1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Russia is saying they have arrested 11 people already, including 4 involved in the attack. Once again russian authorities are suspiciously fast at arresting people but not at stopping the attacks.

Isis also has a track record of claiming credit for attacks they aren't involved in.
    The ID pictures they released to the press, show some men with that tiny Muslim hat on their heads.

Russian security forces are saying the arrested attackers were trying to head for Ukraine and that they had contacts there. So looks like they will blame Ukraine, as expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Russian security forces are saying the arrested attackers were trying to head for Ukraine and that they had contacts there. So looks like they will blame Ukraine, as expected.
    Realistically though, which way would they flee? Belarus, Finland? the Baltics? the central Asian republics? the Caucasus? those all have their own issues, like distance or closed borders, or being in russia's pocket. Ukraine would be the closest area where the border situation is chaotic enough that they could flee there easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    The ID pictures they released to the press, show some men with that tiny Muslim hat on their heads.
    Yeah probaly a photoshop.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Yeah probaly a photoshop.
    Why? If anything Putin would have loved it if they were Ukrainians, so he could then use it to rile up the Russians for a general mobilization and support for his war. Putin has nothing to win from pointing fingers at ISIS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? If anything Putin would have loved it if they were Ukrainians, so he could then use it to rile up the Russians for a general mobilization and support for his war. Putin has nothing to win from pointing fingers at ISIS.
    He can spin the narrative that ukraine is supporting Isis or some other non-sense and people will belive it.
    Saying Ukrainians attacked them directly would be more of a issue for security.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Realistically though, which way would they flee? Belarus, Finland? the Baltics? the central Asian republics? the Caucasus? those all have their own issues, like distance or closed borders, or being in russia's pocket. Ukraine would be the closest area where the border situation is chaotic enough that they could flee there easily.
    As the Ukrainians pointed out, fleeing towards the mist heavily monitored border where active fighting is going on would be dumb.

But pootie in his speech is saying they had contacts on the Ukrainian side so they are going all in with blaming Ukraine.

The Tajiks are saying it is impossible that 2 of the 4 men arrested for the attack are to blame as they have alibis. So looks like security grabbed 4 convenient looking Muslim men and blamed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    He can spin the narrative that ukraine is supporting Isis or some other non-sense and people will belive it.
    Saying Ukrainians attacked them directly would be more of a issue for security.
    I think it still looks like a security issue no matter how he blames the Ukraine. Ultimately it boils down to: Ukraine, either directly, or indirectly through terrorist connections, succeeded in a seriously deadly attack. Ukraine will deny, they have to. This could turn local public opinion, but that hasnt really made much of a difference in Russias war effort anyway.

If it is wholly ISIS, then Russia/Putin looks distracted. Being unable to prevent terror attacks while engaged in a major war.

I dont think it matters which way Putin tries to slice it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Yup, Pootie is in a pickle. How is he gonna retaliate? Blame Ukraine and attack them harder? Invade with his broken and occupied army the places in central Asia that this terrorist group comes from? Join West in the attacks against terror groups?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2024-03-23 at 02:00 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

1+ Year Old Account
    I think it still looks like a security issue no matter how he blames the Ukraine. Ultimately it boils down to: Ukraine, either directly, or indirectly through terrorist connections, succeeded in a seriously deadly attack. Ukraine will deny, they have to. This could turn local public opinion, but that hasnt really made much of a difference in Russias war effort anyway.

If it is wholly ISIS, then Russia/Putin looks distracted. Being unable to prevent terror attacks while engaged in a major war.

No one in their right mind will believe that Ukraine made a deal with fucking ISIS! If Russians eat this shit up, then they're even more stupid than we think they are!

10+ Year Old Account
    No one in their right mind will believe that Ukraine made a deal with fucking ISIS! If Russians eat this shit up, then they're even more stupid than we think they are!
    Uh, yes, they do eat shit like that up. Especially those outside of major population centres. We are talking about a country that teaches it's kids that Soviet Army was the only one to beat Nazi Germany and single-handedly save the world.

Let's not forget that official Kremlin line is that Ukraine gov are Nazis that teamed up with NATO to threaten Russia.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2024-03-23 at 02:13 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

So Putler came out of hiding and gave a little speech in which he didn't mention ISIS even once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Uh, yes, they do eat shit like that up. Especially those outside of major population centres. We are talking about a country that teaches it's kids that Soviet Army was the only one to beat Nazi Germany and single-handedly save the world.
    It ain't just them that level of stupidity exists here stateside.
    WW2 didn't really get going until December 11, 1941 when the US got involved and saved the world by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of pure curiosity, those republics in Siberia, do they have separatist movements and are they Muslim? Adjacent to that, are there nuclear weapons on those territories? (I don't really want to think about an ISIS situation like in Iraq with a possibility of nuclear material getting into their hands.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of Russians in their right mind wont speak up about disagreeing with their murderous leader.

So it doesnt really matter. Smart Russians will keep their head down and nod silently. Russians who dont like Putin will object no matter what. Russians who agree with Putin will agree no matter what.

So it still doesnt matter.

Putin could blame Hollywood and violent video games for all it matters.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of Russians in their right mind wont speak up about disagreeing with their murderous leader.

So it doesnt really matter. Smart Russians will keep their head down and nod silently. Russians who dont like Putin will object no matter what. Russians who agree with Putin will agree no matter what.

So it still doesnt matter.

Putin could blame Hollywood and violent video games for all it matters.
    I think they referred to that as Western Decadence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

5+ Year Old Account
    ISIS officially claiming credit for this one.
    isis has since they got stomped in the middle east been claiming it's them if a kid slips on a banana in Australia.

Bunch of loosers, forget them, this has Ukraine written all over it, cuz the terrorists were fleeing towards the direction of Ukraine...

Putin needs to do a Day of Revenge. Stop using small bombs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    isis has since they got stomped in the middle east been claiming it's them if a kid slips on a banana in Australia.

Bunch of loosers, forget them, this has Ukraine written all over it, cuz the terrorists were fleeing towards the direction of Ukraine...

No, no, no. You are supposed to wait for the official Kremlin propaganda line before saying stuff like that. Stepping out of the line is a big no-no in Putinland.

5+ Year Old Account
    No, no, no. You are supposed to wait for the official Kremlin propaganda line before saying stuff like that. Stepping out of the line is a big no-no in Putinland.
    Bring out the FOABs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Did they run out of normal workers and you got an offer to shitpost for turnips?

Can we have pictures of the mandatory Sims 3 and Hitler photos associated with the terrorists?