Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    putin does not care about all that. He only cares for himself.
    So you are saying that Putin would gladly kill his own children and curse them to die in a nuclear fire of his own making just to get what he wants?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    So you are saying that Putin would gladly kill his own children and curse them to die in a nuclear fire of his own making just to get what he wants?
    FUCK YEAH he would. Man, when someone was going to reply to that, I thought it would be concerning the logistics of angering NATO and how it would affect *him* in mind. His family, though? He has no capacity for empathy, as he has proven (like how do you kill millions and still have a soul). If he has kids or wives, they are extensions of his ego and he would not care if they died if he (and his wealth) was fine.

That is the kind of man Putin is. Anything but appealing to his conscience with others in mind.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

FUCK YEAH he would. Man, when someone was going to reply to that, I thought it would be concerning the logistics of angering NATO and how it would affect *him* in mind. His family, though? He has no capacity for empathy, as he has proven (like how do you kill millions and still have a soul). If he has kids or wives, they are extensions of his ego and he would not care if they died if he (and his wealth) was fine.

That is the kind of man Putin is. Anything but appealing to his conscience with others in mind.
    So, it would be best for the man to be killed at that point. Either way, if Putin launches a nuke, even at Ukraine, Russia will be receiving many more in return from multiple other nations.

There is little to no chance that Russia survives if he goes that far and he knows it.

As far as how you kill millions and handle it, easy, you dehumanize them. Where mentally you don't really see them as lives but just numbers on a spread sheet. That's how you do it with a clear mind, harder to do if it becomes people you personally know or have grown attached to. But the concept of dehumanizing your enemy is well known in war with countries making sure to condition their soldiers to do so throughout history which is also why many of them also do such screwed up stuff to them.

Religious people also make sure to do that as well which is why you can see them as the most "At Peace" people you will ever see while at the same time being the most evil to anyone else they consider "The Other" or "The Lesser".

I know Putin can kill people within his ranks, country and around the world with ease, but when it comes to killing the ones he has raised and cares about, that gets harder to predict.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    So, it would be best for the man to be killed at that point.
    between his unhinged paranoid rants of treachery and gossips of a successor lately, I think they already tried again recently and failed. But no one should be celebrating the possibility since I assume Putin is the singular authority on the nuclear button, so if he is cornered and facing death, he can very well invoke "taking you with me."

It's impossible to say if he can be stopped. He said he will never stop at taking Ukraine, so all negotiations are off the table. And he cannot die or be threatened with death with nukes in mind.

If his ego is most important to him, I think he has successfully attained reputation of most important person currently alive on the planet solely due to the threat he poses.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

between his unhinged paranoid rants of treachery and gossips of a successor lately, I think they already tried again recently and failed. But no one should be celebrating the possibility since I assume Putin is the singular authority on the nuclear button, so if he is cornered and facing death, he can very well invoke "taking you with me."

It's impossible to say if he can be stopped. He said he will never stop at taking Ukraine, so all negotiations are off the table. And he cannot die or be threatened with death with nukes in mind.

If his ego is most important to him, I think he has successfully attained reputation of most important person currently alive on the planet solely due to the threat he poses.
    The only one here "unhinged" is you with your raging boner for nuclear war.

Not really the most important, just the most unhinged. The world would be better without him.

And while he is a dictator, he isn’t the sole arbiter of the nuclear button as he still would be required to give that order to another who then launches, it’s not just a red button on his desk.

Don’t think they have tried to assassinate him yet, more likely he has gone Azula from Avatar the Last Airbender and starting to imagine traitors coming out of the walls. Something that is increasingly becoming likely the longer this stretches out.

But if Putin gives the order to launch, the people who gives them to knows that they kill their own family if they follow that command as well.

Putin knows that if he gives that order he might not live long enough to see it carried out.

10+ Year Old Account

Here's an exercise for you:

Go one week making posts... Hell, three days, making only posts that don't suppose that a nuclear war is inevitable and asking people why Putin wouldn't do it.

Go ahead. Do it. Just three days of posts that don't involve you creating some weird-ass scenario in your head and then constantly begging other people to answer questions about the thing you made up. Maybe stick to things that pertain to the real world and that are actually happening, in reality.

I think it would be good for you.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

he has a neo nazi merc group on his payroll: wagner.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The growth in mindless reactionaries globally in western democracies is wild to me.
    I believe they were always there but they were more isolated before the Internet (and specifically, social media).

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The growth in mindless reactionaries globally in western democracies is wild to me.
    It's actually not all that wild.

There's a lot 'wrong' in the west. For all the liberties, freedom of speech, and social security (I know we worked hard for that, I don't mean to downplay any of that) there is a lot off here. The wealth inequity, a steadily growing number of people not able to make ends meet, job insecurity, costs of living exploding and wages not reflecting that, systems discriminating against different groups... The list is pretty long.

Now it is easy to just say 'Yeah, but at least your home isn't bombed or you're not prosecuted, have clean water and so on (again, I really don't mean to downplay that), but all of those issues are threats to hundreds of millions of peoples existences. It's substantially harder for you to care about foreigners when you don't know how to pay your mortgage, feed and clothe your kids... yes, there are structures in place to help you with, but in countries this rich it is outright horrifying that there even is a need for those systems.

Put yourself into the shoes of a father or mother who has to scrape and save every penny to just be able to make sure their kids have enough to eat and warm clothes and a roof over their head, and then you hear your government promise billions to help people somewhere else. It's a tough pill to swallow for many, and they pass that on to their kids, who, in turn, will probably struggle to get out of poverty. Their chances are significantly bigger here than they are in other countries, yes, but it's still a tremendous struggle, and a lot don't make it.

And then you have opportunists that tell them it's not their fault, others are to blame, and it's always easier for humans to accept that something foreign is the root of their problems, not their neighbors at home.

It's pretty easy to simply reduce people to being mindless reactionaries, but there are also a lot of people who are simply fed up with the deeply corrupted systems we have here, and they vent against people who are weaker than they are because they can't do so against those who are stronger.

There are, of course, also lots of idiots. I don't think it's as many as it seems, though. Still a lot. But a decent chunk is just people who fear for their way of life. That's no excuse, but unless we address the social inequities we have here, they aren't going anywhere. They will only get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Not sure I understand you. Continuation War happened, which ended for Finland the same way as the first one.
    Yes, but it was an obvious consequence of the first one - and I doubt that Russia wanted it; and now they seem to be aiming for a similar outcome.

I mean our homegrown western europe/US nazi's loves Putin and loves Russia.
    Russia created the alt right who mostly consist of neo nazi's and fascist.

At this point we don't need further confirmation that Russia has allot of skinheads and other deplorables

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Because the reality is that on Earth there is X amount of grain, Y amount of gas and Z amount of silicone produced yearly (Russia is second producer after China btw).
    Are you sure you didn't mean silicon? As silicone seems to be made primarily under an umbrella of EU, US and Japan organizations.

It's technically true for silicon, but China makes 4,500 tons and Russia 600 tons out of a total of 7,000 tons. To say that Russia is 2nd producer kind of overstates their importance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reuters: Alexei Navalny found "guilty" by a (totes honest, we swear!) Russian court
    A Russian court found jailed Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny guilty of large-scale fraud on Tuesday, a move likely to see the time that President Vladimir Putin's most prominent critic spends in jail extended by years.

Navalny is already serving a two-and-a-half sentence at a prison camp east of Moscow for parole violations related to charges he says were fabricated to thwart his political ambitions.

In the latest criminal case against him, which he has also dismissed as politically-motivated, he could have up to 13 years added to that sentence.

A gaunt Navalny stood besides his lawyers in a room filled with prison security officers as the judge read out the accusations against him. The 45-year-old seemed unfazed, looking down as he flipped through court documents.

Prosecutors had asked the court to send him to a maximum-security penal colony for 13 years on charges of fraud and contempt of court. A ruling is expected later on Tuesday.

Navalny was jailed last year when he returned to Russia after receiving medical treatment in Germany following a poison attack with a Soviet-era nerve agent during a visit to Siberia in 2020. Navalny blamed Putin for the attack.

The Kremlin said it had seen no evidence that Navalny was poisoned and denied any Russian role if he was.

After the last court hearing into his case on March 15, Navalny struck a typically defiant tone, writing via Instagram: "If the prison term is the price of my human right to say things that need to be said ... then they can ask for 113 years. I will not renounce my words or deeds."

Russian authorities have cast Navalny and his supporters as subversives determined to destabilise Russia with backing from the West. Many of Navalny's allies have fled Russia rather than face restrictions or jail at home.

Navalny's opposition movement has been labelled "extremist" and shut down, although his supporters continue to express their political stance, including their opposition to Moscow's military intervention in Ukraine, on social media.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    While it would be nice I do have to ask - did you made that divination from a tea cup?
    He's been given sufficient time to give this up and since he hasn't a task force is being sent in.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    You're saying that's not the case for you, but for many people and for most Ukrainians it's better to turn into an Afghanistan but eventually in the future win despite great costs, than to surrender and become slaves morally.

Their choice is between economically shitty and ethically shitty outcomes, and they're already in the shitter economically - why are you suggesting they should go for the double shit choice?
    So all the innocent people that would die don't matter in this equation? Why do you think total surrender is the only option? Ukraine will have to compromise to make a deal, I don't think Zelensky want that many people to die in the name of pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    that don't suppose that a nuclear war is inevitable and asking people why Putin wouldn't do it. Maybe stick to things that pertain to the real world and that are actually happening, in reality.
    as hard as it is to still believe, our world has become an openly mad one. We are still in disbelief of the events unfolding even now. Thousands upon thousand of lives lost for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    So all the innocent people that would die don't matter in this equation? Why do you think total surrender is the only option? Ukraine will have to compromise to make a deal, I don't think Zelensky want that many people to die in the name of pride.
    Even if Ukraine had surrendered straight away, Russia would still have murdered a fuckton of innocent people because that is how Nazi dictatorships hold on to power over people who want their freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Even if Ukraine had surrendered straight away, Russia would still have murdered a fuckton of innocent people because that is how Nazi dictatorships hold on to power over people who want their freedom.
    I will leave the what ifs to you, the best way to resolve this is diplomacy not fight until the end.