Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Oh, minorities alone will not be sufficient if Ukraine is as successful in attrition as they have been. But Russia still seems to be eager to feed them into the meatgrinder first. And since Ukraine keeping it up is contingent of continued Western aid, they might just suffice. Also 7 in the top 15 of that list are groups from the Caucasus, historically troublesome for Russia (think Chechens).
    No wonder the turbo right-wingers are salivating about Russia. Purge all the "disgusting foreigners", eradicate any other minorities...Their wet dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    No wonder the turbo right-wingers are salivating about Russia. Purge all the "disgusting foreigners", eradicate any other minorities...Their wet dream.
    And settle ethnic Russians in their place. The Great Replacement they claim is their nightmare - and Russia has been practicing it for centuries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    to the guy that asked what the world should do about Navalny's murder:

when I was a kid, I was indoctrinated with jargon about how murder is the ultimate wrong/evil. As an adult, the fact people like Putin get away with it just makes me think it's seen as wrong if you're just a normal citizen and not someone in a position of power. Like Putin just murders a guy and the West still does economic business with Russia because of their wealth and resources.
    The US and Israel assassinate people every other week, often with drone strikes causing considerable collateral damage and civilian deaths along with them. Don't think for a second we're that much better. The actual difference seems to be whether you're murdering foreigners or citizens of your own country.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2024-02-20 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Easo, are you talking about people in the thread or people beyond the thread? We can't control what a former general says my dude, I thought we were talking about folks in this thread but your post is all about other stuff.

Will you answer why is Ukraine firing AA missiles over their territory, yet? Or do we have a few more hurdles to clear before you'll entertain that question?
    Will you (and others...) stop playing this stupid game of "I can't read the question" despite me repeatedly pointing it out? They are firing them because Russia is attacking. What I am asking is why are Ukraine's lies about their AA failures claimed and accepted as Russian attacks and war crimes?
    No, being under attack does not mean everything is suddenly allowed. Or is it to you?

Well, anyway, start digging those trenches I guess, Russia is coming or whatever. Because no, Western officials are not claiming 10+ years as you said, they are claiming much less. Norway says 2-3 (https://nypost.com/2024/01/23/news/n...r-with-russia/), Denmark 3-5 (https://www.ft.com/content/b3101099-...6-179997d7e4cf). Funny, they are supposed to be out of tanks in 3 years. Or was it end of this year, it all changes so fast
    This totally is not a fear mongering, I promise you

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    And settle ethnic Russians in their place. The Great Replacement they claim is their nightmare - and Russia has been practicing it for centuries.
    You can claim a lot of things about modern Russia, but being overall racist and displacing ethnic minorities are not in the list. Tatars probably have more sway in Russia than Indians in USA and no, their language and ethnicity are not being supressed. Or the way over the top attention and pull that Chechnya has as another example.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Will you (and others...) stop playing this stupid game of "I can't read the question" despite me repeatedly pointing it out? They are firing them because Russia is attacking. What I am asking is why are Ukraine's lies about their AA failures claimed and accepted as Russian attacks and war crimes?
    No, being under attack does not mean everything is suddenly allowed. Or is it to you?

Well, anyway, start digging those trenches I guess, Russia is coming or whatever. Because no, Western officials are not claiming 10+ years as you said, they are claiming much less. Norway says 2-3 (https://nypost.com/2024/01/23/news/n...r-with-russia/), Denmark 3-5 (https://www.ft.com/content/b3101099-...6-179997d7e4cf). Funny, they are supposed to be out of tanks in 3 years. Or was it end of this year, it all changes so fast
    This totally is not a fear mongering, I promise you

You can claim a lot of things about modern Russia, but being overall racist and displacing ethnic minorities are not in the list. Tatars probably have more sway in Russia than Indians in USA and no, their language and ethnicity are not being supressed. Or the way over the top attention and pull that Chechnya has as another example.
    How many Crimean tatars are there in Crimea? How many Chinese people are in Vladivostok (originally a Chinese city)? How come there's Russian colonies in about every single country formerly subjugated by Russia? How come Russia is monetarily incentivising to move in and overpopulate the ethnic minorities originating from the regions?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    You have, as always, a distorted view of what actually happened. Russians could advance 1 inch to capture a sandbox and you'd be announcing the end of a nation. A small city, that was fortified to keep as a meat grinder for the orcs, took its time to fall, be that part of US Ukraine aid being delayed by russian-licking idiots or otherwise. The city that fell (and was already utterly in ruins) used to be a 32k population city. Is that a major gain when it already was entirely rubble??
    I don't think YUPPIE understands what a pyrrhic victory is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really?

Wow, that’s sooooooooo crazy.

Someone better tell the people defending Israel because of October 7th, then!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Easo been hiding, sulking all this time with his amazing war analytics and "ha, told you so" when Russia was struggling hard, and now he thinkg it's his moment to shine. Does not work out very well for him.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Russia is still waging the war with no signs of slowing down.
    So why did Russia not start a "second Avdiivka" on a different part of the front to break Ukraine? You "only" need 50 000 man to do that. Do Russia believe in sportsmanship and only make one large offensive at the time, or Russia no longer have 50 000 uncommitted troops (and the equipment/support for them)

They are actually striking several locations at the moment, and apparently have amassed another force of 50k to the south, in Zaporizhia.
    It doesn't look good. They are pressing the advantage the American magats have given them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    So why did Russia not start a "second Avdiivka" on a different part of the front to break Ukraine? You "only" need 50 000 man to do that. Do Russia believe in sportsmanship and only make one large offensive at the time, or Russia no longer have 50 000 uncommitted troops (and the equipment/support for them)
    Sadly, due to disparity in resources currently, Russia -is- advancing on multiple front. Not in flashy way and each step costs both hardware and manpower in insane numbers but they are advancing. Primarily this is combination of Europe being a limp dick and our refusal to shift up gears in ammunition and weapons production in the way we should have a year ago, US being limp dick because of their internal politicing of Ukraine support package and Ukraine itself by having not been able to introduce the new draft law that had been in legal limbo for months now which has slowed down training of new troops and formations for rotation and introduction into the fronts. Even if it passes right now, it'll be months before new recruits would be in condition to be introduced in the battlefield.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alach View Post
    They are actually striking several locations at the moment, and apparently have amassed another force of 50k to the south, in Zaporizhia.
    It doesn't look good. They are pressing the advantage the American magats have given them.
    Fault is just as much with us in Europe and our failure to amp up the production and cowardice to not dip further into the storages. And these are just "recent" faults on our side. The cowardice under Russian nuclear bluff is a chapter of it's own.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

True, but they are trying at least, I think Denmark just committed all their arterilly? And factories are finally ramping up.
    The jets from the Netherlands should be arriving within the next couple weeks I think.
    Last edited by alach; 2024-02-20 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alach View Post
    True, but they are trying at least, I think Denmark just committed all their arterilly? And factories are finally ramping up.
    The jets from the Netherlands should be arriving within the next couple weeks I think.
    Yeah, but Denmark's artillery is 19 artillery pieces. It's a good commitment from them and sets an example but not a game-changer sadly. And those F-16s should've been there at latest to establish air superiority for the summer offensive.

Russia will have way to much air defence for air superiority to be a thing for Ukraine, the F-16's will be for air defence and long range stand-off launch platforms.

The west doesn't have many artillery shells, but they should have plenty of missiles for the F-16's to fire.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

snip
    I see no reply to me calling you out about your lying on the last page. Again why did you lie and say none of the ships sunk were Kalibr platform, when the Askold was one. This is why people do not treat you seriously. You complain about people believing Ukraine lies and then proceed to lie yourself.

What I am asking is why are Ukraine's lies about their AA failures claimed and accepted as Russian attacks and war crimes?
    Oh, let me answer that.
    *Ahem*
    THEY SHOULDN'T BE USING THOSE AA'S IN THE FIRST PLACE, BUT BECAUSE PUTIN IS INSECURE ABOUT HIS FUCKING DICK THEY FUCKING HAVE TO!
    EVERY MISFIRE OF THOSE THINGS IS STILL FUCKING RUSSIA'S FAULT SO STOP FUCKING BLAMING UKRAINE FOR THAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Russia will have way to much air defence for air superiority to be a thing for Ukraine, the F-16's will be for air defence and long range stand-off launch platforms.

The west doesn't have many artillery shells, but they should have plenty of missiles for the F-16's to fire.
    Localized air superiority could've been a possibility. One of the big issues Ukraine's summer offensive had (aside from lackluster support from west) was that Russia got to utilize their attack helicopters quite freely and use BVR weaponry to strike advancing forces that were funneled by minefields. F-16 would've suppressed that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Yeah, but Denmark's artillery is 19 artillery pieces. It's a good commitment from them and sets an example but not a game-changer sadly. And those F-16s should've been there at latest to establish air superiority for the summer offensive.
    Europe has been worried about escalation because we didn’t know what Russia had or was really capable of which is what led to a lot of the delays and holding back. Now it’s apparent the answer to those questions is ‘not a lot’ there’s a lot more willingness to get stuck in pretty much risk free.

Ukraine has had pretty much all NATOs intelligence and planners at its disposal so it’ll all have been calculated, it’s just a shame Ukraine has had to pay such a massive price for us being so tentative. Hopefully though with new aircraft and the experience of last spring/summer they’ll be able to make more of a success of any such offensive this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    That wasn't all of it. They still have about the same number in another system.

well the US announced its response to Navalny's murder.

Sanctions! Due Friday for what it's worth.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."