1. #9161
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    That isn't rate at which Russians can buy or sell dollars.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Perhaps Germans are aware that EU regulations have placed certain requirements on banks and financial institutions so they have more fat to protect themselves in cold seasons that did not exist in 2008 (and in fact exist because of events around that time)
    Russia has them too. And they do work.

    All banks that weren't robust enough have been long purged from existence. "Bank Run" is pure Western copium.

  2. #9162
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    how different would the world be now if, after the surrender of Imperial Japan, America forcibly absorbed China and Russia after all three parties were exhausted?
    I mean... I'm sure if they had the avengers, they'd have done it, or Dr. Manhattan. or any other absurdly powerful fictional character. because that's what you're dabbling in here: FICTION.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-03-10 at 08:11 PM.

  3. #9163
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    That isn't rate at which Russians can buy or sell dollars.
    It's literally the exchange rate, habibi. Rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  4. #9164
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    People run on banks when they think they're going to collapse and lose their money, that's way worse than inflation.
    I keep recalling images of Germany at the end of WW2 where people push home wagons full of worthless paper currency after every work day. Russia must be thankful things have gone digital.


  5. #9165
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    That isn't rate at which Russians can buy or sell dollars.
    Oh so Russians and Russians only, get some special unlisted magical exchange rate?

  6. #9166
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It's literally the exchange rate, habibi. Rofl.
    Do you even understand concept of different exchanges having different rates?

    The only Russian currency exchange is MOEX. And there lowest value is 126 roubles per dollar around today's open.

  7. #9167
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    "Bank Run" is pure Western copium.
    "The West" didn't make up the long lines at banks and ATMs, comrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  8. #9168
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I mean... I'm sure if they had the avengers, they'd have done it, or Dr. Manhattan. or any other absurdly powerful fictional character. because that's what you're dabbling in here: FICTION.
    how do you think history could have gone differently in a more positive way, then? As in, not leading to the current events
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  9. #9169
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Do you even understand concept of different exchanges having different rates?

    The only Russian currency exchange is MOEX. And there lowest value is 126 roubles per dollar around today's open.
    We're talking about actual comparison of currency values, not the crap the Kremlin makes up to pretend there isn't a problem. Keep up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  10. #9170
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    5,086
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I keep recalling images of Germany at the end of WW2 where people push home wagons full of worthless paper currency after every work day. Russia must be thankful things have gone digital.

    The weimar republic was before wwii. your picture even has it in the name, 1922

    To be (more) exact
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weimar_Republic
    1919 to 1933
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2022-03-10 at 08:17 PM.

  11. #9171
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Oh so Russians and Russians only, get some special unlisted magical exchange rate?
    Well technically speaking, they do.

    !Trade Offer!
    i receive: increasingly scarce foreign currency
    you receive: a currency so worthless that Robux have outstripped it
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  12. #9172
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    We're talking about actual comparison of currency values, not the crap the Kremlin makes up to pretend there isn't a problem. Keep up.
    Except that's the one Russians are dealing with, not your toy markets.

  13. #9173
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It's literally the exchange rate, habibi. Rofl.
    No, she's right. There is no rate at which Russians can buy or sell dollars, because the ruble isn't worth a fart in a spacesuit. No one would do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  14. #9174
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    It's at 0.0084 right now; it never was at 0.0075 so far (lowest was 0.0079).
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

  15. #9175
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Except that's the one Russians are dealing with
    Well duh, because y'all are being frozen out of the international market because you... *checks notes*... launched a war of conquest.

    Which is the point. Letting the exchange rate reflect the actual value would just further tank public confidence in the Robux Ruble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  16. #9176
    The Unstoppable Force Jessicka's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    21,501
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I was born quite some time before 1990, not that it's relevant. I don't believe Putin would resort to using nukes, because MAD.
    Strategic nukes and MAD no, but tactical nuke and no more Kyiv, very high chance. That is very much in the Russian playbook.

    It’s not a matter of binary choice, it’s a matter of bumping the odds from something like 0.5% to even 15% isn’t worth it.

    Furthermore, the NFZ and perception of disunity with NATO over it provides a clear distance between the two parties, which is actually beneficial diplomatically.

    Lastly, NFZ means no one flies, and Ukraine have actually had some successes with their own Air Force and with drone strikes and the longer it goes on, and the more of the latter we can get to them the more useful that is - especially since the Russian Air Force are dialling back their own operations.

  17. #9177
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    "The West" didn't make up the long lines at banks and ATMs, comrade.
    *Image of a guy looking at butterfly*
    Text: Is that a Bank Run?

    Any queue is a bank run, sure, habibi, whatever you say.

  18. #9178
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Except that's the one Russians are dealing with, not your toy markets.
    Toy markets, as opposed to your real market, you have to keep closed, because it breaks when you let people use it.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

  19. #9179
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    how do you think history could have gone differently in a more positive way, then? As in, not leading to the current events
    why the hell should I bother with the most absurd, power fantasy hypotheticals when we have real-world problems to deal with?


    see, this is why no one in this thread wants you here, you're not taking this very dire situation seriously. you're trapped in your mind palace, and expect the rest of us to live in there with you. fuck. off.

  20. #9180
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Toy markets, as opposed to your real market, you have to keep closed, because it breaks when you let people use it.
    Tell me when London opens their Nickel trade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •