no longer scared of your avatar.

You know why Russia must be defeated utterly? Because this Velikorossiyan imperialism needs to be removed from the Russian nation, just like that Prussian cancer which caused IIWW was removed from Germany. Russia for centuries remained the same: apathetic masses ruled by thugish aristocracy. Their "messianism" of Great Russia, Third Rome, Panslavism, etc. caused unspeakable harm to Russians themselves and every nation living around them.

They need a hard reset so the medieval mentaility is purged out of their minds. They need to lose so badly in Ukraine so no Ukrainian war repeats in the future. And Ukraine needs to win as it is the clear victim. Fucking simple.

One who sees history more objectively and understands the global repercussions of any major world power 'falling'.

I mean, look at history. Everyone can look at WW2 and say 'Nazis lost, who wouldn't want to see them fall?' But that's also how Russia came into power in the first place; being united against a common enemy and turning themselves from a supposed spattering of 3rd world nations into a unified world power. Power vacuums get tend to get filled, and not by the most noble of intentions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    They need a hard reset so the medieval mentaility is purged out of their minds. They need to lose so badly in Ukraine so no Ukrainian war repeats in the future. And Ukraine needs to win as it is the clear victim. Fucking simple.
    Easier said than done considering no other nation is really doing much more than 'support' in the matters. You want this to be a 'save the jews' situation of WW2, but this is not how Ukraine will be. This is more like 'Thoughts and Prayers for Hong Kong protesters'.

10+ Year Old Account
    turning themselves from a supposed spattering of 3rd world nations into a unified world power. Power vacuums get tend to get filled, and not by the most noble of intentions.
    You misspelled "Eastern Europe was forced to join the USSR with Russians pointing a gun at their heads and a Russian jackboot on their necks".
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Russia is not a major world power anymore. They can only project limited strenght toward much smaller neighboring countries, and even then they might fail.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Russia is not a major world power anymore. They can only project limited strenght toward much smaller neighboring countries, and even then they might fail.
    I guess depends on your definition of what a World Superpower is then.

Our recent and current worldwide economic inflation is quite influenced by with the current events happening in Ukraine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    You misspelled "Eastern Europe was forced to join the USSR with Russians pointing a gun at their heads and a Russian jackboot on their necks".
    That's literally world history for most of the world.

You think UK or US or China or any other world power was built on puppy dogs and rainbows?

10+ Year Old Account
    One who sees history more objectively and understands the global repercussions of any major world power 'falling'.

I mean, look at history. Everyone can look at WW2 and say 'Nazis lost, who wouldn't want to see them fall?' But that's also how Russia came into power in the first place; being united against a common enemy and turning themselves from a supposed spattering of 3rd world nations into a unified world power. Power vacuums get tend to get filled, and not by the most noble of intentions.
    And China is eager to turn Russia into its vassal in that regard.

And make no mistake, any and all "tragic collapse" that befalls Russia is entirely of their own making.

Easier said than done considering no other nation is really doing much more than 'support' in the matters. You want this to be a 'save the jews' situation of WW2, but this is not how Ukraine will be. This is more like 'Thoughts and Prayers for Hong Kong protesters'.
    The difference being the "thoughts and prayers" the west is sending to the Ukraine are etched on the side of a HIMARS missile battery.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess depends on your definition of what a World Superpower is then.

Our recent and current worldwide economic inflation is quite influenced by with the current events happening in Ukraine.
    Unfortunate. However, countries directly affected by the shutdown of commerce with Russia are making noble strides in severing themselves from reliance on them.

That's literally world history for most of the world.

You think UK or US or China or any other world power was built on puppy dogs and rainbows?
    A trite and uninteresting point.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

More bavovna in Moscow. A skyscraper under construction took a direct hit (though no doubt russia will say it shot it down and it crashed)

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, they claimed that.

6th night in a row of drones over Moscow. Better get used to it.

The drone attacks have indeed been relentless on Moscow; today it was stated certain airports were on lockdown as a result of this.

I'm genuinely wondering how Moscow has let these incursions go through and not go particularly all-out mode; they've at least tried to rationalize them to reduce panic.

So Nazi Germany shouldn't have been allowed to fall either then? Epic take my man.

So Nazi Germany shouldn't have been allowed to fall either then? Epic take my man.
    The point is we're damned if we don't, damned if we do. There is no outcome where 'evil gets defeated' once and for all. We just trades one corrupt regime for another, and the ones in charge always see themselves as doing things for the good for their people. That's human history in a nutshell.

As terrible as things seem now, things can easily get worse when instigated. Like I said earlier, a mere war in the east has caused global inflation, and that's from a (proxy) war between just two countries. A downfall of Russia and a power vacuum? That could lead to ACTUAL war.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-08-23 at 04:49 AM.