1. #38281
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They absolutely despite putting any resources towards Europe. We have no capital or raw resources that would benefit them.
    As an American living in Europe, my anecdotal information trumps your anecdotal information and says you're basing your uninformed opinion on a minority of Americans who get a lot of screen time.

  2. #38282
    The Unstoppable Force Jessicka's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    21,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They absolutely despite putting any resources towards Europe. We have no capital or raw resources that would benefit them.
    The EU has regularly tabled ideas of European armed forces, response forces, and money for improving its military logistics. It's the US who's jumped in every single time and said 'we got it covered' and put more in. The US has immense interest in Europe depending on it for defence.

  3. #38283
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The EU has regularly tabled ideas of European armed forces, response forces, and money for improving its military logistics. It's the US who's jumped in every single time and said 'we got it covered' and put more in. The US has immense interest in Europe depending on it for defence.
    Americans want to stop doing that and wasting money on Europe.

  4. #38284
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They absolutely despite putting any resources towards Europe. We have no capital or raw resources that would benefit them.
    They do? Based on what?

    https://ustr.gov/countries-regions

    The top five purchasers of U.S. goods exports in 2022 were: Canada ($356.5 billion), Mexico ($324.3 billion), China ($150.4 billion), Japan ($80.2 billion), and the United Kingdom ($76.2 billion). U.S. goods exports to the European Union 27 were $350.8 billion.

    ...

    The top five suppliers of U.S. goods imports in 2022 were: China ($536.3 billion), Mexico ($454.8 billion), Canada ($436.6 billion), Japan ($148.1 billion), and Germany ($146.6 billion). U.S. goods imports from the European Union 27 were $553.3 billion.

    ...

    The top five purchasers of U.S. services exports in 2022 were: Ireland ($83.1 billion), the United Kingdom ($80.9 billion), Canada ($69.5 billion), Switzerland ($52.4 billion), and China ($42.2 billion). U.S. services exports to the European Union 27 were $238.6 billion.

    ...

    The top five suppliers of U.S. services imports in 2022 were: the United Kingdom ($70.8 billion), Germany ($42.0 billion), Canada ($40.6 billion), Japan ($38.5 billion), and Mexico ($37.3 billion). U.S. services imports from the European Union 27 were $166.7 billion
    Genuinely unsure what you're talking about and if it's anecdotal then it's entirely irrelevant.

  5. #38285
    Merely a Setback Kaleredar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    25,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Americans want to stop doing that and wasting money on Europe.
    Only a few Republican shills that either draw an income from Putin or don’t want to see the democrats getting good press and their handful of useful idiot followers. And that’s not even all of the republicans, mostly just the new maga-idiot branded ones.


    Americans love American global hegemony. Especially seeing as who the current alternatives are… China or Russia.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  6. #38286
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Only a few Republican shills that either draw an income from Putin or don’t want to see the democrats getting good press and their handful of useful idiot followers. And that’s not even all of the republicans, mostly just the new maga-idiot branded ones.


    Americans love American global hegemony. Especially seeing as who the current alternatives are… China or Russia.
    "I rather send bullets to Ukraine than our boys."

    Mike Johnson.

    I agree with him on that.

  7. #38287
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Americans want to stop doing that and wasting money on Europe.
    You should probably stop pulling things from your ass. You're going to need to visit a doctor.

    It's primarily the GOP that's against sending aid to Ukraine, and even then it's divided among them. Even Lindsey Graham is yelling at some of his GOP colleagues about it. For the record, the GOP does not even make up a plurality of Americans.

    If you don't have any facts, just anecdotes based on your personal feelings then gtfo.

  8. #38288
    Aid Bill passed the Senate 79-18 so a lot of bipartisan support. Biden will now sign it and the weapons will start flowing again.

  9. #38289
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Americans want to stop doing that and wasting money on Europe.
    Trump and some of his maga idiots want to. Not Americans as a whole. I wouldn't be concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

    Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

  10. #38290
    Scarab Lord Zaydin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    4,641
    All the Russian sympathizers in Congress like MTG should be required to register as foreign agents of Russia.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

  11. #38291
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    All the Russian sympathizers in Congress like MTG should be required to register as foreign agents of Russia.
    If Dana Rohrabacher, former Republican Rep. from CA and once dubbed "Putin's favorite member of Congress", didn't have to, she doesn't have to.

    Republicans have set the bar surprisingly high!

  12. #38292
    Herald of the Titans Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Aid Bill passed the Senate 79-18 so a lot of bipartisan support. Biden will now sign it and the weapons will start flowing again.
    79-18, better than the Senate bill. I guess some people got heavily pressured to 'do the right thing".

  13. #38293
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They absolutely despite putting any resources towards Europe. We have no capital or raw resources that would benefit them.
    History lesson for you: the Martial Plan
    - Lars

  14. #38294
    Herald of the Titans Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    History lesson for you: the Martial Plan
    Useless example for Finns, they never received Marshall help because the government was afraid the USSR would see it as provocation.

  15. #38295
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Useless example for Finns, they never received Marshall help because the government was afraid the USSR would see it as provocation.
    Neither did Sweden directly.

    But it is an example of the US spending staggering money on Europe.
    - Lars

  16. #38296
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Useless example for Finns, they never received Marshall help because the government was afraid the USSR would see it as provocation.
    But an excellent example to display how the orks have always wanted to isolate their imagined vassals from the rest of the civilized world. Everything is a provocation. Should not have accepted any help from anyone else but them!

  17. #38297
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    24,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Why?

    It's not really outside the realm of possibility.

    I think some people living in some weird state of euphoria, who knows what will happen tomorrow in Europe. The other side spares no effort to drive a wedge in European unity one way or another, just a few "rogue" states is enough to paralyze a lot of EU decision making. And I am not sure Europe wants to pin your hopes and wishes on whoever happens to sit in the chair over the pond, either.

    Europe needs to prepare to stand for itself, because next decade there will be a few more conflicts that will spread US very thin. This nonsense about how European backdoor can start crumbling if US does not send $$ in time should be a wakeup call for the Europe.
    Considering far-right parties in Germany and Austria are blowing up right now because of their ties to Russia I doubt that Russia can just keep going.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  18. #38298
    Herald of the Titans Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    But an excellent example to display how the orks have always wanted to isolate their imagined vassals from the rest of the civilized world. Everything is a provocation. Should not have accepted any help from anyone else but them!
    Hmm..true, still Suomettuminen wasn't funny. Glad we stopped doing that.

  19. #38299
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Because in the end, politicians are pulling the strings. The baltic attack will come closer to 2030, which gives Russia enough time to rebuilt their military after Ukraine and to try install right wing populist pro-russia governments into NATO countries.
    As it is now there are already NATO troops stationed in the Baltics, are you saying NATO countries will just ignore it if they are attacked?

  20. #38300
    Over 9000! zealo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,527
    Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    As it is now there are already NATO troops stationed in the Baltics, are you saying NATO countries will just ignore it if they are attacked?
    This is one of the reasons as to why there’s NATO troops of all sorts of nationalities in the baltics.

    It’s called a tripwire force usually, whose purpose is to also make not acting if they’re attacked a lot more politically difficult domestically.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •