1. #11181
    to the guy that claimed most Russians love Putin and that he has security devoted to his worship, that's pretty sad. You don't get anything out of it so it makes you wonder why they are loyal.

    The guy, if trying to be Hitler 2.0, doesn't even guarantee power or wealth to his minions anymore.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  2. #11182
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    There is no war, excluding ongoing U/R conflict that TB2s were involved and they did not turn the tide. The drones advertise themselves.
    The TB-2 was used against the SAA positions in Spring 2020 to halt their advance towards Idlib.

  3. #11183
    why do they denounce him as a war criminal *now?* He's already killed millions in his other conquests prior to Ukraine.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  4. #11184
    Funny to see all the claims about maneuverable hypersonics used being fake or that they are bad, because reasons. Skroe is the local god, I guess. USA is forcing them at the moment for a reason (three failed tests so far, Russia IS ahead, remember, all about that asymmetric response, but there is little reason to doubt that they will catch up, too much money and R&D potential).

    I hope Ukraine has finally learned that well known barracks for soldiers are not the best place for soldiers to sleep right now... Ukraine is looking at something like ~2k losses (dead, wounded, sick) this week, mostly due to missile strikes.
    Mariupol is oficially written off by Ukraine as not reinforcable (as per Mr. Arestovich), fights are ongoing in the city center. The longer they draw this out - the longer they tie Russia's forces there from reinforcing the attempts at encircling ATO group at Donetsk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Given the reports I have seen about Russian soldiers stealing/destroying Ukrainian civilians phones or taking their SIM cards...

    As for why Russia hasn't taken out the internet or communications in Ukraine? It's because it's a hopelessly corrupt military and if they destroy the infrastructure in Ukraine they knee cap their own communication systems.
    Russian soldiers are under silence orders, without phones (and as I have explained like 10 times Russian MoD failed at media war, partially due to this). Of course that means some will try to "work around" the ban.
    And do you seriously think Russia would be using enemy's GSM network to communicate? They are not that incapable.

    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    All this kind of reminds me of a clip that showed a US soldiers driving through Iraq while ignoring all normal traffic laws and not yielding to pedestrians
    Yes, my point is exactly the increased risk to civilians, who already are under constant danger. I remember the USA's thunder run and the infamous video of just lighting up some car speeding along them - and it is surprising that Russia is not doing it more, especially after the video of the crazy guys and a girl doing Molotov coctail drive-bys. Though those three are very likely to be very dead now...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Sadly, not quite all. Only the two most recent reactors will be kept running, the other 5 will close down in 2025. Instead, 2 new gas fueled power plants will be build (I wish I was making this up -_-)
    I am assuming that more countries will follow the suit regarding the reactors so the overall impact on Europe should be lessened. Fingers crossed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    If only there were a way to prevent the press' desire to have a soldier on board... you know like if the fucking enemy who could see a soldier getting out of a press car would not fucking be there to see it.
    Absolutely useless What-If. War IS here, war IS happening and that war is NOT going to stop because you don't want it. Anything has to be viewed through that prism and acted accordingly on, that moral high ground does not help anyone right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Edit: trying to find an image host right now. Some have been blocked. Ok, I can not post pictures for some reason over here.
    https://imgbox.com/ms5iMYaK.
    Listen, I/we know that you are at the very least against Ukrainian goverment, if not a totally pro-Russian one. But I also know that bunch of impacts in Kiev are just AA missiles going the wrong way (mistakes/equipment failures happen, this is not Hollywood), I even posted another case yesterday plus the things like delivering weapons in pickup trucks.
    You don't have to prove your identity, this is internet. I would even recommend the Супер guy from Donbas to be more careful, considering his views and location.

    This is war, only ones shocked are the sheltered people who do not understand that no matter how hard one tries rules and laws will at least partially break down and bad things will happen. Once more, such is war.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The TB-2 was used against the SAA positions in Spring 2020 to halt their advance towards Idlib.
    I doubt they were the primary reason for that. Just like the drone fapping in 2nd Karabakh war, when the majority of damage was actually done by artillery and Su-25 strikes with precision ammunition - but those don't make good videos.
    Drones shine much more when airspace is uncontested, they shine as target spotters. Lybia has like 20 lost Bayraktars, that was/is a small scale conflict by any measure.
    Last edited by Easo; 2022-03-19 at 03:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  5. #11185
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I doubt they were the primary reason for that. Just like the drone fapping in 2nd Karabakh war, when the majority of damage was actually done by artillery and Su-25 strikes with precision ammunition - but those don't make good videos.
    Drones shine much more when airspace is uncontested, they shine as target spotters. Lybia has like 20 lost Bayraktars, that was/is a small scale conflict by any measure.
    Turkey had the Syrian airspace completely uncontested, save for the SAA's attempt to down their aircraft. Russia didn't do anything to stop the destruction of Syria troops and equipment. All they did was do to the rebels what Turkey did to the SAA, but the SAA had a much bigger concentration of troops in specific areas.

  6. #11186
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The TB-2 was used against the SAA positions in Spring 2020 to halt their advance towards Idlib.
    Indeed. However, when I said "war", I meant wars that TAF was not directly involved. Some other examples where TB-2s turned the tide: NK and Libya. In both cases, TAF took an advisory role and only operated the drones (may not be the case for NK). In both cases, the conflict ended decisively. Apparently, it's also working quite effectively some country in Africa (Somali?).

    Russia is obviously a different beast but TB-2s still proved quite useful, given Russia, for the most part, controls the air in Ukraine and TB-2s still operate.

  7. #11187
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Indeed. However, when I said "war", I meant wars that TAF was not directly involved. Some other examples where TB-2s turned the tide: NK and Libya. In both cases, TAF took an advisory role and only operated the drones (may not be the case for NK). In both cases, the conflict ended decisively. Apparently, it's also working quite effectively some country in Africa (Somali?).

    Russia is obviously a different beast but TB-2s still proved quite useful, given Russia, for the most part, controls the air in Ukraine and TB-2s still operate.
    Of course they are useful, even quads from AliExpress are useful to Ukraine right now (and to the opposite side as well, you cannot drag an EW unit everywhere), but the videos are few for what should be an obvious reasons.
    Seems that they indeed were reinforced after the war started, as rumours suggested, because Ukraine had only 16 drones at the start and we know that some definitely went down (it's just a slow small plane with no defense capability), yet the strikes have continued.

    Plus Ukraine is huge, that gives space to operate from.
    Last edited by Easo; 2022-03-19 at 04:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  8. #11188
    There has been only one confirmed tb2 loss, and it is uncertain how it went down.

    The number of buks and other antiair units that the tb2s have taken out is impressive given they are meant to defend against it.

  9. #11189
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    There has been only one confirmed tb2 loss, and it is uncertain how it went down.

    The number of buks and other antiair units that the tb2s have taken out is impressive given they are meant to defend against it.
    How many? How many is impressive? Similar phrases were used when drones blew up Pantsirs in Lybia - it did not matter to them if the Pantsir was not in the use at the moment or driving somewhere. After Karabkah it is really hard to sell few drone videos as impressive, because that small scale war had what, hundreds of them?
    There is fog of war everywhere. I even saw something like mass AA missile launch by Russian forces - we can only guess what was flying there to require something like that.

    But yes, confirmed - only one. Have to be more, it's basic logic, but also Lost Armor/Oryx - no proof, no kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  10. #11190
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post

    This is war, only ones shocked are the sheltered people who do not understand that no matter how hard one tries rules and laws will at least partially break down and bad things will happen. Once more, such is war.
    Eh, I am not convinced that it is such an inevitability. It tends to happen, yes, but that, to me, seems more because parties to the war (usually the stronger side since they have more choices) tend to value minimizing their own losses/maximizing their own gains over upholding laws and rules. Heck, terror of one form or another might be precisely what they think they need to achieve that.

    In this case, I do not for a moment believe that either side tried their hardest to uphold said rules and laws. But those were decisions made, not some sort of inevitability, something that just happens. Because that would just justify everything. Heck, that is precisely what is being used to justify it happening right now, even though everything is happening by choice.

  11. #11191
    there's a lot of talks for a Nuremberg trial for Putin to judge him for war crimes:

    How would they even uphold this? If Putin traveled abroad and was kidnapped or arrested by foreign officials, he would just threaten the MAD card. They can't arrest him.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  12. #11192
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Funny to see all the claims about maneuverable hypersonics used being fake or that they are bad, because reasons. Skroe is the local god, I guess. USA is forcing them at the moment for a reason (three failed tests so far, Russia IS ahead, remember, all about that asymmetric response, but there is little reason to doubt that they will catch up, too much money and R&D potential).
    Omg, stop it with the bullshit.

    Not sure what Putinistas' obsession with hypersonic missiles is. You realise they're just going faster, right? They're not bigger, not more explosive, not smarter, not more or less maneuverable... they're just faster.

    Against an opponent that can't even intercept subsonic missiles. Is this Russian propaganda at its stupidest? Nobody gives a shit if they destroy the hospital or destroy it even faster. The damage is the same. And no amount of jerking-off to some fantastic notion of whatever is going to change anything.

    This is Russia bullshitting its way through media to influence the simple minded. The same with with the "stealth" SU-35 or whatever they called that abomination that, I can assure you, is about as stealthy as my rust bucket on the road. Or their Armata tank... when did that break down on the red square? 15 years ago? Holy shit, it's been a day and a half, I can tell you. Why isn't that tank in Ukraine? Why do they actually still have T-60s on the road? Man, Russia must be in a worse spot than you thought. Yes, you. Cos I never for a second believed in their capabilities. And now you're gobbling up the next propaganda bullshit piece... it would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. Well, you go ahead, be the cheersquad for Putin. It's not like you have an original thought on your own.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    there's a lot of talks for a Nuremberg trial for Putin to judge him for war crimes:

    How would they even uphold this? If Putin traveled abroad and was kidnapped or arrested by foreign officials, he would just threaten the MAD card. They can't arrest him.
    Well, to have "Nuremberg Trials", the first step really is to own the country and hunt the guy down you want to put up for trial. That ain't gonna happen. Despite what bullshit people like Easo and Shalcker seem to be consuming as "news intake", nobody in the West, nor in Ukraine... nor anywhere really, has any notion, interest or motivation to even set just one foot inside Russia. There is NOTHING of value in that country. Well, except the gas. But we get that delivered to our doorstep whenever we want at any rate, so why would we slog our way to Moscow?

    Nah, no trials are gonna happen. This ends in one of three ways: 1. Ukraine dies. 2. Putin swallows his pride and retreats. 3. Putin swallows a bullet and Russia retreats.

    2. Ain't happening. 1. Seems more and more unlikely with each passing day. And 3, which becomes more likely with every passing day, will involve a Russian bullet, not a NATO one. And that'll make any idea of Nuremberg trials obsolete.
    Last edited by Slant; 2022-03-19 at 06:27 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  13. #11193
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Omg, stop it with the bullshit.

    Not sure what Putinistas' obsession with hypersonic missiles is. You realise they're just going faster, right? They're not bigger, not more explosive, not smarter, not more or less maneuverable... they're just faster.

    Against an opponent that can't even intercept subsonic missiles. Is this Russian propaganda at its stupidest? Nobody gives a shit if they destroy the hospital or destroy it even faster. The damage is the same. And no amount of jerking-off to some fantastic notion of whatever is going to change anything.

    This is Russia bullshitting its way through media to influence the simple minded. The same with with the "stealth" SU-35 or whatever they called that abomination that, I can assure you, is about as stealthy as my rust bucket on the road. Or their Armata tank... when did that break down on the red square? 15 years ago? Holy shit, it's been a day and a half, I can tell you. Why isn't that tank in Ukraine? Why do they actually still have T-60s on the road? Man, Russia must be in a worse spot than you thought. Yes, you. Cos I never for a second believed in their capabilities. And now you're gobbling up the next propaganda bullshit piece... it would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. Well, you go ahead, be the cheersquad for Putin. It's not like you have an original thought on your own.
    Nope, you are wrong. It seems that they are sure faster, but also they do not use the same flight path than conventional missile (you know like a bell curve, they flight more directly toward their target and change more easily direction) thus they are harder to intercept. And USA are going full steam on those type of missile as it seems they will be the top of the list in military equipment by 2030 (France is developing them as well as Russia and China are ahead on those project).

  14. #11194
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Omg, stop it with the bullshit.

    Not sure what Putinistas' obsession with hypersonic missiles is. You realise they're just going faster, right? They're not bigger, not more explosive, not smarter, not more or less maneuverable... they're just faster.

    Against an opponent that can't even intercept subsonic missiles. Is this Russian propaganda at its stupidest? Nobody gives a shit if they destroy the hospital or destroy it even faster. The damage is the same. And no amount of jerking-off to some fantastic notion of whatever is going to change anything.

    This is Russia bullshitting its way through media to influence the simple minded. The same with with the "stealth" SU-35 or whatever they called that abomination that, I can assure you, is about as stealthy as my rust bucket on the road. Or their Armata tank... when did that break down on the red square? 15 years ago? Holy shit, it's been a day and a half, I can tell you. Why isn't that tank in Ukraine? Why do they actually still have T-60s on the road? Man, Russia must be in a worse spot than you thought. Yes, you. Cos I never for a second believed in their capabilities. And now you're gobbling up the next propaganda bullshit piece... it would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. Well, you go ahead, be the cheersquad for Putin. It's not like you have an original thought on your own.
    I would imagine the use of these missiles is to try and drum up some positive propaganda for the Russia war machine which has nothing but L's in its column so far. Like you say I don't think there are any real benefits to using these things against Ukraine but Putin needs to demonstrate something about his modernization projects to the guys at home.

    I don't think anything Easo is saying is wrong though. These things are real, they do work, Russia has them and they might be useful if Russia has to go toe to toe with a nation that is considered to be a peer/rival and when that time actually comes then the USA will have probably caught up. These aren't spicy takes on Easo's part.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Nope, you are wrong. It seems that they are sure faster, but also they do not use the same flight path than conventional missile (you know like a bell curve, they flight more directly toward their target and change more easily direction) thus they are harder to intercept. And USA are going full steam on those type of missile as it seems they will be the top of the list in military equipment by 2030 (France is developing them as well as Russia and China are ahead on those project).
    I think you have missed entirely what Slant's point was here. Is anyone in this thread actually reading each other posts because this is a shit show of people just talking past each other.

  15. #11195
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I would imagine the use of these missiles is to try and drum up some positive propaganda for the Russia war machine which has nothing but L's in its column so far. Like you say I don't think there are any real benefits to using these things against Ukraine but Putin needs to demonstrate something about his modernization projects to the guys at home.

    I don't think anything Easo is saying is wrong though. These things are real, they do work, Russia has them and they might be useful if Russia has to go toe to toe with a nation that is considered to be a peer/rival and when that time actually comes then the USA will have probably caught up. These aren't spicy takes on Easo's part.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I think you have missed entirely what Slant's point was here. Is anyone in this thread actually reading each other posts because this is a shit show of people just talking past each other.
    He claimed that those missiles only go faster which they do not. Period. Obviously, using those against Ukraine is for internal consumption and a bit of a show off for western power.

  16. #11196
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    78,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Nope, you are wrong. It seems that they are sure faster, but also they do not use the same flight path than conventional missile (you know like a bell curve, they flight more directly toward their target and change more easily direction) thus they are harder to intercept. And USA are going full steam on those type of missile as it seems they will be the top of the list in military equipment by 2030 (France is developing them as well as Russia and China are ahead on those project).
    Literally any higher-velocity ballistic will have less curvature than a lower-velocity missile. That's how velocity works with ballistics. Same reason a faster-thrown baseball travels a more-direct path than a high lobbed baseball.

    As for "changing direction more easily", physics literally contradicts that. Higher velocity requires higher delta-V to change its path by the same amount in the same space.


  17. #11197
    The Unstoppable Force Gaidax's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    20,594
    Yes, Ukraine is just a testing ground for those kind of missiles in that case.

    Plausible they wanted more testing done anyway, so why not while doing yet another we got stronk missiles propaganda.

    Ukraine does have snowball's chance in hell intercepting such a missile, but I don't think anyone quite can at the moment. The upside is that there are very few of them because expensive AF and eventually AA will catchup.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2022-03-19 at 06:51 PM.

  18. #11198
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    He claimed that those missiles only go faster which they do not. Period. Obviously, using those against Ukraine is for internal consumption and a bit of a show off for western power.
    Slant is a big boy and they can defend their own posts but I personally don't find "well acshtually!" posts that ignore the context of what people were actually discussing to be all that useful.

  19. #11199
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Literally any higher-velocity ballistic will have less curvature than a lower-velocity missile. That's how velocity works with ballistics. Same reason a faster-thrown baseball travels a more-direct path than a high lobbed baseball.

    As for "changing direction more easily", physics literally contradicts that. Higher velocity requires higher delta-V to change its path by the same amount in the same space.
    And yet, you are wrong. They are subject to "atmospheric rebound" ?(not sure if it is well translated) meaning they have an easier time evading interception because they can more easily change trajectory.

  20. #11200
    The Unstoppable Force Jessicka's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    20,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And yet, you are wrong. They are subject to "atmospheric rebound" ?(not sure if it is well translated) meaning they have an easier time evading interception because they can more easily change trajectory.
    If it’s just about braking so they land sooner, then I guess that’s changing direction?

    Otherwise no, physics simply won’t allow it. That’s why racing cars have to break to turn corners. Changing direction is Cruise Missile strength, allowing it to take safer flight paths to target.

    Lastly, all accounts so far say it was just a modified air launched Iskander. Fuck knows if it actually was hypersonic.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2022-03-19 at 07:08 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •