Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    It puts a smile on my face when Russians loses irreplaceable archeotech from the Soviet precursors civilisation.
    I laughed way too hard at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is just 3-day special operation, da comrade? Nice in and out. Low cost, low risk.
    Maybe he meant 3 days on a tidally locked planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    It puts a smile on my face when Russians loses irreplaceable archeotech from the Soviet precursors civilisation.
    I wish I knew you IRL after reading these kinds of magnum opuses. Chortles to relocate my drink to my nasal ducts...

russian sources kindly provided a picture of one of the 'not destroyed' ka-52s after the ATACM strike.

Totally fine. Just a bit of tape and they can send it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    russian sources kindly provided a picture of one of the 'not destroyed' ka-52s after the ATACM strike.

Yeah sure there are some big holes in the cockpit glass and tons of other holes in the body around it. Still ready to fly, da?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah sure there are some big holes in the cockpit glass and tons of other holes in the body around it. Still ready to fly, da?
    The plane might be able to fly, but how long can the pilot stay in the seat before the glass is ripped off?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Honestly, at this point, it's clear that the Russian red lines are utterly meaningless.

NATO should just flood Ukraine with the deadliest, nastiest kit they have in store with the singular condition that "no targeting civilians and no NATO weapons used inside the internationally recognized borders of Russia", beyond that, GO HAM!

While the immediate Russian losses would be staggering and shocking, in all likelihood it would accelerate the conclusion of this conflict and on the long term save lives, both on the Ukrainian and Russian side.

The Russians can clearly hide and tolerate the slow trickle of dead, and enough Mobiks and Vatniks rotate home to create the illusion of sustainability. That illusion has to be shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Ukraine uses ATACMS

Something went boom big time in Luhansk and Berdiansk.
    You have to admire US military logistic divisions' ability to get the weapons into the hands of the Ukranian without alerting the Russian. We are seeing that in the Middle East also. Multiple units, squadrons and fleets transported halfway across the globe in matter of days.

My brother in-law gave me a book titled "Supplying the War". It talked about how the superior U.S. logistics has repeatedly bailed out poor planning, sub-optimal operational decisions, and tactical errors. We are seeing that right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    Even more hilarious is that apparently the missile that took them out was from 1996

https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsin..._and_launched/
    This war is being fought with weapons developed by the US in the 1980s for the purpose of stopping a Russian invasion into western Europe.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2023-10-21 at 05:55 PM.

Literally just a flesh wound /s

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    Honestly, at this point, it's clear that the Russian red lines are utterly meaningless.
    They always were. I've said it many times and I will continue to say it, the largest western failure of this war, aside from the pitiful dripfeeding of aid, was giving the rule of escalation into Russia's hand while meekly dragging feet with this or that matter. It would not be exaggeration to say that if Ukraine had a stockpile of western tanks, ATACMs, Storm Shadows, F-16s and air defence supplied from before day 1 of this latest invasion, there would have not been invasion. If that had been given 6 months into invasion, Ukraine would've had fully operational counter-attack force for this summer's assault with air- and long-range missile support.

In total it's shameful how we the west collectively still keep dragging feet. One image is enough to expose the absolute spinelesness of our support:

Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

1+ Year Old Account
    Putin only wants to hold out until the 2024 elections, because Trump may cut support, which then means Putin can win by attrition. If Trump doesn't actually cut support despite his campaign promises (and most politicians shit on their promises once they're in the seat because they know their promises are just not feasible and were just talk so idiots vote for them), then the war will continue for years more as neither side can make a decisive play that would end the war.

A war ends when the enemy big boss is neutralized and the capitol taken. Ukraine sure as hell can't march on Moscow, and Russia sure as hell can't take Kiev, while Zelensky himself is replaceable and his demise wouldn't end the war like in Putin's case. So both armies are just jerking off until a leader decides to give up.

Trump winning would be an issue for a bit, but the EU would realise he would also abandon them when russia went after the Baltics so they would increase aid to Ukraine, for their own safety.

- - - Updated - - -

Oryx put down 24 helicopters for the ATACMs strike, including 15 ka52s (7 destroyed, 8 damaged, with a note those damaged are probably beyond repair. ) that brings visually confirmed ka52 loses to 59. Given they were thought to only have around 100 operational ka52s to start with, they've now lost around 60% of them

1+ Year Old Account
    Trump winning would be an issue for a bit, but the EU would realise he would also abandon them when russia went after the Baltics so they would increase aid to Ukraine, for their own safety.
    Yep. That's why I seriously doubt Trump will cut support. This is beyond his ego, this makes America look weak and also seriously endangers relations with its allies if America looks unreliable in an actual situation.
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2023-10-22 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Yep. That's why I seriously doubt Trump will cut support. This is beyond his ego, this makes America look weak and also seriously endangers relations with its allies if America looks unreliable in actual situation.
    As if Trump cares about any of it. He doesn't even comprehend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    As if Trump cares about any of it. He doesn't even comprehend it.
    He might not care about it, but the rest of the government might have something to say about it as well. There's a reason the republicans are very supportive of a law making it so that the president can't unilaterally withdraw from NATO.

Pretty sure Congress would be able to pass a veto proof bill mandating that the DoD supplies Ukraine if it were needed.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I can't see why Trump would be able to just stop all help to Ukraine despite the both chambers and the people are behind helping. Your president is not a dictator, unlike what Trump seems to think lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I can't see why Trump would be able to just stop all help to Ukraine despite the both chambers and the people are behind helping. Your president is not a dictator, unlike what Trump seems to think lol
    You haven't heard of that thing called veto? And which party has control right now?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    You haven't heard of that thing called veto? And which party has control right now?
    Didn't Republicans block a 6 billion Ukraine aid few weeks ago, and are in general against further funding help? Wouldn't Trump just add to that?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-10-22 at 09:45 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Didn't Republicans block a 6 billion Ukraine aid few weeks ago, and are in general against further funding help? Wouldn't Trump just add to that?
    Biden is not bound by the chambers. He can just use the lend-lease that was approved, that he hasn't used at all yet.

But he won't use it unless something truly hits the shit.

Remember that the strategy is to wear down russia completely. Boil the frog. That's why it's relatively slow.