Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    So russia has found a solution to drones destroying their bombers - pile car tires on the planes.

https://twitter.com/Tatarigami_UA/st...552436366?s=20
    If this actually works, that's pretty innovative.

If it doesn't, is this cope cage 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    So russia has found a solution to drones destroying their bombers - pile car tires on the planes.

https://twitter.com/Tatarigami_UA/st...552436366?s=20]
    Who doesn't love tire fires on top of aircrafts?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    And they may very well be right about that, still that seems like a really stupid reason to start a war.
    well if they WON, they change the world order/status quo. so it seems like a case of "win big or not lose much."
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I'm starting to feel like a strategic reason Russia waged this war is, that regardless of if they are forced to surrender and lose, they believe Russia's geopolitical importance will let them slide off the hook. As in, people will forget quickly and go back to doing business with them for resources.
    Russia started the war because they (and by they I mean Putin) believed they could win and completely take over Ukraine in a small amount of time. That's essentially it. It was a land grab for resources and population.

If the war ended right now and they managed to keep the territory they currently occupy, that wouldn't outweigh the cost to this point, and I have serious doubts about Russia's ability to maintain control over the southern regions they currently occupy for more than another year.

It's not all about how other countries perceive them. Russia has lost valuable working age males in this war. They've lost military equipment and had much of their own "top of the line" equipment exposed as poorly made garbage, which hurts their defense exports.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If this actually works, that's pretty innovative.

If it doesn't, is this cope cage 2.0?
    It's a tired cope.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'd strongly recommend you watch this when you get a chance.
    Hah I knew what the link was before clicking it.

2nd this though, watching that knocked me out of the presumed "fact" of it being necessary and go dig into it more thoroughly.

So a Russian Shahed drone fucking crashes INTO ROMANIA, and NATO still isn't going to inch?

Ukraine said it has evidence that an Iranian-made drone crashed and detonated in Romania in the first case of Russian attacks hitting a Nato country.

The Shahed suicide drone appeared to be aimed at Ukrainian infrastructure on the Danube, one of the only remaining ports carrying exports to the Black Sea.

Romania denied the drone struck its territory, but Ukraine’s foreign minister claimed on Monday that he had proof the weapon crossed the border.

“It’s laughable to deny that they did fall down and say this with authority, with evidence that Shahed drones did get there,” Dmytro Kuleba said.

“We have photographs proving that something did crash there.”

Mr Kuleba said he believed the Romanian government was being cautious not to “escalate” the incident to avoid being caught in an “immediate conflict”.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

So a Russian Shahed drone fucking crashes INTO ROMANIA, and NATO still isn't going to inch?

Ukraine said it has evidence that an Iranian-made drone crashed and detonated in Romania in the first case of Russian attacks hitting a Nato country.

The Shahed suicide drone appeared to be aimed at Ukrainian infrastructure on the Danube, one of the only remaining ports carrying exports to the Black Sea.

Romania denied the drone struck its territory, but Ukraine’s foreign minister claimed on Monday that he had proof the weapon crossed the border.

“It’s laughable to deny that they did fall down and say this with authority, with evidence that Shahed drones did get there,” Dmytro Kuleba said.

“We have photographs proving that something did crash there.”

Mr Kuleba said he believed the Romanian government was being cautious not to “escalate” the incident to avoid being caught in an “immediate conflict”.
    Once again, bait. Ukraine SAYS it happened in Romania, Romania itself denies that. You can't make an honest post in your life can you?

Day 3984782, YUPPIE posts a source that contradicts with his own post in an instant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Once again, bait. Ukraine SAYS it happened in Romania, Romania itself denies that. You can't make an honest post in your life can you?

Day 3984782, YUPPIE posts a source that contradicts with his own post in an instant.
    Besides, with Poland last year it has been established already that, as long as it is not a deliberate attack, NATO won't just charge in over an incident.

Once again, bait. Ukraine SAYS it happened in Romania, Romania itself denies that.
    So you believe Romania over Ukraine here. From the same article, Ukraine said it's laughable to claim what Romania has, implying it's just because they don't want to fight Russia for a transgression.

So you believe Romania over Ukraine here. From the same article, Ukraine said it's laughable to claim what Romania has, implying it's just because they don't want to fight Russia for a transgression.
    Well let's see the evidence Ukraine claims to have then? No need to put anything in the hands of faith, belief. Cold, hard evidence will work

And a crashing drone isn't gonna trigger Article 5 anyway, it already was seen when Ukraine had to intercept shit tons of russian missiles and shit landed in Poland, killing people even. Sure, the last time was ukrainian debris, but let's see the evidence first before hyping up a bigger war.

Once again, bait. Ukraine SAYS it happened in Romania, Romania itself denies that.
    Eh, I can very much see Romania not wanting to rock the boat over what is an accident anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    Btw not sure if it's true but I read somewhere that the Ukraine army recruits people everywhere and they even camp bars or other public places to fish for potential recruits. Not sure how this works but it sounds scary, is this a normal thing during war? Imagine going to the cinema and a muscular guy stops you in the street, "hey you, come over here, we will take you to Bakhmut now"
    It's normal for a country at war to call on every able person to do their duty, that's how it pretty much always was.

(it's just that in recent times there really haven't been these kinds of territorial wars in Europe)

- - - Updated - - -

Are you so dense that you don't get that even if something like this happens it doesn't mean NATO will be involved until it's sorted out, I remember you said the EXACT same thing when it happened in Poland - do you have no memory at all? Maybe you should lay off drinking for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Eh, I can very much see Romania not wanting to rock the boat over what is an accident anyway.
    Then it should be no biggie to come forward with the evidence. If Romania is proven wrong after, then it's their shame.

while it's probably true that they don't want to get into a fight with russia, I'm pretty sure they also don't want to send a message to russia that they're willing to lay down and be a doormat. if there had been a deliberate strike from russia they would probably have to say so since ignoring it would only invite more
    that suggests that it's either an accident or did not actually land in romania

10+ Year Old Account
    russia stealing lunch money from kids to fund the war

I also felt the wording hilarious...."life of a soldier is priceless". Well russia, you coulda fool me!

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post

I also felt the wording hilarious...."life of a soldier is priceless". Well russia, you coulda fool me!
    If it's priceless then a few rubles won't help

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post

Yo, where the fuck can I get this $1 pizza at, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    You are basically saying Romania is afraid of Russia.

Pootin is going to be meeting with little Kim - reports are that he will be begging Kim for ammo and artillery to replace his decimated artillery corp. Kim knows how desperate pootin is and is expected to be demanding an exorbitant price for it.

Meanwhile, russia has rushed its new 25th Combined Arms Army to the Luhansk region, despite the fact it was not meant to be ready until 2024, and being understaffed and with little to no training, and not even fully equipped.

They are being rushed in so that the 41st CAA, whcih was there, can be rushed south to try and stem Ukraine's growing momentum and breakthrough of the lines.