1. #35001
    Herald of the Titans Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    2,963
    Fun, fun, every day closer to the guillotines.

  2. #35002
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    No one knows what inflation in russia is actually running at, only that it is far higher than what russia claims. Estimates out it at 30-40%, which is not healthy. Now russia's finance minister has come up with a solution - if you'd don't buy, prices are fine.

    Who needs, food, clothing, heating?
    To be fair, this seems to be the wests answer to inflation too… raising interest rates causes consumers to be able to afford less, thus bringing the inflation down…

    Somehow nobody seems to care that the problem of inflation is that people can buy less, which isn’t solved, though inflation officially goes down.

  3. #35003
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    No one knows what inflation in russia is actually running at, only that it is far higher than what russia claims. Estimates out it at 30-40%, which is not healthy. Now russia's finance minister has come up with a solution - if you'd don't buy, prices are fine.

    Who needs, food, clothing, heating?
    Tell me, please, from where does that number, 30-40%, comes from? What sources, based on what? Because, well...

  4. #35004
    Looks like Russia shot down their own SU-35 around Tomak.

  5. #35005
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Looks like Russia shot down their own SU-35 around Tomak.
    https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1707683457537540562

    The apparent sauce for anyone curious. This is not yet confirmed.

  6. #35006
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1707683457537540562

    The apparent sauce for anyone curious. This is not yet confirmed.
    I hope it gets confirmed. Those things range from 40-60mil a pop.

  7. #35007
    serbs at it again.

  8. #35008
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Tell me, please, from where does that number, 30-40%, comes from? What sources, based on what? Because, well...
    "Because, well..."

    ...what? Because Russia says differently?

  9. #35009
    Herald of the Titans Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    2,963
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    serbs at it again.
    They probably should look at Armenia and see the writing on the wall if they expect russian support.

  10. #35010
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    They probably should look at Armenia and see the writing on the wall if they expect russian support.
    probably have and noticed the azeris have done some ethnic cleansing and nobody has done anything about it. doubled edged sword comparison there.

  11. #35011
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Tell me, please, from where does that number, 30-40%, comes from? What sources, based on what? Because, well...
    Here's just one for you - an economics professor (you know, someone who actually knows a thing or two about economies), pegs it at 60%. There are others who don't have it so high, but way above russia's claims.

    If it was anywhere near as low as russia claims there would have been no need for such a massive interest rates hike recently, from 8.5 to 12% in ne hit and then another large rise a month later to 13%. You only do that if you are fighting really serious inflation, not the false numbers russia put out.

  12. #35012
    Herald of the Titans Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    2,963
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    probably have and noticed the azeris have done some ethnic cleansing and nobody has done anything about it. doubled edged sword comparison there.
    Except NATO is already in Kosovo, *slightly* different situation.

  13. #35013
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Here's just one for you - an economics professor (you know, someone who actually knows a thing or two about economies), pegs it at 60%. There are others who don't have it so high, but way above russia's claims.

    If it was anywhere near as low as russia claims there would have been no need for such a massive interest rates hike recently, from 8.5 to 12% in ne hit and then another large rise a month later to 13%. You only do that if you are fighting really serious inflation, not the false numbers russia put out.
    Lol. "Could be" indeed. You actually believe in this age of communications that we somehow would not know if the actual prices shot up by 60%????
    There is nothing stopping you, personally, from finding out - internet, phone calls, actual trip to Russia (very easy to do nowadays, even from the "unfriendly countries"). Professor? World is full of professors of all kinds.

    I mean I only have couple of people in Russia whom I could call at any time and ask, in two very different cities, clearly they have been lying to me. Or maybe when I visited Russia twice during this year (oh the horror, clearly!) I also somehow did not see the prices skyrocketing, oh foolish me, not like it was my money that was exchanged for roubles.

    I wonder where was your comment when Baltics were grapling with actual official 20%+ inflation last year, which still hasn't really passed.


    What actually is not feeling well economics wise over there - first that's real estate business because people simply do not buy new appartments with rate that high, second, the economy is overheating as there is labour shortage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    "Because, well..."

    ...what? Because Russia says differently?
    Because it really is not hard to actually check it, even by yourself, instead of listening to insanity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    They probably should look at Armenia and see the writing on the wall if they expect russian support.
    I fail to remember which part of Armenia Russia has failed to support. Because Artsakh wasn't part of Armenia. You would not question the president of Armenia, would you? He was very clear in that regard.
    Of course said president has been caught lying few times xD

  14. #35014
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post

    Because it really is not hard to actually check it, even by yourself, instead of listening to insanity.
    You say it's not hard to check... so it should be pretty easy for you to prove your point.

  15. #35015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You say it's not hard to check... so it should be pretty easy for you to prove your point.
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/P8KufJfDvesQTTJv6

    A well known restaurant in Kaliningrad - the most expensive menu item there in July was under 1k roubles, read, ~10 EUR at the time, most around 500 roubles - so 5 EUR.
    Suffice to say a year ago they did not cost like 250-400, but about what they are now.


    Or we can just look at Vkusno i Tochka, which you might remember as the rebrand of McDonalds:
    https://vkusnoitochka.ru/menu

    You think it looks like they had 30% menu price increase, let alone 60?

  16. #35016
    Hehe, a peer-reviewed professor not valid information, but local moldy meat-selling McD ripoff is legit. Sub-standard living standards of russians outside of the Kremlin-protected region obviously have nothing to do with piss-cheap prices.

    Sounds like sleeper troll agents have been activated in sheer desperation

  17. #35017
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/P8KufJfDvesQTTJv6

    A well known restaurant in Kaliningrad - the most expensive menu item there in July was under 1k roubles, read, ~10 EUR at the time, most around 500 roubles - so 5 EUR.
    Suffice to say a year ago they did not cost like 250-400, but about what they are now.


    Or we can just look at Vkusno i Tochka, which you might remember as the rebrand of McDonalds:
    https://vkusnoitochka.ru/menu

    You think it looks like they had 30% menu price increase, let alone 60?
    Are we unable to comment on the situation in Russia due to "fog of economics" then?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  18. #35018
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/P8KufJfDvesQTTJv6

    A well known restaurant in Kaliningrad - the most expensive menu item there in July was under 1k roubles, read, ~10 EUR at the time, most around 500 roubles - so 5 EUR.
    Suffice to say a year ago they did not cost like 250-400, but about what they are now.


    Or we can just look at Vkusno i Tochka, which you might remember as the rebrand of McDonalds:
    https://vkusnoitochka.ru/menu

    You think it looks like they had 30% menu price increase, let alone 60?
    So your "gotcha" moment is a price comparison of some restaurants vs actual research provided by economics specialists that sign their results with their names? Like, seriously? Why do we even have economics professors if all you have to do it just check the menu, eh? You still doing this thing of "ha ha y'all dumb, my Telegram sources are the real deal and everything else are memes"?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-10-01 at 09:39 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  19. #35019
    Scarab Lord MCMLXXXII's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Delta swamp of the west
    Posts
    4,804
    Foggy wallet?

  20. #35020
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    They probably should look at Armenia and see the writing on the wall if they expect russian support.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    probably have and noticed the azeris have done some ethnic cleansing and nobody has done anything about it. doubled edged sword comparison there.
    Unlike Armenia/Azerbaijan which is geographically inaccessible for NATO, Serbia is literally landlocked by NATO countries. Unless the Russians invented a teleportation device, the Serbs would be taking one helluva gambit if they tried to invade a place currently hosting NATO peacekeepers.

    I don't think the Serbs are retarded enough to try.

    But this situation also highlights the fact that allowing the Serbs to re-arm was a mistake.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Foggy wallet?
    Foggynomics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •