1. #17021
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    So if the battleship Moscow actually did get shot down by Ukraine, how come every single member of the 500 crew was not even scratched?
    Well the ship was confirmed to sink by russians so that matters little now doesn't it? Looking at your post history also reminds me of your intentions in this thread, but do keep on with the pro-Russia sentiments, it also matters little as this war progresses!

    Just a taste of what you typed earlier in this very thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Slavic people killing Slavic people gain, meanwhile the west be like "here, have more weapons".

    Putin is either crazy enough or strong enough to make the whole west dislike him for invading Ukraine.
    His success is pretty much guaranteed. Powerful men do not want to feel or appear weak. He will achieve his goal. He won't have many friends left, but I'm sure that's calculated.

    As for Ukraine.... it should just capitulate. It's not getting any military help. It can't defend itself forever. Putin is not commiting a genocide, he wants to replace the government. If the west isn't doing anything to help it but fuel more weapons and try to sanction Russia, then it's already over.
    Capitulating means losing less people. No one wants children martyrs. The government should stop broadcasting to people how to make homemade molotov coctails. That's fucking crazy. Innocents die because of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    People are being mislead that Ukraine is winning because Russia isn't going full out with the invasion. As I mentioned before, they are not targeting civilians.
    Putin went too far, but he's not a murdering maniac the west makes him out to be. Just because you live in the west doesn't mean you're being fed propaganda. Western propaganda machine is very active. Don't deceive yourself thinking that the west is good and the east is bad. They just might all be bad.

    I'm going to tell you one thing. Russians are Orthodox and Ukraininans are Orthodox. That's a way bigger deal than you might think. The only people in danger is the government and the nazi Azov regiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Are you kidding me? NATO is a threat to everyone that's not a part of it.
    It's literally a coalition of capitalist countries ready to go to war.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-04-15 at 11:22 AM.

  2. #17022
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,332
    Ukraine issues a "Russian warship, go fuck yourself" postage stamp.

    No, really.





    I feel like we're in Springtime for Hitler territory.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Funny story: Russia state media reports the battleship Moscow had an ammo explosion and is being towed to port.

    How odd it is that their ship just happened to have an unrelated explosion that just happened to disable it beyond use, in the middle of a war, but unrelated to being in a war. Can you imagine, wanting to be taken seriously as a super power, when your flagship just spontaneously combusts?

  3. #17023
    Over 9000! zealo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    So if the battleship Moscow actually did get shot down by Ukraine, how come every single member of the 500 crew was not even scratched?
    You have to be one real naive fucker to believe the entirety of the crew walked away from that one unscathed just because Russia claims they did.

  4. #17024
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Why the fuck would they help people that are trying to genocide them? People who invaded their country, shelled cities, targeted civilians on purpose and raped toddlers? Russia isn't Germany. Russia isn't going to change. All of their history has made it very clear. This country is a lost cause.
    People said the same about Germany. And Germany has done worse. To a lot more countries. The worst you can say about Germany today is that people are genuinely adverse to any notion of attacking anyone. It becomes unthinkable for Germany to start a world war again. People need to look at history and respect the genius of Western allies not giving up on Germany in its darkest hours, when the cruelties of the Holocaust were still being discovered.

    The reason the West is the way it is, is because we don't just give up like that. And while I would not blame Ukrainians to close themselves off, practically speaking, they are the closest to Russia to help them out of their self-imposed mental prison and turn the country around.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  5. #17025

  6. #17026
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    the battleship Moscow had an ammo explosion and is being towed to port.
    It sank during towing.

  7. #17027
    Former member of the Duma is saying only 58 of the 510 crew survived.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/UkrainianCo...m_source=share

    The commander was reportedly one of those that went down with the Moskva.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/nexta_tv/...ZydmKFYWPUlh6A
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-04-15 at 12:43 PM.

  8. #17028
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,332
    Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    It sank during towing.
    Yeah yeah, I am just discussing the Russian narrative that it somehow was in a war and somehow exploded but the two weren't related. "Ship sunk in a storm" is 100% credible. "Ship spontaneously combusts but 100% of crew unharmed" is...less so.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Former member of the Duma is saying only 58 of the 510 crew survived.
    So, the ones saved by Turkey?

  9. #17029
    Over 9000! Santti's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,150
    Moskva is going to sting. Don't know how much of an impact it's going to make in the war, but pride is in the tatters for sure. I mean, more so than it already was, of course.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. Interesting is one way to describe it. I call it car-crash fascinating.
    Last edited by Santti; 2022-04-15 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

  10. #17030
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Nukes have a whole chain of command, and everyone along the line has to authorise and do the thing he needs to do to get the launch done. We know this, because Russian heroes have already prevented WW3 by deciding not to launch in scenarios where they could safely assume an all out attack from the US but they thought it was "unlikely and didn't make sense" so they refused to launch.
    More complicated than that.

    Nuclear submarine commanders have no "chain of command" in regards to their nuclear arsenal albeit under certain conditions. They absolutely can launch independently, it is their core function.

    Refusing Putin's orders would essentially be a military coup - perhaps this is the biggest reason Putin will not launch nukes. I doubt the Russian military higher ups are blind to what is going on around the world like the general populace.

    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Moskva is going to sting. Don't know how much of an impact it's going to make in the war, but pride is in the tatters for sure. I mean, more so than it already was, of course.
    Functionally it could strike the whole of Ukraine at will. It is not like Russia has suddenly lost this ability entirely but this is a pretty huge positive.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

  11. #17031
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That doesn’t make it a genocide…
    Themius, you seemed to be talking about the Ukrainian genocide in the Biden thread, for...some reason. I'm sure you won't mind if we discuss it here.

    I've posted on this topic before, but Russia is claiming that Ukraine isn't even a country.

    Ukraine is not even a state! What is Ukraine? A part of its territory is in Eastern Europe, but another part, a considerable one, was a gift from us!
    -- Putin, after invading Ukraine in 2014 and taking Crimea

    It is a sentiment still being used today.

    There is no Ukraine, there is Ukrainian-ness. That is, a specific disorder of the mind. An astonishing enthusiasm for ethnography, driven to the extreme. But there is no nation.
    -- Surkov said this, less than a month ago

    This defense for Russia's unprovoked war, and war crimes, is not about their policies or actions. It's about their country of origin -- and Russia's false statements that such a country does not exist. And when you wage a war to wipe out a group of people solely for their country of origin, that's genocide.

    the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group
    -- Merriam-Webster

    You will not be able to convince anyone on these forums, including yourself, that killing people in Ukraine for saying they are from Ukraine and not Russia, doesn't fit that list. Hell, it fits all three, really.

    It is genocide. You're just objectively wrong.

    Granted, Russia could easily be lying about the nature of their war. Which, in turn, means they thought "we're going with genocide, because the real reason is worse".

  12. #17032
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    15,521
    Maybe you've seen some of his stuff here, but I figure it fits.



    If you're not interested in watching, I'll summarize: No, most Russians don't support it. The majority of older Russians MIGHT support it, but the reason why polls say tons of Russians support the "special operation" and Putin is because if they DON'T, they'll go to jail. A lot of them also just hang up whenever a poll appears.

  13. #17033
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I doubt the Russian military higher ups are blind to what is going on around the world like the general populace.
    I hope so. There is a difference between "being a yes man" and "actually drinking the Kool-Aid".

    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    It is not like Russia has suddenly lost this ability entirely but this is a pretty huge positive.
    The morale problems keep stacking up. Russia could have lost some no-name warship and we wouldn't be talking about this. Now, as we've seen by their car-crash state-run media trying to deal with it, this is their attempt to Remember the Maine. Which you can't do when you claim that your own flagship was so poorly designed and maintained that it basically caught fire by accident and was being towed home. Pick a lane, сука, it's one or the other.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    if they DON'T, they'll go to jail.
    No big surprise there. It stretches logic past the breaking point that the recent, dramatic changes in Russia's way of life ("the stock market is shut down this week again, also please give us all your dollars now") are somehow viewed as a positive.

  14. #17034
    Almost sounds like Russia is working its way up to making this an official war due to manpower issues.

    Because it isn't a war, officially, soldiers can (and are) resigning and legally there is nothing that can be done to stop it. But make it official and they can force them to stay and die and they can do a general mobilisation to throw bodies at the problem.

  15. #17035
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Because it isn't a war, officially, soldiers can (and are) resigning and legally there is nothing that can be done to stop it.
    Just going to point out that one word, right there. It's impressive that Russian solders are fleeing or defecting, even knowing what that means for them.

    But you're right, if Russia ramps up the stakes like that, one of two things will happen, both bad.
    One, meat grinder. Everyone loses.
    Two, more and more commanders get used as tank tread lube.

  16. #17036
    Wonder what would be @Shaclker defense about the Moskva.

    Anyway, it just proves the total incompetence in the Russian army, either because they did not protect the ship or because they let her explodes by herself. I'll miss that ship. I guess I can still play in Wows !

  17. #17037
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    23,003
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Maybe you've seen some of his stuff here, but I figure it fits.

    If you're not interested in watching, I'll summarize: No, most Russians don't support it. The majority of older Russians MIGHT support it, but the reason why polls say tons of Russians support the "special operation" and Putin is because if they DON'T, they'll go to jail. A lot of them also just hang up whenever a poll appears.
    Its hilarious that people actually fall for that. Just generic tear-jerking "We not bad guiz i swer on me mum!" video from apologist.

  18. #17038
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    I apologize if this has been posted but Russia has been suspended from the UN Human Rights Council. It is only the second time any member of the UN has been suspended from it. Libya was the first. If it has been posted earlier in the thread, I apologize for reposting.

    https://www.npr.org/2022/04/07/10914...rights-council
    do you legit think a major event that happened over a week ago was not mentioned here by now?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  19. #17039
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    do you legit think a major event that happened over a week ago was not mentioned here by now?
    Hey, no need to be rude.

    In other news, France detailed a bit the amount of help sent to Ukraine. It's way more modest than the American help of course. The most important part is:

    The Ukrainians have at no time hinted that France was reluctant to equip them, unlike Germany, for example. "The French are responding to our requests, but above all asking us not to communicate", assured a Ukrainian official stationed in Paris at the start of the war. Where it is also argued that the cumulative exports of French arms to Ukraine were the first in Europe between 2014 – the year of the annexation of Crimea by Moscow – and 2020.

  20. #17040
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its hilarious that people actually fall for that. Just generic tear-jerking "We not bad guiz i swer on me mum!" video from apologist.
    If you knew anything about him. You'd know from day 1 he was against the war and has even fled Russia that Georgia to get away from Putin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •