1. #35921
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    u might post video from neutral observer like I did, instead of someone with an ukrainian avatar if u wanna be taken seriously, but keep ignoring the bad news of running out of money, troops, recruiting older people, women n under 18s, etc. n keep telling yourself you are winning. I wonder how long the cope will last?
    SO neutral, this gamer guy of yours.







    Add anti-woke videos, Gaza...

    Neutral observer everyone, courtesy of Waffles hahaha. You keep coming back to a thread which you deemed beyond "saving". Wonder why?

    For a gamer with an opinion, he sure knows conspiracies like NATO being part of the war
    Last edited by Saradain; 2023-12-10 at 07:31 PM.

  2. #35922
    I am Murloc! Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    5,871
    Dude, he has been making lots of videos when Rus forces did bad, so yeah, he is neutral. Now you can whine all you want about his language, it fits the algorithm. So your gripe is pretty pointless.

  3. #35923
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Dude, he has been making lots of videos when Rus forces did bad, so yeah, he is neutral. Now you can whine all you want about his language, it fits the algorithm. So your gripe is pretty pointless.
    Alright bro, Ukraine apparently has no reserves left but they keep fighting still?

    Why post random youtubers as "update video"? That implies bigger things than an opinion piece

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    but keep ignoring the bad news of running out of money, troops, recruiting older people, women n under 18s, etc.
    Also need sources for these claims of yours that you failed to prove last time before you fucked off unable to defend your viewpoints...I would bet money on majority here thinking you are the one who cannot be taken seriously...

  4. #35924
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Also need sources for these claims of yours that you failed to prove last time before you fucked off unable to defend your viewpoints...I would bet money on majority here thinking you are the one who cannot be taken seriously...
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...draft-dodgers/
    https://edition.cnn.com/2023/11/19/e...ntl/index.html
    https://www.ft.com/content/25711074-...c-ccb535f671d5

    Just three from generic inoffensive western sources within the last month regarding manpower discrepancies. That said, all you need to do is look at a demographic graph to foresee the course of this war in the coming years. As negotiation won't happen barring some sea change, total demographic exhaustion, not territorial moves over bombed out hovels in the Eastern Ukraine is the only end point.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

    Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

  5. #35925
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...draft-dodgers/
    https://edition.cnn.com/2023/11/19/e...ntl/index.html
    https://www.ft.com/content/25711074-...c-ccb535f671d5

    Just three from generic inoffensive western sources within the last month regarding manpower discrepancies. That said, all you need to do is look at a demographic graph to foresee the course of this war in the coming years. As negotiation won't happen barring some sea change, total demographic exhaustion, not territorial moves over bombed out hovels in the Eastern Ukraine is the only end point.
    Ukraine has had this discussion recently (like we in this thread), not every enlisted person is relocated to a frontline. Waffles is just famous for making absurd claims and his view on "neutral" is solely russian-aligned "sources" ie random youtubers

    Since you seem relatively new in this thread, do you think russian demographics are better than Ukraines at the moment? Given we've had that discussion too and it looks far, far worse for Russia given the magic 300k number. And a TON, more than 300k left Russia during first mobilization.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2023-12-10 at 08:08 PM.

  6. #35926
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Since you seem relatively new in this thread, do you think russian demographics are better than Ukraines at the moment? Given we've had that discussion too and it looks far, far worse for Russia given the magic 300k number.
    Nevermind the youtubers. Even taking the official Ukraine casualty numbers for Russia and taking at their word the 300 or 400k dead or whatever they're claiming at the moment, taking two Eastern European countries with low birthrates and high emigration, the one with five times the population and an actual working industry will eventually win a war of attrition. It'll take a fair amount of time given the total lack of real momentum on the front and how little of either population is actually mobilized, so all the press dooming right now is a bit strange except as justification to cut support in view of domestic issues, but the eventual result is a question of math, not politics.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

    Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

  7. #35927
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Nevermind the youtubers. Even taking the official Ukraine casualty numbers for Russia and taking at their word the 300 or 400k dead or whatever they're claiming at the moment, taking two Eastern European countries with low birthrates and high emigration, the one with five times the population and an actual working industry will eventually win a war of attrition. It'll take a fair amount of time given the total lack of real momentum on the front and how little of either population is actually mobilized, so all the press dooming right now is a bit strange except as justification to cut support in view of domestic issues, but the eventual result is a question of math, not politics.
    We can't be sure of the numbers. Both sides use tons of propaganda. The only certain is that the attacking side takes at least x2 the casualties especially against a well digged in / fortified defender.

    In military doctrine in an open field battle with all other thing being equal, 3 attackers are needed to overcome a defender. In the case of Ukraine war, we made sure that RU has air superiority by not giving airplanes from month #1, thus i suspect that Ukraine took multiple times the losses. We are ruled by completely incompetent politicians.

    If US/EU don't pick up the weapons delivery SIGNIFICANTLY in the next months, we will witness the biggest fail in western history.
    Last edited by Ulmita; 2023-12-10 at 08:22 PM.

  8. #35928
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    We can't be sure of the numbers. Both side use tons of propaganda. The only certain is that the attacking side takes at least x2 the casualties especially against a well digged in / fortified defender.

    If US/EU don't pick up the weapons delivery SIGNIFICANTLY in the next months, we will witness the biggest fail in western history.
    Everyone lies in war regarding numbers for obvious reasons, so I take those with a grain of salt, but the defender advantage hinges on a force multiplier via being able to use its ammo/equipment etc. without being contested, which is what most of the press is on about. I.e that since Ukraine has no domestic industry, the slow down in deliveries means that it can't properly utilize this advantage, hence both the lackluster counter-offensive results and the current gradual rollback of gains.

    As for a fail, not an overall western one, just a European one. The end result of the war will be a scalped Europe closely tied to the US, so a US win, and a mix of the EU and Russia being left to foot the bill for what's left of the Ukraine based on where the borders ultimately end up a while from now.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2023-12-10 at 08:21 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

    Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

  9. #35929
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    We can't be sure of the numbers. Both side use tons of propaganda. The only certain is that the attacking side takes at least x2 the casualties especially against a well digged in / fortified defender.

    If US/EU don't pick up the weapons delivery SIGNIFICANTLY in the next months, we will witness the biggest fail in western history.
    And that fail would be solely because the West fiddled too long with weapon aid because of stupid beliefs that Russia has any real military might other than meat shield waves. Which I recognize fully. West already failed in a sense that Russia made them piss their pants due energy dependencies (that now have finally been mended) and other bullcrap. What comes to numbers, for casualties we can be relatively sure given the sources we had ever since the 300k happened. Demographics I can't recall what we discussed here about them other than "not good for Russia".

  10. #35930
    One thing people claiming Ukraine has manpower issues are unaware of or just ignore is that the 18-26 age bracket is exempt from mobilisation at the moment. Meanwhile russia is killing tens of tousands of their own in that age group.

  11. #35931
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    One thing people claiming Ukraine has manpower issues are unaware of or just ignore is that the 18-26 age bracket is exempt from mobilisation at the moment. Meanwhile russia is killing tens of tousands of their own in that age group.
    Definitely the latter. Can't have both "Ukraine is recruiting kids!!!!!/Ukraine has no manpower left!!" and "18-26 age bracket exempt". Or maybe they think because you didn't use the numbers 0-26 that infants can be drafted? Given the russian inclination to murder kids, it almost seems true if we drink enough vodka.

  12. #35932
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    One thing people claiming Ukraine has manpower issues are unaware of or just ignore is that the 18-26 age bracket is exempt from mobilisation at the moment. Meanwhile russia is killing tens of tousands of their own in that age group.
    First time that I hear this. Any sources?

  13. #35933
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    First time that I hear this. Any sources?
    https://visitukraine.today/blog/1974...t-mobilisation

    Won't let me copypaste stuff so have a screenshot:


  14. #35934
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    We can't be sure of the numbers. Both sides use tons of propaganda. The only certain is that the attacking side takes at least x2 the casualties especially against a well digged in / fortified defender.
    That is just a rule of thumb.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    In military doctrine in an open field battle with all other thing being equal, 3 attackers are needed to overcome a defender. In the case of Ukraine war, we made sure that RU has air superiority by not giving airplanes from month #1, thus i suspect that Ukraine took multiple times the losses. We are ruled by completely incompetent politicians.
    Russia still does not have air superiority.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    If US/EU don't pick up the weapons delivery SIGNIFICANTLY in the next months, we will witness the biggest fail in western history.
    Not necessarily, but the US/EU should do it regardless.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Since you seem relatively new in this thread, do you think russian demographics are better than Ukraines at the moment? Given we've had that discussion too and it looks far, far worse for Russia given the magic 300k number. And a TON, more than 300k left Russia during first mobilization.
    And more realistic observers don't see demographics as a limiting factor for either side.

  15. #35935
    Herald of the Titans Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    2,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    And more realistic observers don't see demographics as a limiting factor for either side.
    Perhaps, but the population pyramid of russia is not in their favour...(excuse the size I'm not sure how to resize this.)

  16. #35936
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    an update vid

    [video=youtube;beecnWKAOrI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beecnWKAOrI[/vieo]
    No one should get their war news from youtube, or news from youtube. Please go back to school.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  17. #35937
    I see the Vatniks are back.

    Sheer number of bodies you can throw into a meat grinder won't win you a war.

    "Demographics" is utterly irrelevant in this context unless you plan on turning this into a generational conflict, even then.

    What's your plan here? How do you plan on actually mobilizing those people? Logistically speaking. How will you get them to front? And keep them there? Feed them, cloth them, provide medical care, training, equipment etc.

    Nobody has ever questioned Russian numerical superiority. What's in question is Russia's ability to utilize it.

    Just looking at numbers on paper, Ukraine should have no air force, no artillery, no armor, and no infrastructure by this point. Yet somehow, we have a stalemate.

    Also Russian production numbers were and are bullshit.

    Several pages ago I already explained how they rig their production numbers and how they keep on putting new (refurbished) equipment in service.

    The weak link here is western defeatism and internal sabotage from Russia aligned factions...like the GOP, Orban etc.

    Also, let's say Russia somehow manages to hold onto the territories it currently holds permanently in a negotiated settlement.

    That's still not a Russian victory. The initial Russian war goals were either the complete annexation of Ukraine or its subjugation Belarus style. That objective will never be achieved.

  18. #35938
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    3,290
    It also says a lot when an alleged industrial powerhouse can barely get supplies to a front line right on it's doorstep.

    Ukraine's ultimate win condition (shoving Russia out of their territory) isn't assured, but Russia's abhorrent logistics have given them more than a fighting chance.

  19. #35939
    Over 9000! zealo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    No one should get their war news from youtube, or news from youtube. Please go back to school.
    And on top of that, that particular dude is extraordinarily awful of a “source” among them.

    It explains a lot about why Waffles views are so warped that he’s following such a complete tool as HistoryLegends.

  20. #35940
    Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    I see the Vatniks are back.

    Sheer number of bodies you can throw into a meat grinder won't win you a war.

    "Demographics" is utterly irrelevant in this context unless you plan on turning this into a generational conflict, even then.

    What's your plan here? How do you plan on actually mobilizing those people? Logistically speaking. How will you get them to front? And keep them there? Feed them, cloth them, provide medical care, training, equipment etc.

    Nobody has ever questioned Russian numerical superiority. What's in question is Russia's ability to utilize it.

    Just looking at numbers on paper, Ukraine should have no air force, no artillery, no armor, and no infrastructure by this point. Yet somehow, we have a stalemate.

    Also Russian production numbers were and are bullshit.

    Several pages ago I already explained how they rig their production numbers and how they keep on putting new (refurbished) equipment in service.

    The weak link here is western defeatism and internal sabotage from Russia aligned factions...like the GOP, Orban etc.

    Also, let's say Russia somehow manages to hold onto the territories it currently holds permanently in a negotiated settlement.

    That's still not a Russian victory. The initial Russian war goals were either the complete annexation of Ukraine or its subjugation Belarus style. That objective will never be achieved.
    What happened during the Korea war seems to disagree with your statement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •