The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The situation in NK is pretty bad - the population has experienced such prolonged malnourishment that they have shrunk. 70 years ago all Koreans, whether in the north or south were the same. Today the north Koreans are noticeably shorter and lighter on average than those in the south. Not to mention their shorter lifespan as well. And that is all due to lack of food.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally a photo of the Rostov-on-Don.

Its don like a dinner.
    Nah alittle flex tape and carbon fiber wrap will fix that right up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Your source being...mainstream media, about as reliable as NK state propaganda.
    If you compare mainstream media to a propaganda from the country where it is punishable by death to cross the border w/o permission, I don't even anymore. But it's nice to see you going more and more fringe. Masks are coming off.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-09-18 at 05:36 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spoken like a flat earther. All the governments in the world are just making shit up. Only YOU and NK know the truth

Then please post your credible news sources or information not from the evil of the earth? You sound like one of those losers who fashion themselves as a alt righter ( gross ) or a Tate apologist. Next you will say that Russia does not deserve to starve right? I have some yorkshire gold so i can relax and wait a bit.

The russian mod put out an a recruitment ad which shows that this really is just an imperialistic war of conquest and genocide - one soldier says he'll move his family to Kyiv after conquering it and the other plans to move to Odessa. Yup, its trying to attract soldiers by offering land in the country they are trying to conquer. So very lebensraum.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Azerbaijan and Armenia have started up again, with Azerbaijan saying it has launched an antiterrorism operation against the Armenian enclave.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Azerbaijan and Armenia have started up again, with Azerbaijan saying it has launched an antiterrorism operation against the Armenian enclave.
    Not that strange, Armenia just declared that russia can no longer fulfill it's obligations. I think Iran and Turkey are looking at this as well?

The russian mod put out an a recruitment ad which shows that this really is just an imperialistic war of conquest and genocide - one soldier says he'll move his family to Kyiv after conquering it and the other plans to move to Odessa. Yup, its trying to attract soldiers by offering land in the country they are trying to conquer. So very lebensraum.
    Jesus Christ almighty, and some people still blank-facely keep spouting denazification arguments in here

I can not honestly believe in equality in all humanity when we have literal drones like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Jesus Christ almighty, and some people still blank-facely keep spouting denazification arguments in here

I can not honestly believe in equality in all humanity when we have literal drones like this...
    This has been common MO for Russia forever. Move in and replace populace brutally. It's not that new in Ukraine either. When they started "rebuilding" (and I use that term in loosest of fashions) Mariupol, rather than let Ukrainians into those houses they marketed them for Russians to move in and settle and IIRC it was even incentivized monetarily by state.

Russia generally also enjoys broadcasting their war crimes on national TV with pride, like their genocide of Ukrainian children.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

starving people for 9 months and then killing them directly, azeri scum.

15+ Year Old Account
    oh, goodie we could use some drama again :/

While I understand Ukrainian reticence, it helps no one, particularly not themselves, if they lie about something like this. I'm not saying that the NYT is correct but an investigating might be merited.

That said, regardless of who fired the rocket, russia is to blame for the deaths as these people would still be alive if russia had not attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    oh, goodie we could use some drama again :/

While I understand Ukrainian reticence, it helps no one, particularly not themselves, if they lie about something like this. I'm not saying that the NYT is correct but an investigating might be merited.

That said, regardless of who fired the rocket, russia is to blame for the deaths as these people would still be alive if russia had not attacked.
    Russia is the only reason Ukraine needs to even fire rockets back at them. Malfunction is not an impossible accident. But yes, we'll see russiaboos celebrating, taking all the propaganda shit they can from it and pretend they're not getting massive casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    Is that the latest conspiracy out of Romania that the regime was fair and the uprising was people set up by the US or something????

You must be very young or very naive, or more likely just a cynical asshole.
    The Ceaucescu regime wasn't fair and the uprising was genuine.

However, the regime was crumbling, the dictator was losing the plot so some of the party and security leaders decided they rather bring down the house on him than get buried with him. In years before, state security could and would have clamped down on protests like that. Instead they allowed open discontent to brew then sent the old doddering fool out to hold a speech to the protesters. The footage clearly shows he was still believing in his power over his people at that point and the sheer outpour of hate stunned him. Afterwards, he was simply abandoned and shoved under the bus by the entire apparatus.

winter will probably bring an anti infrastructure campaign again, hopefully its Ukraine sending Russians into the cold with drones this time round.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Will be interesting to see Iran's movements in the coming days regarding Azerbaijan-Armenia. Azerbaijan has also (accidently...again) killed Russian peacekeepers in the offensive, so we'll see what their response to that is.

As long as Azerbaijan only goes after the enclave that no one recognised, nothing will happen. There will be an ethnic cleansing but it'll be ignored.

If they go after Armenia proper, that might be different. Azerbaijan does want to take part of southern Armenia as a landbridge between the two separate parts of their country, but Iran has said that is a redline, as it borders Iran and Iran gets a lot of smuggled sanctioned goods through it.

As long as Azerbaijan only goes after the enclave that no one recognised, nothing will happen. There will be an ethnic cleansing but it'll be ignored.
    Ignored like the other 10-20 Armenians have suffered by Azeris and Turks over the past century and a half. 4 of which were the reasons the Armenians felt they had to take NK in the first place. These guys suffered a ton and were put into a no-win situation when the soviet union collapsed because ignoring Azeri crimes that started even before the two nations left the USSR was just not going to happen, while the Azeris were always going to be closely allied to Turkey (And by Proxy NATO) due to ethnic and historical ties between the two.

You all see this?

Exclusive: Ukraine’s special services ‘likely’ behind strikes on Wagner-backed forces in Sudan, a Ukrainian military source says

Apparently Ukraine is hitting the Russians on foreign soil now.
    Maybe the start of some international Russian criminal huntings ala Munich?
    Turnabout is fair play after all.

Quote Originally Posted by alach View Post
    You all see this?

Exclusive: Ukraine’s special services ‘likely’ behind strikes on Wagner-backed forces in Sudan, a Ukrainian military source says

Apparently Ukraine is hitting the Russians on foreign soil now.
    Maybe the start of some international Russian criminal huntings ala Munich?
    Turnabout is fair play after all.
    God I wish they would pull an Israel and hunt all the Wagnerites until none remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    The Ceaucescu regime wasn't fair and the uprising was genuine.

However, the regime was crumbling, the dictator was losing the plot so some of the party and security leaders decided they rather bring down the house on him than get buried with him. In years before, state security could and would have clamped down on protests like that. Instead they allowed open discontent to brew then sent the old doddering fool out to hold a speech to the protesters. The footage clearly shows he was still believing in his power over his people at that point and the sheer outpour of hate stunned him. Afterwards, he was simply abandoned and shoved under the bus by the entire apparatus.
    I know all this, I also clearly remember their execution, it was like a snuff movie on the news.
    Last edited by diller; 2023-09-20 at 08:54 AM.

Wagner have also been having problems in Mali, with a number of planes and helicopters lost.

The Sudan situation is interesting as initially Sudan started out pro-russia. Something happened to change their mind along the way, to the point they sent weapons help Ukraine. Mortars mostly, I believe, but Sudan is a poor country and its more than a lot of countries have done. So this may be a case of Ukraine returning the favour. Given the RSF, the militia that the Sudanese government is fighting, had Wagner links, it might help explain the governments change of heart. Not only does this help weaken russian influence in Africa, it will also help flip a country from russia to Ukraine.