1. #34721
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    NATO will never invoke Article 5. Hypothetically, if a Russian set foot on NATO soil and shot a civilian in the face and screamed "for mother Russia" they would still go as far as to deem that as a rogue action than something the Kremlin instigated.

    So I would never hope for or get excited over NATO intervention. They just exist and that's it.
    Yes because 1 guy is not a declaration of war despite what you think and hope to happen. Can you stop posting entirely if you can't say anything clever?

  2. #34722
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    So I would never hope for or get excited over
    You've been hot and bothe- I mean, excited since Russia first took action.

  3. #34723
    Over 9000! Santti's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I am not concerned with NK helping Russia (as you say), but Russia helping NK is more problematic - as Kim Fatty the Third might be crazy enough to attack.
    For sure, though I'm not so sure how Russia could help NK right now, either. They appear to be rather all-in at this point. Doubt they have much more than simple firearms to give. Tanks and shit are getting cannibalized for spare parts. Definitely can't spare any men for anything.

    I guess Russia could give resources like oil, food and clothing? Don't know if those are enough to start a war with, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

  4. #34724
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    NK is more problematic - as Kim Fatty the Third might be crazy enough to attack.
    100,000 soldiers with malnutrition cross the DMZ, several thousand die of covid within two weeks and the rest refuse to leave the local supermarket having discovered chocolate, coca cola and booze that isnt made of rice.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    .

    I guess Russia could give resources like oil, food and clothing? Don't know if those are enough to start a war with, though.
    fat kim needs food and fertilizer

  5. #34725
    Over 9000! zealo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    For sure, though I'm not so sure how Russia could help NK right now, either. They appear to be rather all-in at this point. Doubt they have much more than simple firearms to give. Tanks and shit are getting cannibalized for spare parts. Definitely can't spare any men for anything.

    I guess Russia could give resources like oil, food and clothing? Don't know if those are enough to start a war with, though.
    Id say those exact things might actually be pretty helpful to the internal situation in NK all the same.

    What little is leaking out about the state of things in NK indicates food shortages have gotten even more dire in recent times.

  6. #34726
    You people are overlooking the threat NK actually poses.

    Those missiles or bullets they still sell to Russia kill innocent people, as Russia loves to conduct terrorist attacks of no strategic value.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  7. #34727
    So Yuppie when are you volunteering?

  8. #34728
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,260
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    You people are overlooking the threat NK actually poses.

    Those missiles or bullets they still sell to Russia kill innocent people if they work, as Russia loves to conduct terrorist attacks of no strategic value.
    Fixed that for you.

    The dud bullets will just end up with more dead Russians if their gun goes "Click" while they cosplay as an American High Schooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  9. #34729
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Fixed that for you.

    The dud bullets will just end up with more dead Russians if their gun goes "Click" while they cosplay as an American High Schooler.
    Yes they work. Or at least, enough to fulfill those evil purposes through sheer supply.

    If they didn't work enough, Russia would not be able to do what they have done or lasted as long in this war.

    North Korea and Iran *are* threats, and their supplying of Russia should be punished or stopped, but the world is just letting it slide. Literally, the US just gave Iran 6 billion today back.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  10. #34730
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    North Korea and Iran *are* threats, and their supplying of Russia should be punished or stopped, but the world is just letting it slide. Literally, the US just gave Iran 6 billion today back.
    Are you still falling for that bullshit? That was Iran's money. We took it decades ago, and we were required to give it back. We don't get to just keep their money because their government sucks. That's not how it works.

  11. #34731
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Are you still falling for that bullshit? That was Iran's money. We took it decades ago, and we were required to give it back. We don't get to just keep their money because their government sucks. That's not how it works.
    *laughs in afghan*

  12. #34732
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    You people are overlooking the threat NK actually poses.

    Those missiles or bullets they still sell to Russia kill innocent people, as Russia loves to conduct terrorist attacks of no strategic value.
    You already had your North Korea obsession phase you're not suppose to repeat them.

  13. #34733
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You already had your North Korea obsession phase you're not suppose to repeat them.
    BECAUSE Nk is now actively and provenly in this conflict and it's no longer speculation.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  14. #34734
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    BECAUSE Nk is now actively and provenly in this conflict and it's no longer speculation.
    Hush now, it’s time to go beddy bed for some sleepy sleep. There’s more fearmongering for you left tomorrow… who knows? Maybe Luxemburg will make a threat to Russia, giving you new material for “MAYOR ESCALATION”

  15. #34735
    Over 9000! Santti's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,141
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    BECAUSE Nk is now actively and provenly in this conflict and it's no longer speculation.
    Sigh, you are not getting it.

    It's not a question of whether they are in or not, but whether whatever help they can offer actually means anything. It's not like NK is swimming in usable ammunition and weaponry they can just give away, especially when they themselves are locked in seemingly eternal feud with SK.

    NK is not the superpower you make it out to be. Stop obsessing over them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

  16. #34736
    Fires in the Sevastopol shipyards after something hit it.

    Guess muskrat is sad he couldn't prevent NOOCLEAR APOKALYSE! this time.

  17. #34737
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    BECAUSE Nk is now actively and provenly in this conflict and it's no longer speculation.
    They have been for months, they gave munitions 6 months ago.

  18. #34738
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    BECAUSE Nk is now actively and provenly in this conflict and it's no longer speculation.
    Oh no! North Korea is giving Russia a bunch of rocks and sticks?! Might as well be anyway.

  19. #34739
    The strike and fires at Sevastopol have been geolocated to the drydocks, where it is known a landing ship and a Kilo class submarine were.

    I'm just hoping Ukraine managed to sink a russian submarine on land.

    - - - Updated - - -

    No word on the Kilo yet, but the russians seem happy to let us know the Ropucha class LST is pretty badly mangled.

    - - - Updated - - -

    russia's version of events is that Ukraine launched 3 boats and 10 missiles, but heroic russian defenders shot down 7 missiles and all boats. Those last 3 missiles set the docks ablaze and damaged 2 vessels under repair.

    Given video of the attack shows more than 3 arrivals at the base, they probably didn't do much to stop the attack. Admitting the vessels were hit is something though - there were only 2 in the drydocks, which means both the LST and the sub were hit. Possibly the damage was so major they had no chance on covering it up.

  20. #34740
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

    I'm just hoping Ukraine managed to sink a russian submarine on land.
    I mean, given that this is a LAND WAR, it's hilarious how much of a pounding the russian black sea fleet has taken. "Sinking" a Kilo on land would be the icing on the cake.

    EDIT:
    Seeing reports of russian state media reporting on damage to the sub...which is the Rostov-on-Don.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2023-09-13 at 06:32 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •