Clearly some individuals on internet presume WW3 as uncoordinated movie bar fight where everyone is disorganized splashing out every direction running headless hitting everyone and everything they can as long as they can doing so.

And hey, if anything, it's a extremely powerful and precise fight disarming the bad guy. Entire free world against tyranny, yeh we know how those ends.
    Last edited by neik; 2022-02-25 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    The goal is to overthrow the democratically elected government, find a puppet and force him to sign a peace treaty.
    Oh, I know that is there plan but I fail to see how they think simply taking Kyiv is going to accomplish that. No one will accept it and the Ukrainian army is nowhere near destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    I can’t help but feel the eurozone got caught with its pants down militarily speaking. Maintaining force projection capability is not for conquering the world per se but about deterrence mostly against aggressors such as Russia has proved to be.
    Well the mighty US does jack shit to protect Ukraine as well. It's not as much as "caught with pants down" more like a conscious decision not to interfere.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    You do have the Luftwaffe. Russian air superiority is a pretty important part of the situation in Ukraine right now.
    And as i said german pilots are protecting romanian airspace as we speak.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2022-02-25 at 11:30 AM.

Russian soldiers in military vehicle took a turn to run over a civilian car: https://twitter.com/i/status/1497149317215240198

Peaceful intervention, my ass. I hope I'll live long enough to see these war criminals meeting justice in Haque.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    We shall see. I think Russia has prepared for this for a long time and they want to score a cheap quick victory by seizing the capital.
    They’re still fighting over the airport, they’re taking a risk in overstretching themselves to try to temp Ukrainian forces to pull back to defend the Capital. The one thing Russia can’t afford to do is to get bogged down, so they just have to keep moving anyway.

According to UK intelligence, the Russians have failed their key objectives by virtue of taking too long over them already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They’re still fighting over the airport, they’re taking a risk in overstretching themselves to try to temp Ukrainian forces to pull back to defend the Capital. The one thing Russia can’t afford to do is to get bogged down, so they just have to keep moving anyway.

According to UK intelligence, the Russians have failed their key objectives by virtue of taking too long over them already.
    Russians failed to do Blitzkrieg, sadly it doesn't change the fact that Ukraine's chances of winning this are minimal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    And yet here you are defending Putin anyway.
    Where exactly?
    My posts were more anti NATO and anti Ukrainian government than pro-Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Where exactly?
    That's the same thing.....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Yup, waiting for you to condemn Putin in the strongest terms for causing all this death and destruction.

Any minute now.

Aaaaaaany minute....
    One civilian life is worth all government personel in the world combined. That included mine since I worked in the government for 9 years.
    Ultimatelly, governments are responsible for civilian lives.
    Now, what about that president who asked everyone who can pick up a weapon to do so and go to war, and forbbidden men between 18-60 years to leave the country?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    That's the same thing.....
    Not even close. But do elaborate why you disagree because I can't argue with people who basically say "because I say so and that's the end of it".

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Russian soldiers in military vehicle took a turn to run over a civilian car: https://twitter.com/i/status/1497149317215240198

Peaceful intervention, my ass. I hope I'll live long enough to see these war criminals meeting justice in Haque.
    Let me quote myself from reddit: "We will only hit military targets." -Putin, a piece of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    One civilian life is worth all government personel in the world combined. That included mine since I worked in the government for 9 years.
    Now, what about that president who asked everyone who can pick up a weapon to do so and go to war, and forbbidden men between 18-60 years to leave the country?

- - - Updated - - -

Not even close. But do elaborate why you disagree because I can't argue with people who basically say "because I say so and that's the end of it".
    By attacking the country being invaded and validating the cause of invasion, you are siding with the invader. Simple.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    I agree with you

The fact Ukraine is making man from age 18-60 to die fighting for its country is madness too.
    Is just a thing from the past, culture and history.

I still think "past", "culture" and "history" are important....but at the same time i hate those things because they are the only thing preventing the world to UNITE and we become all "human race united".

So...in my opinion...fuck "culture" and fuck "history of our countries"....if those things are making people die fighting in a war....is shit
    I wouldn't discard history as there's plenty to learn from it, and bad things happen always when people start forgetting history.
    But tradition and religion are parts of the society that limit people's ability to think on their own. Education, openness and to an extent (if used in a good way) internet is important to learn about differences of other cultures and that it's ok they think and behave differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where exactly?
    Those are one and the same when Russia is the one forcing this upon Ukraine. Ukraine does not want to be the victim of Russian imperialism being foisted upon them.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you won't condemn Putin for invading a sovereign country and killing civilians, but you will condemn a country's leader who will conscript soldiers but only as a last-ditch defensive measure to fight off the invaders?

Pathetically bad take on this one, I'm afraid.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    So you won't condemn Putin for invading a sovereign country and killing civilians, but you will condemn a country's leader who will conscript soldiers but only as a last-ditch defensive measure to fight off the invaders?

Pathetically bad take on this one, I'm afraid.
    Read my post above about the children martyrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    France... bullies.
    I assume a reference to the Françafrique, among other things.

They have rather murky history regarding their African turf. Plus their relatively recent spearheading of the NATO intervention in Libya.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

10+ Year Old Account
    Some unconfirmed reports about Russian army personnel - rank and file probably - surrendering upon finding out they were fighting in Ukraine

I have a feeling that is the point. To have other nations drained, even at the expense of Russia.
    Russia's coffers are not that big especially with the sanctions, I think the point is the show with those factors Ukraine will never be won. Also this is going to do the opposite of his complaints more nations will swarm to join NATO for safety or arm themselves with nukes because Russia doesn't respect sovereignty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    He will claim 'victory' once he besieges the capital. I hate citing Iraq because Putin wants to make it seem like this is somehow comparable but the fighting will look similar. The 'war' will be short but actual ground activity is going to be going on for a while. Remember there was already fighting before things became 'official' but now a lot more people have cause to resist Russian occupation and influence all throughout Ukraine.
    Unlike Iraq though there's a lot more firepower and funding on the side of Ukraine, billions are pouring in not to mention other resources that won't "officially" be from the US. Aside from Trump cucking to Putin the GOP establishment is lining up against Russia so no chance of congress stopping the flow of money and sanctions.

15+ Year Old Account
    By attacking the country being invaded and validating the cause of invasion, you are siding with the invader. Simple.
    Then in a way, I am. But being Slavic myself, I disagree with Slavs going against Slavs.
    But I don't see this confict as Russian people attacking Ukraine people. It's not a genocide.

Russia has a long history with the west. By allowing NATO in Ukraine is literally this scenario:
    Your neighbor installs missiles in his backyward aiming towards you.
    Meanwhile your neighbor doesn't care about his backyard and is instead living on the other side of the town.
    Yeah I'd be fucking upset too.

Russia already has missiles in its fucking backyard aimed at its neighbours.