Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The jokes about shovels write themselves. By the time of retreat announcement situation had already fallen appart, videos of escaping, captured and dead soldiers with claims of them being abandoned, videos from fortifications with ammo and supplies left so fast that no one even had a time to set fire to place, much less mine them. Also the loss of coke plant which could have been further defended since it had direct supply line from Orlivka and was not encircled unlike the actual city in the south.
    Collapse in command seems to be the answer, they basically started to run soon after city was cut in two.

Two actual things of importance of this small city - hit to morale, especially after bleak last months and that this was one of the main fortification points in the region, built over 9 years.

You are not what you think you are, IMHO.

Time will show who of us was right. Back in 2022 all I wanted was for people to stop underestimating Russia just because it had stumbled and take a clear headed approach to all the claims (read, propaganda). As it turned out that was too much to ask.
    Washing machine chips. Shovels. Out of missiles/tanks/etc. by *insert date here*. Human waves. Losses 1 to 10. Absolutely insane shit like meat cubes. Can't also forget all the claims about economy and weapons production.

Time will tell.
    You forgot to mention why Ukraine is using AA missiles in Kiev.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Adviika's gone

https://x.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1758949767223148781?s=20

- - - Updated - - -

Time will show who of us was right. Back in 2022 all I wanted was for people to stop underestimating Russia just because it had stumbled and take a clear headed approach to all the claims (read, propaganda). As it turned out that was too much to ask.
    Washing machine chips. Shovels. Out of missiles/tanks/etc. by *insert date here*. Human waves. Losses 1 to 10. Absolutely insane shit like meat cubes. Can't also forget all the claims about economy and weapons production.

Time will tell.
    They don't understand that. They are waaaayyyy too brainwashed from all the propaganda they are reading from our press.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time already showed us who was right.

Hint: It wasn't you, lol. The West did in fact sanction Russia and Kyiv was not in fact encircled and captured within a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    They got something that can end nations, that's why no one wants to fight them directly.
    But the thing about this is where is the line drawn? Can they just get away with everything with that card?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    But the thing about this is where is the line drawn? Can they just get away with everything with that card?
    Feel free to go and fight in russia, don't forget to have your next of kin's info on you.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    The nuke's aren't something worth focusing your attention on; Putin is well-aware just dropping those spells the end for his entire campaign, and if he didn't care about legacy/the great soviet reclamation he would have used something already. This is trying to dig up a wholly conspiratorial/world ending scare out of nothing. (I belive this point has been iterated in this thread a fair few times already, as well.

10+ Year Old Account

They don't understand that. They are waaaayyyy too brainwashed from all the propaganda they are reading from our press.
    So did they conquer Ukraine in three days?

Did they ever find those Ukrainian nazis?

Have they revealed how this was actually all NATO's fault?

Were they "caring" for the people of the towns they invaded as they said they were, instead of turning them into mass graves?

No? That was all bullshit?

Then shut the fuck up about "propaganda."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polgara View Post
    This is trying to dig up a wholly conspiratorial/world ending scare out of nothing. (I belive this point has been iterated in this thread a fair few times already, as well.
    This is that entire poster's MO. I can't tell if they're trolling or dangerously delusional, but I put them on ignore a long time ago and haven't regretted it since.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account

Its strange that russan politican didnt fly out of airplane window.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently another SU-34 got splashed in Luhansk.

Ukrainian officials
    Last edited by Iphie; 2024-02-18 at 11:08 AM.

Four in a day. Ukraine must have snuck a Patriot launcher up close again.

A russian milblogger who had been rather quiet since the crack down on them has spoken up after Avdiivka and he is not celebrating at all. In fact he is risking himself speaking up. He is admitting to sixteen thousand dead just to take the town. He is also admitting to 300 knocked out armoured vehicles, but the actual verified number is twice that, so the number of dead may be as well.

And he is rather despondent that after such heavy losses they couldn't even close the cauldron.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRose92 View Post

Slobba Yewkraymiuh.
    "Mods are asleep, let's see how much shitposting I can do until they wake up."

Adviika's gone

https://x.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1758949767223148781?s=20
    A pyrrhic victory for Russia. But Ukraine can't win this war of attrition without ongoing support. They're already rationing ammunition. Their soldiers are in their 40s. They've lost almost a fifth of their territory and I don't think they'll get it back, at least not before 2025 when they might finally be able to launch another major counter offensive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    "Mods are asleep, let's see how much shitposting I can do until they wake up."
    Just your typical Right Wing troll going on a forum spree until he gets banned.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

One could ask as to how Russia can keep attacking when out of ~500k men (or whatever was the latest number) on frontline 50k are out of action, according to the claims about Avdiivka. It would be a catastrophe and front would go full defensive and yet they keep attacking (about to re-enter the infamous Robotyne if not stopped)
    Or the claims about vehicle losses - how did Ukraine loose Avdiivka with 57 confirmed losses there versus Russia's supposed 666 (heh)?

Not even funny anymore, truly the age of shovels...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

One could ask as to how Russia can keep attacking when out of ~500k men (or whatever was the latest number) on frontline 50k are out of action, according to the claims about Avdiivka. It would be a catastrophe and front would go full defensive and yet they keep attacking (about to re-enter the infamous Robotyne if not stopped)
    Or the claims about vehicle losses - how did Ukraine loose Avdiivka with 57 confirmed losses there versus Russia's supposed 666 (heh)?

Care to source your claims and numbers or you just making them up (again)?

Hehe, imagine being happy for continuing genocide so you can at least pretend to be right when you've been...nothing but wrong in the past xD

Pride, the real downfall of humanity. Last I checked the casualty numbers was approaching 400k but who cares if we add some 25% to that to downplay facts in russian favor, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Care to source your claims and numbers or you just making them up (again)?

Hehe, imagine being happy for continuing genocide so you can at least pretend to be right when you've been...nothing but wrong in the past xD

Pride, the real downfall of humanity. Last I checked the casualty numbers was approaching 400k but who cares if we add some 25% to that to downplay facts in russian favor, right?
    @Easo seems to believe not acknowleding the dozens of times he was wrong makes him right. No different from the other people who coincidentally keep arguing in the same direction; functionally and possibly ideologically no different from tankies, nazis or trumpists.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    @Easo seems to believe not acknowleding the dozens of times he was wrong makes him right. No different from the other people who coincidentally keep arguing in the same direction; functionally and possibly ideologically no different from tankies, nazis or trumpists.
    Easo, Ulmita and Waffles appearance correlates with western supply line issues perfectly. Because that's the only time nazi Russia can get anything done

Brave defenders of...eh...genocide...war crimes...stuff. And I thought just being a reader of MMO-C made one a weirdo.

10+ Year Old Account

Russian leadership doesn't care about casualties, do not think that casualties will stop russia...well, not until the mothers of the soldiers really get involved. In any case, right now we're on track to get to about 7-800k eliminated russians by the end of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Russian leadership doesn't care about casualties, do not think that casualties will stop russia...well, not until the mothers of the soldiers really get involved. In any case, right now we're on track to get to about 7-800k eliminated russians by the end of this year.
    Shit, Easo was right :O

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual...-Ukrainian_War

Casualties in the Russo-Ukrainian War included six deaths during the 2014 annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation, 14,200–14,400 military and civilian deaths during the war in Donbas, and up to 500,000 estimated casualties during the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine.
    Well I'll be damned. And an answer to his question, Russia can continue when they have how many, 147 million people living in there? 500k is just a drop in the green orc ocean. Not counting internal pressure as they have to scour closer to St Petersburg and Moscow for willing (unwilling) meat shields.

https://www.businessinsider.com/denm...24-2?r=US&IR=T

Thanks Denmark for donating their entire artillery shell stock to Ukraine. And Czech Republic is considering sending up to 800k if funding is established!