Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    How the fuck did this happen? I mean I pretty much know, but... how?
    How did this happen?

The Kremlin has been pushing the "evil Ukrainian Nazis" bullshit for months. Then sent in a bunch of barely trained, overworked (they been on exercises for weeks to months) conscripts (of an army that is absolutely notorious for treating its men brutally and that has an institutionally ingrained culture of hazing, abuse and harassment) with no gear, no food, no supplies, no support, no plan, no discipline, no professional NCOs to keep order.

Everyone they run across hates their fucking guts, they get their asses kicked by left and right. It's just a matter of time before everything devolves into Lord of Flies and frankly I doubt the Russian's upper command actually has the means to restore order at this point. Assuming they wanted to...because they might be worried that if they'd tried they might just end up with a mutiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Oh boy, can't wait.

Sigh...

How the fuck did this happen? I mean I pretty much know, but... how?
    Is the Russian army just full of impotent monsters taking out their failures on innocent civilians?

I hate to admit it, but the longer this goes on, the more convinced I become that Putler isn't the problem, it's Russia/Russian culture itself that is the problem.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Is the Russian army just full of impotent monsters taking out their failures on innocent civilians?

I hate to admit it, but the longer this goes on, the more convinced I become that Putler isn't the problem, it's Russia/Russian culture itself that is the problem.
    You mean testosterone poisoning? Manly men doing manly things?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

At which point you have to ask who was the leadership that fostered and encouraged that culture while shutting down alternatives to it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    At which point you have to ask who was the leadership that fostered and encouraged that culture while shutting down alternatives to it.
    I've read an analysis of Russian culture in which basically the Russian people see shit like corruption as inevitable and will tolerate it so long as it leads to stability. The same mentality would likely explain why they are a bunch of sheep following Putler as he drives Russia to ruin; he kept Russia relatively stable in the wake of the collapse of the Soviet Union.

It's ironic; Putler likely started this war in order to show the world how STRONK Russia was only for him to prove the exact opposite, that its military is poorly trained, poorly equipped and poorly maintained and that it's status as a gas station masquerading as a country is collapsingfnow that Europe is speeding up weaning itself off Russian oil and gas to avoid funding the failed Russian state.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2022-04-04 at 10:55 PM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Euromaidan Press tweeted:
    The Ukrainian Muslim battalion "Crimea" has found corpses of civilians near Motyzhyn in Kyiv Oblast who were shot.

According to preliminary information, it is the family of village head Olha Sukhenko who was abducted on 23 March. Official info to follow
    I'm not going to directly link the tweet, but it contains a somewhat graphic photo of the bodies, mostly buried in sand, at least one with hands tied.
    Update from The Guardian: Bodies of 5 civilians, including mayor, found half buried with hands tied in Motyzhyn, officials say
    The bodies of five civilians were found with their hands tied in the village of Motyzhyn, west of Kyiv, including those of the mayor, her husband and son, Ukrainian authorities have said.

Police showed journalists from Agence France-Presse four bodies, including that of the mayor, half buried in a grave in a pine forest bordering her house in Motyzhyn.

A fifth body was found in a little well in the garden.

The dead, including two men not part of the mayor’s family, reportedly had their hands tied behind their backs.

The mayor, Olga Sukhenko aged 50, her husband and their son, were abducted by Russian troops on 24 March, police said.

Residents said the mayor and her husband had refused to collaborate with the invading Russian forces.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Bodies of 5 civilians, including mayor, found half buried with hands tied in Motyzhyn, officials say
    Surely the Russian propaganda will say "they killed themselves, then bound their own hands then buried themselves".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Surely the Russian propaganda will say "they killed themselves, then bound their own hands then buried themselves".
    Russian propaganda won't speak about them at all, but if it did, it would also call them Nazis who deserved what they did to themselves.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Russian propaganda won't speak about them at all, but if it did, it would also call them Nazis who deserved what they did to themselves.
    Or they will do what they did about the atrocities in Bucha: Call it fake or actually war crimes committed by Ukraine against ethnic Russians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they will do what they did about the atrocities in Bucha: Call it fake or actually war crimes committed by Ukraine against ethnic Russians.
    Oh, you mean like a certain "I'm totally not a Russian shill!" poster did earlier this morning ITT?

Yeah, you're right.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you mean like a certain "I'm totally not a Russian shill!" poster did earlier this morning ITT?

Yeah, you're right.
    It's crap I've seen regurgitated by Putler paid trolls elsewhere today, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's crap I've seen regurgitated by Putler paid trolls elsewhere today, too.
    Gonna be somewhat hard going forward, when...

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account

Do you think Putlers paid trolls will care about things like facts and evidence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think Putlers paid trolls will care about things like facts and evidence?
    I don't give a shit what they care about. I give a shit about how likely they are to be able to convince other people that those explanations are plausible. And the mounting, tangible evidence directly refutes their false narrative quite resoundingly.

The only people who will believe them about this are the people who were lost already.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

What little sympathy I had left for Russians completely evaporated with Bucha. A nuclear holocaust would be too good for that shithole country and its people.

10+ Year Old Account

Those are people who were so overcome with joy at their liberators arrival that they died dancing in the streets of heart attacks. Those holes in their heads? Excess happiness burst from their skulls. Tied hands? Precautionary measure so they didn't hurt themselves or others during their dancing. We did not disturb the bodies out of respect for the dead.
    /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Those are people who were so overcome with joy at their liberators arrival that they died dancing in the streets of heart attacks. Those holes in their heads? Excess happiness burst from their skulls. Tied hands? Precautionary measure so they didn't hurt themselves or others during their dancing. We did not disturb the bodies out of respect for the dead.
    /s
    So overcome that they did this all at least 11 days before the Russians left town, too.

Naturally.

A flimsy lot, those Ukrainians, eh?

/s

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

This isn't surprising at all. Poorly led and supported conscripts in an army notorious for its brutality towards its own troops, with lax (at best) rules of engagement, who are losing left and right in a war they didn't even know was coming and thought they would win by default when they did hear of it? The atrocities were as inevitable as they are tragic.

It'll get worse before it gets better. The Russian army will leave piles of corpses as they retreat and I'm not certain if their officers are even willing to make them stop.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a shit what they care about. I give a shit about how likely they are to be able to convince other people that those explanations are plausible. And the mounting, tangible evidence directly refutes their false narrative quite resoundingly.

The only people who will believe them about this are the people who were lost already.
    I'm on the same boat too. I don't really care if the shills ever come back because their input into any of these discussions offers negative value. At least when they'd pop up in US domestic issues threads you could giggle at the profound ignorance but holding water for actual murderers is really something else that I can't really find polite words to describe.

So yeah, who gives a fuck what they think. They can seethe and mald in their little cope cages while their wet dreams of being a respected country collapse all around them because their leader is a fucking psychopath and their soldiers are incompetent monsters.

So overcome that they did this all at least 11 days before the Russians left town, too.

Naturally.

A flimsy lot, those Ukrainians, eh?

/s
    I have it on good authority it was a localized Rapture event
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.