Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Today I heard Sergiei Shoigu had an infarct and even if he survives, he will probably be disabled. If it's true I wonder if it was natural or maybe some russian "medicine" helped him.
    I have also seen those stories about unnatural causes, but:

When - was it a new heart attack or the one that kept him away from publicity the last month?
    Why?
    Or more importantly - by whom?

Despite failing he hasn't been sacked by Putin. The idea that Putin fakes him being fine and simultaneously secretly tries to kill him doesn't really make sense. And if it were someone else the goal seems less clear; would he have made such an impact if active - and would the attacker have known it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I read it on non english site and I don't know how reliable the source is (thats why I said "If it's true"). Theres also article in english:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-causes.html
    I'm not convinced, looks like a rehash of the old rumour, but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I'm not convinced, looks like a rehash of the old rumour, but we'll see.
    The Daily Mail is also, from my understanding, a glorified tabloid and should be taken with a grain of salt anyways.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Dumbest take I've seen in a while.
    Yep agreed, it sounded different in my head as I was typing it out and I didn't proof read it properly before posting, what I was trying to get across is that he doesn't think he is evil and is in fact the hero of the piece. Just like many other genocidal shitheads.

I have corrected it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Yep agreed, it sounded different in my head as I was typing it out and I didn't proof read it properly before posting, what I was trying to get across is that he doesn't think he is evil and is in fact the hero of the piece. Just like many other genocidal shitheads.

I have corrected it.
    if putin doesn't *think* he is evil after what he's done in Ukraine alone, he is certified insane.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Russia: The fire on the Moskva has been successfully extinguished.
    Initially, I did not quite catch that. That's one way to put out the fire.

Yes, I am slow.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    if putin doesn't *think* he is evil after what he's done in Ukraine alone, he is certified insane.
    Go look back at history he isn't the first leader to have such little regard for the other peoples lives and he won't be the last unfortunately. Like the way Putin is using Nazi in Ukraine as a excuse to the Russian people, many other excuses have been used to start wars and invade countries in the past such as different religion, colour, political leaning or just simply having stuff they want,
    But that doesn't automatically make him insane.
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN: Ukraine's claim of missile strike on Russian cruiser believed to be credible, sources say
    Ukraine’s claim that it conducted a missile strike that sank the flagship of Russia’s Black Sea fleet is believed to be credible, two sources familiar with US and western intelligence told CNN, although officials as yet have no definitive proof.

The US believes with “medium confidence” that Ukraine’s version of events — which Moscow disputes — is accurate, according one source familiar with the latest intelligence.

Still, even though US and western officials have no reason to distrust Ukraine in this instance, both sources cautioned that the US has not yet made an independent attribution.

“We’re not in a position to officially confirm independently what exactly led to the ship’s now sinking,” Pentagon press secretary John Kirby told CNN’s Jake Tapper on Thursday. “But we’re also not in any position to refute the Ukrainian side of this. It’s certainly plausible and possible that they did in fact hit this with a Neptune missile or maybe more.”

The missile cruiser, the Moskva, sank on Thursday after an explosion the day before “seriously damaged” the ship near the Ukrainian port city of Odessa, Russia said Thursday.

The governor of Odessa has claimed that the ship was hit by a Ukrainian anti-ship missile, while Russia has claimed that the damage was caused by an on-board fire that detonated on-board ammunition.

Outside analysts have largely treated Ukraine’s version of events as the more credible possibility, but American officials have so far declined to publicly attribute the ship’s destruction to a missile strike.
    This is still just the weirdest case of one-up-manship ever.

"We sank your ship!"
    "Lies, hah, we sank our own ship!"

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Kyiv says its missiles hit the warship. Moscow has not reported any attack. It says the vessel sank after a fire.

The blaze caused the explosion of the warship's ammunition, Russia says, adding that the entire crew were later evacuated to nearby Russian vessels in the Black Sea. It provided no further details.
    So Adolf Putler cant by any means live with the notion that Ukraine sunk the Russian pride in the Black Sea 1980-fleet but instead want the newsreels to portray that the superduper awesome crew decided it was a bit chilly onboard and decided to make a warm cosy bonfire in the ammunition section.

Ok
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    This is what gets me.

Their flex is...ammo blew up on their ship and they had to evacuate?

And then it sank while being towed?

And we're supposed to fear the might of the Russian navy, which apparently struggles to keep their own ships from blowing themselves up and their own support vessels from sinking them after they were damaged?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is what gets me.

Their flex is...ammo blew up on their ship and they had to evacuate?

And then it sank while being towed?

And we're supposed to fear the might of the Russian navy, which apparently struggles to keep their own ships from blowing themselves up and their own support vessels from sinking them after they were damaged?
    I think it's mainly for their own people, I think they're afraid that if they learn that it was hit by enemy missiles that their population might catch on things are not what they seem.

Surely the Russians have photos showing them towing the Moskva before it sunk, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    CNN: Ukraine's claim of missile strike on Russian cruiser believed to be credible, sources say

This is still just the weirdest case of one-up-manship ever.

"We sank your ship!"
    Not sure why Russia thinks "Our sailors are so incompetent they let a fire spread out of control and blow up the ship" is less humiliating than admitting that it got hit by cruise missiles.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    I think it's mainly for their own people, I think they're afraid that if they learn that it was hit by enemy missiles that their population might catch on things are not what they seem.
    I think the fact they are 50 days into a 3 day war with no end in sight and lots of funerals may have clued them in already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol at the passive-voice from this TASS release. Has real Officer Involved Shooting energy.

Russian MoD via TASS: "During the towing of the Moskva cruiser to the port of destination, the ship lost its stability due to damage to the hull received during the fire from the detonation of ammunition. In the conditions of stormy seas, the ship sank."

"The Slava class warship Moskva had concluded it's 'Fuck-around' directives and just finished the 'Finding Out" procedure."
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    I know. And don't get me wrong, the Trump administration delivered a bunch of hum-dingers to Americans when they were in office.

But like...even in the context of the lies from the Trump administration this is patently hilarious shit. They surely could have come up with a better excuse than, "We accidentally blew up our own ship and then accidentally sank it while towing it."

This is just spectacularly lazy and creatively bankrupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Not sure why Russia thinks "Our sailors are so incompetent they let a fire spread out of control and blow up the ship" is less humiliating than admitting that it got hit by cruise missiles.
    It isn't less humiliating, but it is less catastrophic than the alternative. The Moskva was supposed to be immune to anything except top of the line anti-ship missiles fired in waves. It was a dedicated anti-aircraft platform. Guided missile cruisers are not supposed to be easy targets for anti-ship missiles. It Russia admits the flagship of its Black Sea fleet got dunked on by two mediocre anti-ship missiles, it is announcing open season on all its warships.

So yeah, it is humiliating to be forced to claim your ship sunk itself. The alternative is admitting your entire navy is a joke with no defenses, because there just isn't a Russian warship with better air defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Where's that video of "My Heart Will Go On" played on the recorder when you need it...
    gotchu fam

https://mobile.twitter.com/FellipeC/...96749636542467
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

would the Russian Army put up a good fight against the US Marines at this point
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."