The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    …ukraine would still be the middle man though?
    I worded that badly.

For a good while, South Korea's been laundering arms through other countries it happens to sell its stuff to, who have then been giving that stuff - or the stuff they replaced with the SK tech - to Ukraine to use against Russia.

My quip was just remarking about SK skipping the middle step and just parking equipment intro Ukraine themselves.

10+ Year Old Account

Ok this makes sense now. Russans are using the old tanks with no ammo and extra *turtle* armor as a troop transport. I guess Bmps are to crap or they run out of them.

But getting out of tanks when assaunting seems kinda sucuidal. Even more if gun doesnt work.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Ok this makes sense now. Russans are using the old tanks with no ammo and extra *turtle* armor as a troop transport. I guess Bmps are to crap or they run out of them.

But getting out of tanks when assaunting seems kinda sucuidal. Even more if gun doesnt work.
    Russia has for the longest time used tanks as transports, they're not terribly great ways to do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I think the issue is that Ukraine hasnt spent decades trying to build an image of strength and bravado like Russia and Putin has. That makes his visits to NK funny, this is supposed to be the second strongest military mind you
    It's not been the second strongest military for a while besides in pure nuke count (and that's only worth so much), it's been sliding down the rankings for more than two years now, and simply doesn't have the technological and industrial base to compete against the likes of China and the USA anymore. Heck even several European countries are likely contenders now, not that any of them actually want to find out if that's true if they can help it.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

If a Bradley gets anywhere NEAR that thing, that entire superstructure would turn into metal ribbons flying at the speed of sound in 1.5 seconds and there's absolutely nothing on that thing that could shoot back. Another tank would put this into low Earth orbit.

This is a very clumsy way of trying to deal with 1 extremely specific issue.

All those videos that keep popping up of Russian soldiers being blow up by FPV drones in open fields.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putin warns Russia will arm North Korea if SK sends weapons to Ukraine.

Big talk from someone who *checks notes* went to beg for arms and ammunition from North Korea. If Russia had surpluses to give away wouldn't they, you know, have used them instead of buying from another country.

The saber will continue to rattle until morale improves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Big talk from someone who *checks notes* went to beg for arms and ammunition from North Korea. If Russia had surpluses to give away wouldn't they, you know, have used them instead of buying from another country.

Surprised Pikachu face that giving tech to NK that can help them with their weapons program may piss off SK.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2024-06-23 at 02:32 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

while south korea has the direct backing of the US to make these threats a relative non-issue, I don't like how people hype SK on its own merits as a military powerhouse that could take on russia or NK. historically, it's metaphorically been the ukraine of asia insofar as power is concerned.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop posting while being wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXXXII View Post
    Stop posting while being wasted.
    So never post again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

"We'll give our old stuff back to NK, that we just bought from NK because we have none, if you send new weapons to the Urkaine" is a weird flex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    So never post again?
    It would definitely help maintain a higher posting quality in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently a missile was shot down over Crimea and killed three to five and injured at least a hundred. Noteably Russia didn't activate an air raid warning until after the missile blew up.

Russia is, naturally, blaming the US for it rather than admitting it's because they illegally annexed Crimea ten years ago and started a war of conquest over two years ago and are trying to use the useful morons who took part in the cleansing of Crimea of non-Russians as human shields next to military targets.

Can't say I feel much sympathy for the 'civilians' hit given they know they are in the middle of an active war zone and are stupid enough to go vacationing there.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2024-06-23 at 07:36 PM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Oh no, the Russians vacationing around an active warzone in an area their nation annexed were reminded of that fact. Anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    "We'll give our old stuff back to NK, that we just bought from NK because we have none, if you send new weapons to the Urkaine" is a weird flex.
    Yeah, the messaging is incoherent at best, brutally confused at worst.

Like, even if Russia wasn't forced to buy from NK and was in a position to given them weapons, what, exactly, would SK be worried about...?

SK's weapon manufacturing outclasses both by so much it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    while south korea has the direct backing of the US to make these threats a relative non-issue, I don't like how people hype SK on its own merits as a military powerhouse that could take on russia or NK. historically, it's metaphorically been the ukraine of asia insofar as power is concerned.
    And who argued that outside of the voices in your head?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kherson oblast seems to have a armed uprising right now and freedom fighters are stuck in some church in Mahhachkala acording to reports. And they also burned the muslim church or whatever is called.
    Unknown if this caused the uprising in 1.st place.
    Last edited by Yunru; 2024-06-23 at 10:19 PM.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Kherson oblast seems to have a armed uprising right now and freedom fighters are stuck in some church in Makhachkala acording to reports. And they also burned the muslim church or whatever is called.
    Unknown if this caused the uprising in 1.st place.
    You mean in Dagestan?

The attack in dagestan was against churches and synagogues so it's likely Isis related.

With the war sucking so many men and resources to the front, russia is experiencing a major shortage of police and their internal security is going to continue to suffer.

- - - Updated - - -

This is how you say you know nothing of South Korea. It is a major military power even without the US involved. 10th highest military expenditure in the world, and a number of those ahead of them are noted for major corruption (russia) or buying expensive toys but not knowing how to use them (Saudi Arabia.). 7th largest arms exporter in the world, and that is expected to go higher. A standing military of 500,000 with 3.1 million reserves, equipped and trained at a western standard.

They produced and oparate equipment as good as anywhere else. The K2 Black Panther is the equal of the Abrams and may be even better according to some, and is in mass production unlike russia's vaporware T14. The K9 SPG is the equal of any other out there and a number of nations have bought them, with Romania the most recent just a week ago. Their airforce operates a mix of F15s, F16s and F35s, plus they have their own designs.

NK is pitiful in comparison. While they may have more active bodies, they have nowhere near the reserves of SK. Their airforce is mostly MiG-17/19/21/23s or derivatives. Their air-defences are mostly S-200s or older models. Their tanks are mostly T62 or T55 variants.

They are even worse equipped than the Iraqis were while the South Koreans are better equipped than the American's were for the First Gulf War.

South Korea taking on North Korea would literally be like throwing a trained MMA fighter into the ring against a contestant from a random episode of Bum Fights. South Korea would shit all over them. Wouldn't even be a contest.

SK is miles upon miles ahead in terms of military power, hardware superiority and practically everything else. Pretty much their ONLY disadvantage is that they are incredibly unlikely to be the first to strike, meaning that NK maybe gets lucky with some collateral damage from the initial first strike, and then gets obliterated by the SK counterstrike.

I mean, I would be willing to bet that SK likely knows where 90% of NKs artillery batteries are at any given time, so if they did decide to strike first, NK would lose almost all of it's ability to retaliate before it even knew it was under attack.

I don't think its as simple as all that. Yes SK has a very impressive military, but I think I read years back that NK has thousands of conventional artillery systems pointed at SK's urban centers and millions could die at the begining of a conflict.
    Anyways, to the dude that was gloating Ukraine didn't get enough support from the peace summit a couple weeks back - turns out Zelensky wasn't finished.

Zelensky: 6 more participants joined peace summit communique this week

the muslim church or whatever is called
    You mean a mosque?
    Last edited by alach; 2024-06-24 at 05:04 AM.