Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Wonder if Armenia will look to China for a defensive pact or NATO.

Turkey is a close friend and "ally" of Azerbaijan and opposes Armenia. They'll never let Armenia join NATO. Turkey's geopolitical goal is to rip Armenia further to create land bridge with Azerbaijan.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Turkey is a close friend and "ally" of Azerbaijan and opposes Armenia. They'll never let Armenia join NATO. Turkey's geopolitical goal is to rip Armenia further to create land bridge with Azerbaijan.
    Wrong,their goal is the extermination of all Armenians and the complete seizure of their lands,basically what they are doing to the Kurds in Syria right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Wrong,their goal is the extermination of all Armenians and the complete seizure of their lands,basically what they are doing to the Kurds in Syria right now.
    You could say that is what they'd prefer to do, but as it stands they cannot so their primary geopolitical goal is to create a land bridge to Azerbaijan and aid them in that, both openly and covertly.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Russia doesn’t have the capacity to fight the war they’re in now, let alone starting shit in Armenia.
    And we all know Russia never harbours a grudge right.

They can do little now, they will do shit in the future.

And yes I forgot Turkey still denies the Armenian genocide.
    China it is then.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    That impact's gonna leave a mark

That's a collapse alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post

we hadn't yet? what?

Wow!

Feelsgoodman

10+ Year Old Account
    And we all know Russia never harbours a grudge right.

They can do little now, they will do shit in the future.

And yes I forgot Turkey still denies the Armenian genocide.
    China it is then.
    They might harbor a grudge but the list of countries that Russia could theoretically hold a grudge against isn’t too far off from one that’s just a list of every country on earth.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    we hadn't yet? what?
    No, both the US and the EU have been, up to now, playing relatively nice with Russia, freezing assets but not outright sanctioning them.

But with this, and the EU transferring frozen Russian assets to Ukraine, looks like they're tired of Russia's shit now.

I'm not really seeing anything about this Russian stock nosedive in the news anywhere, so grain of salt until then.

I am, however, seeing lots of Russian propaganda about how their stock exchange suspended all US dollar and Euro trading "crippling" the US dollar...and that's just not happening. So the copium stocks are still up, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I'm not really seeing anything about this Russian stock nosedive in the news anywhere, so grain of salt until then.

I am, however, seeing lots of Russian propaganda about how their stock exchange suspended all US dollar and Euro trading "crippling" the US dollar...and that's just not happening. So the copium stocks are still up, at least.
    I mean... always be suspicious of a graph that doesn't include the axis labels.

More importantly, you can see that the precipitous fall there is actually... -4.7% (down 11.8 to 239.39), as noted in the top left corner.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    No, both the US and the EU have been, up to now, playing relatively nice with Russia, freezing assets but not outright sanctioning them.

But with this, and the EU transferring frozen Russian assets to Ukraine, looks like they're tired of Russia's shit now.
    Not? Do you mean russia the state?

My first thought was that you meant the bridge. Sadly it wasn't to be.

Speaking of, though, there are reports that Russia has sent its only built s-500 unit to protect the bridge. And those things are expensive - $2.5 billion for the unit in 2023. It is still really a prototype so I guess they must be really worried to send it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    My first thought was that you meant the bridge. Sadly it wasn't to be.

Speaking of, though, there are reports that Russia has sent its only built s-500 unit to protect the bridge. And those things are expensive - $2.5 billion for the unit in 2023. It is still really a prototype so I guess they must be really worried to send it.
    Give it time, Ukraine is shaping the battlefield and that S-500 won't change that. In fact I'm sure that when it goes down the S-500 goes with it.

Sign up bonuses in some regions of Russia are now hitting 1 million rubles or even higher. Guess some regions are finding it harder to meet their quotas.

10+ Year Old Account
    No point being in a defensive alliance that can't/won't defend you.

The CSTO died the moment Russia had its hands to full to do anything.
    Wonder if Armenia will look to China for a defensive pact or NATO.

Trying to leave the Russian sphere of influence has proven to be a dangerous prospect to do alone.
    Iran is probably a bigger reason for why Azerbaijan has yet to move on Armenia directly than Russia with CSTO were, tbh.

That's not exactly an ideal security arrangement for Armenia, but beggars cant be choosers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Sign up bonuses in some regions of Russia are now hitting 1 million rubles or even higher. Guess some regions are finding it harder to meet their quotas.
    Does offering more of an increasingly worthless currency really have that much of an appeal?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Does offering more of an increasingly worthless currency really have that much of an appeal?
    If you never travel outside of russia then the value doesn't matter. Simply put as long as the internal value doesn't get ridiculous it's all fine. It's only a problem for those who travel or who do external trading.

I think the chance of death and a complete inability to spend that money (and no, they won't send it to your widow when you die on your first week of duty) is a bigger issue then its value relative to the dollar.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you never travel outside of russia then the value doesn't matter. Simply put as long as the internal value doesn't get ridiculous it's all fine. It's only a problem for those who travel or who do external trading.
    Payment produced upon your successful return from your tour(s)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.