Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The irony here is absolutely palpable.
    In Putler's Russia, reality faces you.

The irony here is absolutely palpable.
    Given that Russia is apparently claiming Christopher Columbus as one of their own, it's no surprise that they're fairly lost and confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch out, someone might call you "pro-Russian"!
    Yeah, maybe. But the use of chemical weapons, highly fucking illegal, is a step up from the "routine" murder and rape.

Oh, and "the chemical weapons didn't work very well" isn't an excuse. If I aimed a double-barrel shotgun at, say, Shalcker and pulled the trigger, I don't escape jail if the shells are duds. That's still attempted murder and I go to jail long enough for my current student's children to be my students when I get paroled. Wouldn't that be awkward. "Are you in Prof. Shotgun's class?"

If they did use chemical weapons, then it's no wonder they put the same guy in charge who used chemical weapons in Syria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    If they did use chemical weapons, then it's no wonder they put the same guy in charge who used chemical weapons in Syria.
    Well based on current reports at least, he might have used exactly the same ones. Three barely injured? That's some expired shit, right there.

God, imagine the world we live in where Russia can't even get a war crime right. They'd be a lot more effectively evil if they weren't so incompetent. Man, the Trump parallels never stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well based on current reports at least, he might have used exactly the same ones. Three barely injured? That's some expired shit, right there.

God, imagine the world we live in where Russia can't even get a war crime right. They'd be a lot more effectively evil if they weren't so incompetent. Man, the Trump parallels never stop.
    Finnish news says that the reports came at 10 PM local so about 4.5 hours ago, Zelensky hasn't mentioned them so I'm a bit cautious, I mean I'd expect him to confirm it if they'd been used, right? In 4.5 hrs, you'd be able to say something about it. Some hysterical person screamed Sarin in a forum post on another forum, and I'd say that's extremely unlikely given that no fatalities have been reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Finnish news says that the reports came at 10 PM local so about 4.5 hours ago, Zelensky hasn't mentioned them so I'm a bit cautious, I mean I'd expect him to confirm it if they'd been used, right? In 4.5 hrs, you'd be able to say something about it. Some hysterical person screamed Sarin in a forum post on another forum, and I'd say that's extremely unlikely given that no fatalities have been reported.
    I think there is a good chance it was a Thermobaric that didn't detonate. If the explosive charge doesn't ignite, the residue is nasty and toxic. If it was Sarin, even very old Sarin, it would have killed a lot of people.

I told you all this would happen (the chemical weapons). Nukes are next, without a doubt, but this has been mentioned before.

I don't know why I am a pariah from the own thread I created based on predictions that have come to pass steadily on a checklist. I kept track of how much I was rebuked for the chemical weapon speculation, with people citing Russia isn't that insane, knowing the implications of NATO response to that spreading past Ukraine.

Well they've done it and don't care. What do they care about anyway anymore for people to be concerned with their thoughts on pragmatism
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I told you all this would happen (the chemical weapons). Nukes are next, without a doubt, but this has been mentioned before.

I don't know why I am a pariah from the own thread I created based on predictions that have time and again come to pass. I kept track of how much I was rebuked for the chemical weapon speculation, with people citing Russia isn't that insane, knowing the implications of NATO response to that.
    There is no confirmation on chemical weapons yet. Sit the fuck down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I think there is a good chance it was a Thermobaric that didn't detonate.
    So, not a chemical weapon that didn't work, but a conventional one that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    There is no confirmation on chemical weapons yet. Sit the fuck down.
    There are countless news feeds exploding right now on the use of chemical weapons seen, from Ukraine military official accounts no less.

At this point, people need to stop arguing about what Russia won't stoop to. They've crossed every line already and this isn't a dispute of moral high grounds anymore.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

There are countless news feeds exploding right now on the use of chemical weapons seen, from Ukraine military official accounts no less.

At this point, people need to stop arguing about what Russia won't stoop to. They've crossed every line already and this isn't a dispute of moral high grounds anymore.
    No, they are saying there is possible chemical weapons used. Not a single one has said it is confirmed.

They've crossed every line already and this isn't a dispute of moral high grounds anymore.
    Then why aren't you volunteering to go out there and fight the righteous fight?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Then why aren't you volunteering to go out there and fight the righteous fight?!?!?
    I meant people (the normal people that aren't straight up Neo-Nazis or pro Russian advocates) should just stop thinking with the logic of:

"Russia wouldn't do [insert war crime] because they are pragmatic or don't want MAD."

Over following Ukraine's live feed on various social media channels over the last three months, I have witnessed every atrocity known to humankind being performed in Ukraine by the Russian army. I don't think self-preservation is even on mind anymore from what they've done.

With the deployment of chemical weapons, nukes are the only thing left on their war crime sheet. They've done everything else, but let's list:

Cannibalism, torture/mass torture, mass rape (on toddlers as well not just women), mass murder, mass property damage, kidnapping, subsequent human trafficking, mass killings of animals, all on a daily basis.

What I mean by "self preservation" in mind is you can't do these things and ever expect sanctions to go away. They've crossed the point of no return and *know* it, and the only option is to keep pressing forward on their path of destruction.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-04-12 at 12:13 AM.

Cannibalism
    This should be spicey: Show me the cannibals! If this is legit, it should kick off a new wave of cannibalsploitation movies, a genre that's been disappointingly empty outside of Eli Roth's The Green Inferno, in recent years.

This should be spicey: Show me the cannibals! If this is legit, it should kick off a new wave of cannibalsploitation movies, a genre that's been disappointingly empty outside of Eli Roth's The Green Inferno, in recent years.
    I'm not linking images of that shit (and also, they've been deleting gore on r/ukraine lately) but I don't know why of everything listed, *that* one (especially given they're eating corpses and not live people) is particularly hard to believe. It's not like the incidents where Russian soldiers defecated on corpses after raping the victims out of spite, but reports of Russian soldiers somehow *starving* out on the lines out of being so poorly equipped.

hmm .. human the other chicken, hmmm

Here's confirmation on the chemical attack, though. It's a safe link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...cal_attack_in/

Eh, Russia has a track record of using chemical weapons in Syria. A lot of people have been saying the chances were high Russia would resort to them. And they have previously been using banned weapons in the conflict, like cluster munitions.

But what they don't have is a record of using nukes. And especially not right on their own border in land they want to take. Irradiating land you want to own and rendering it unusable kind of defeats the purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's confirmation on the chemical attack, though. It's a safe link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...cal_attack_in/
    Ah, I see: the problem is that you have no idea what "confirmation" means.

That tracks.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils