Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    What kind of cope are they coming up with? I don't look at russian stuff.
    Some auto-translated stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkrainianCo...m_source=share

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Did he ever actually comment on the war crimes?
    He ignored them most of the time, except for a weak handwave attempt with "the investigation in Bucha isn't done, either" once.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, you keep showing off your origin like it gives you some unique and superior insight into the war situation, just like Easo. But it did not stop him from being obnoxious and patronizing to whoever dared to question his constant downplaying of anything Ukraine-positive. And now he plays a victim of mean posters when his yet another "fog of war" claim failed. Ok.
    I keep "showing off" my origin because it actually does give me unique and more informed insight into how Ukraine, Russia and such work, because I fucking lived there for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    no, but I've raised the topic so many times (justifiably) people seem to think I want them to be launched.
    Probably because you keep on raising the topic even after you said you wouldn't do it again until it happened. It just seems like Putin isn't working fast enough for you.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

TLDR: It's layers of corruption, with every step down to low-middle rank officers taking their cut and reporting job done. With all the layers having interest to report things better than they really are, a compounding lie to keep the scheme going.

And they got away with it too for a few decades, you can bet many of them did not even think the time would come to actually get to work.
    We call that "tunneling" in our country and its our favourite past time when it comes to the government funds. Its one of the reasons Brussel is so careful when it comes to funding projects now. Fucking shame of our nation and yet populists blame this on EU and people gobble it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Romanian coast guard: Hello Russian warship, this is the Romanian coast guard.

Moscow: We’re sinking, sinking!

Romanian coast guard: What are you sinking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9wJxZc2KF8
    Last edited by Torched; 2022-04-14 at 07:50 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I have difficulty seeing how this sort of army could ever hope to defeat a force that it doesn't hopelessly outclass. I'm sure the higher-ups of the military are aware of those failings, as they really okay with most of their soldiers being so useless? The idea of cannon fodder doesn't seem very useful in modern warfare, especially when you pay so much for such a pathetic result.

Yeah, I get that said higher-ups are hardly better RE the corruption. But I'd had thought that at least some would still be smart enough to know there has to be a limit to the nonsense. Then again I also thought Russia would roll over a country with a tenth of their military budget so eh. Maybe they really are this stupid and incompetent.
    Aside from the corruption I think its also that Russia has never actually fought a functional army, much less one trained and equipped by Western experts. They have fought against forces equipped with even older Soviet era weapons or 3e world terrorists. All conflicts they can win by sheer weight of numbers.

Either Russian commanders completely underestimated how deadly modern Western weapons make the average soldier, especially when dealing with vehicles, or they had some clue but ignored it because countering it would cut into their corruption take and require them to admit Western weapons > Russian weapons.

The Russian army never evolved past the Cold War.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you guys ever heard about this hilarious russian navy voyage?

can't say that the russian navy has ever been what we call "competent".
    Last edited by Torched; 2022-04-14 at 08:30 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been taught about this war in school. We were just taught "Russia lost, kk?" It seems they've not changed one bit, I mean there's incompetence and then there's this.

10+ Year Old Account
    What:

Russan soldiers kicked corpses of dead soldiers out of trucks so they could send more loot into their country.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    After seeing some of the cope coming from Russians over the loss of the Moskva, I almost wish Shillker's ban had been delayed half a day to see how he tried to rationalise it.
    Moskva didn't sink, Russia just commissioned a new submarine that can go deeper and is quieter than any western counterpart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Moskva didn't sink, Russia just commissioned a new submarine that can go deeper and is quieter than any western counterpart.
    It can also stay under water longer than anything else seen before!

there are 2 conflicting reports i can see so far :

- ammo exploded after strike and caused moderate damage but its still functional although all hands evac'd

and the more likely one :

- the ship is on its side and 54 out of 485 crew were saved by a Turkish vessel in the area rest are fucked, ships fucked, cya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Oh, he is super salty. Some time ago he made a rude reply to Edge and then immediately got banned, so I think he blames him now. Plus he is one of them nuclear annihilation preachers.
    No, he's a US civil war preacher. Like YUPPIE but with a hardon for the oncoming civil war in the US that's goin to happen any day now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    It can also stay under water longer than anything else seen before!
    In the Black Sea that is even more true. The nature of the places leaves wrecks untouched by time. There are wrecks from ancient Greece and Roman times perfectly preserved, right down to the rigging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    I would like to ask our fellow American forum posters how they manage their rent and fuel prices. I got a friend who lives and works in Las Vegas as a Starbucks supervisor. And he is complaining that he barely can pay off his bills, rent and gas after prices went up and he started to look for a new job.

Do you also honestly believe it's because of war in Ukraine? The American friend of mine blames his government.
    It's a convenient excuse to raise prices further. The dragons don't want to diminish their "speculative upcoming indexed hoard gains" with reduced tax rates they got implemented for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    After seeing some of the cope coming from Russians over the loss of the Moskva, I almost wish Shillker's ban had been delayed half a day to see how he tried to rationalise it.
    It maybe for the best, don't want his overlords to withhold turnip rations because he's not convincing us to their satisfaction. Don't want him to starve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post

It maybe for the best, don't want his overlords to withhold turnip rations because he's not convincing us to their satisfaction. Don't want him to starve.
    im tellin u guys hes just a qanon uncle.

He is the russian version is someone like hammerfest or texasrules. They post like morons for free because they read garbage information, have garbage beliefs and are generally morons. Shackler just dresses it up more.

Russia has threatened nukes on Finland and Sweden for joining NATO this morning.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia has threatened nukes on Finland and Sweden for joining NATO this morning.
    No, it hasn't stop scaremongering, Russia has said it would not consider a non-nuclear status for the Baltic if Sweden and Finland join NATO.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...premium-europe

They have talked about deploying nukes in the Baltic area. Not that they would nuke. Either way, Russia probably already has nukes in the Baltic and nothing Finland or Sweden do would change Putin being a dick treating other nations like dicks. Might as well give him a reason to be a dick and join NATO.

And then the only wish I have is... Sweden, dear, beloved Sweden... If Russian airplanes invade your airspace, fucking shoot them down. Don't take fancy pictures.

Also, Moskva... lmao. So hilarious. What great news to wake up to. How are our local crazies spinning this into a win for Russia?

Oh, wait.. let me guess, Moskva is strategically redeploying for a new stealth attack from the ocean seabed? Is that it? Please let it be as retarded as that... that would make my day.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.