Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I just don't understand why you keep talking like you know what you are talking about or understand what is actually going on.
    Because they're a bored alcoholic child and fearmongering is their kink.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    You're disturbed people are not advocating bombing civilians? fuck off
    Can you read? I said it's disturbing as fuck Ukraine feels emboldened to do anything short of killing civilians now.

That means that they could hypothetically bomb everything around the average joe's house, cutting off their electricity, internet and heating (etc); so long as the person is alive, no complaints because it's a war.

But the consequence of this is when those same Russians - especially the migrants in the West - start protesting and we have another Israel-like demonization campaign against Ukraine going on (we've done no wrong and don't deserve this!). And as we've seen, it will become a significant problem with misinformation.

That is the real consequence coming forward with the boundaries being loosened.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2024-05-30 at 08:15 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Ukraine had any desire to start indiscriminately bombing civilians, it would've done so in the Russian Occupied areas by now, or civilian centers in Russia.

In all honesty they've been remarkably good about minimizing civilian collateral with their own attacks, and maybe some of that comes from the size of their usual munitions, and maybe some comes from not wanting to upset the powers that be supplying them with arms and armor.

So framing them being allowed to continue hitting Russian military infrastructure, but with bigger bombs, will suddenly drive them mad with Civilian Bombing blood lust is hilariously dishonest scaremongering. Just because Russia and Israel don't seem to give a shit about collateral, doesn't mean everyone with big enough guns does.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Can you read? I said it's disturbing as fuck Ukraine feels emboldened to do anything short of killing civilians now.

That means that they could hypothetically bomb everything around the average joe's house, cutting off their electricity, internet and heating (etc); so long as the person is alive, no complaints because it's a war.

But the consequence of this is when those same Russians - especially the migrants in the West - start protesting and we have another Israel-like demonization campaign against Ukraine going on (we've done no wrong and don't deserve this!). And as we've seen, it will become a significant problem with misinformation.

You really have absolutely no fucking grasp of international politics, do you?

Like, do you really, truly, geninuinely feel that Israel and Ukraine are all comparable? Because they absolutely are not, and frankly I have neither the time nor the inclination to educate you on yet another subject on which you've mistaken vague awareness for deep understanding and, as usual, applied an absolute minimum of critical thinking and arrived at entirely the wrong conclusion.

Why the actual fuck would Ukraine target heating, what would the point be? bully the Russian people into surrendering? It didn't work on Ukraine, its not going to work on a dictatorial Russia.

Ukraine wants to target military airfields, military factories, munition depots, Refineries (that make the fuel to drive military vehicles) and other MILITARY strategic targets.
    No point hitting civilian infrastructure when your being invaded by a fascist dictatorial power.

Christ your stupid.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I can read just fine, you're not happy until the bodies are piled high enough so you can watch more gore videos on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    To poorly paraphrase a video essay I've been watching about the lead-up to the Ukraine War: A fucking buffer zone? Putin, you have motherfucking Nuclear Deterrents, this isn't the 19th century anymore. What, do you also need to enlist more crossbowmen to be stationed at your star-shaped forts???
    Yeah, no one buys it indeed.

The US is slowly getting there. They are now saying Ukraine can hit targets in russia, but only military ones near the border with Kharkiv. That doesn't include airfields.

Meanwhile sea drones and ATACMs have hit targets near Kerch, including two patrol boats and some train ferries.

From what has been circulating, it seems the gloves are coming off for Ukraine to strike inside Russia itself.
    Eyebrows have been raised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The US is slowly getting there. They are now saying Ukraine can hit targets in russia, but only military ones near the border with Kharkiv. That doesn't include airfields.

Meanwhile sea drones and ATACMs have hit targets near Kerch, including two patrol boats and some train ferries.
    They’re getting bombed to hell but they can’t strike back at airfields?

I know some EU and UK supplied stuff doesn’t have such caveats but that’s a tiny amount of their arsenal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They’re getting bombed to hell but they can’t strike back at airfields?

I know some EU and UK supplied stuff doesn’t have such caveats but that’s a tiny amount of their arsenal.
    I mean if I were "another country" supplying arms to Ukraine I'd kinda just say "well you know we'd like you to only strike this target, but... we can't stop you..."

I mean what's Russia gonna do about it? Cry about how unfair it is that in a war they started they're now suffering direct consequences on their own soil for it?

...which, yes, they would totally do that. But would anyone care?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I mean what's Russia gonna do about it?
    You know. But some restrictions came in today as an update for hitting targets in Russia.

The US decision to allow Ukraine to strike military targets in Russia with US weapons does not apply to long-range ATACMS missiles.

Source: Michael Carpenter, Senior Director for European Affairs at the US National Security Council, in an exclusive interview with TSN on the national joint 24/7 newscast on the evening of 31 May, European Pravda reports

The White House spokesperson confirmed that the US authorization is already in place and is intended to enable Ukrainians to counter Russian fire with US weapons.

"This does not apply to ATACMS or long-range strikes, but it is designed to enable Ukraine to defend itself," he said.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

You know.
    No. We don't. Why don't you enlighten us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder that Russia stole children from Ukraine
    (30day access link)
    https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/02/w...smid=url-share
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cope cages anyone?

You can't make this shit up...

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Cope cages anyone?

You can't make this shit up...
    That's a fucking chicken coop. The unfunny part...it might actually help against FPV drones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No point hitting civilian infrastructure when your being invaded by a fascist dictatorial power.
    There's a very fine line between civilian and military infrastructure.

Power plants, rail lines, bridges, highways, commercial and industrial warehouses, chemical, electronic, textile, and mechanical factories are military infrastructure

They are the logistical backbone necessary for military mobilization, armaments manufacturing etc.

You can't run a tank or missile factory without power, chemicals, parts etc.

I'm firmly in the camp of Ukraine broadly expanding what they are targeting, power plants and power infrastructure is one of those things.

I've been saying the same since 2022.

While people aren't advocating for Ukraine to start directly bombing civilians, it's a little disturbing that we're open to the idea now of everything but that considering Russia's unpredictability.

Pressure is growing on US President Joe Biden to allow Ukraine to use West-supplied weapons to strike Russian territory.

A number of US allies this week signaled they were open to this possibility, after months of concern about escalation.

Russia's Vladimir Putin has warned of "serious consequences", especially for what he called "small countries" in Europe.

On Wednesday, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Washington’s stance on the matter would "adapt and adjust" based on changing battlefield conditions. He is currently in the Czech capital, Prague, for a meeting of Nato foreign ministers.

White House national security spokesman John Kirby said late on Wednesday that even though US support for Kyiv had evolved, "right now, there's also no change to our policy".

Ukraine has been struggling to counter a Russian offensive in the east of the country, while the city of Kharkiv has suffered weeks of deadly attacks, often launched by Russia from military outposts near the Ukrainian border.

Mr Blinken’s statement, during a trip to Europe, followed more direct comments made earlier this week by France’s President Emmanuel Macron, who said Ukraine should be “allowed” to use weapons supplied by the West against military sites on Russian territory - although strictly not on civilian targets.
    It is considered common courtesy to provide links when you copy and paste articles.

https://www.nation.com.pk/31-May-202...-strike-russia

- - - Updated - - -

You know. But some restrictions came in today as an update for hitting targets in Russia.

The US decision to allow Ukraine to strike military targets in Russia with US weapons does not apply to long-range ATACMS missiles.

Source: Michael Carpenter, Senior Director for European Affairs at the US National Security Council, in an exclusive interview with TSN on the national joint 24/7 newscast on the evening of 31 May, European Pravda reports

The White House spokesperson confirmed that the US authorization is already in place and is intended to enable Ukrainians to counter Russian fire with US weapons.

"This does not apply to ATACMS or long-range strikes, but it is designed to enable Ukraine to defend itself," he said.
    Again, just add a link, so people can read more if they want.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2024/05/31/7458627/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by En Sabah Nur View Post
    It is considered common courtesy to provide links when you copy and paste articles.

https://www.nation.com.pk/31-May-202...-strike-russia

- - - Updated - - -

Again, just add a link, so people can read more if they want.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2024/05/31/7458627/
    Yuppie is not always a good faith poster.