1. #18161
    russia has once again warned the US and NATO to stop supplying Ukraine

    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...ly-state-media

    “If the US and NATO are really interested in resolving the Ukraine crisis, then first of all, they should wake up and stop supplying the Kyiv regime with arms and ammunition,”
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  2. #18162
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    russia has once again warned the US and NATO to stop supplying Ukraine

    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...ly-state-media

    “If the US and NATO are really interested in resolving the Ukraine crisis, then first of all, they should wake up and stop supplying the Kyiv regime with arms and ammunition,”
    Nobody gives a shit about what russia says.

  3. #18163
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    23,003
    You guys saw that Kadirovite who burned alive on live stream when he was gloating? This was probably the most hilarious death/gore so far.

  4. #18164
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Nobody gives a shit about what russia says.
    I would say we don't believe a shit of it.

    However, we listen and interpret it and understand that the supplies to Ukraine are actually effective in stopping Russia; as implicitly confirmed by Lavrov.

  5. #18165
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Nobody gives a shit about what russia says.
    well, as I said before, that's a cause for concern.

    In an unprecedented scale, the last two weeks, Putin (or the Kremlin by extension) have been making repeated nuclear threats and threats of attacks on other nations. After a while, people stopped giving a shit and started *ignoring* Putin.

    Are there really not too many people that fear how he'll react if he keeps being ignored like a pest and not the threat he wants to be seen as?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  6. #18166
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    well, as I said before, that's a cause for concern.

    In an unprecedented scale, the last two weeks, Putin (or the Kremlin by extension) have been making repeated nuclear threats and threats of attacks on other nations. After a while, people stopped giving a shit and started *ignoring* Putin.

    Are there really not too many people that fear how he'll react if he keeps being ignored like a pest and not the threat he wants to be seen as?
    That is because the support to Ukraine is working so they show that weakness. They won't use it as it would mean Russia would disappear as well.

  7. #18167
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    well, as I said before, that's a cause for concern.

    In an unprecedented scale, the last two weeks, Putin (or the Kremlin by extension) have been making repeated nuclear threats and threats of attacks on other nations. After a while, people stopped giving a shit and started *ignoring* Putin.

    Are there really not too many people that fear how he'll react if he keeps being ignored like a pest and not the threat he wants to be seen as?


    At this point I just want to call their bluff.

  8. #18168
    I think the big cause for concern is most of these nuclear threats and invasion remarks were threatened at Finland and Sweden to keep them in line and prevent them from joining NATO. And how did they respond? They signed up for NATO memberships in unison recently and even warned Putin what would happen if he inches toward their land, even without NATO.

    They don't fear him anymore.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  9. #18169
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I think the big cause for concern is most of these nuclear threats and invasion remarks were threatened at Finland and Sweden to keep them in line and prevent them from joining NATO. And how did they respond? They signed up for NATO memberships in unison recently and even warned Putin what would happen if he inches toward their land, even without NATO.

    They don't fear him anymore.
    after the push in donbas even if its successful Russia will have 0 conventional forces left, if china decided to take the entire east there would be nothing there to stop them.

    Russia is spent and will have a hard time reconstituting anything remotely capable of messing with sweden or finland.

  10. #18170
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I think the big cause for concern is most of these nuclear threats and invasion remarks were threatened at Finland and Sweden to keep them in line and prevent them from joining NATO. And how did they respond? They signed up for NATO memberships in unison recently and even warned Putin what would happen if he inches toward their land, even without NATO.

    They don't fear him anymore.
    Which is how you respond to a bully.

  11. #18171
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    They signed up for NATO memberships in unison recently
    No we didn't. Stop making shit up. While it looks very likely it will happen... it has not happened yet.

  12. #18172
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    russia has once again warned the US and NATO to stop supplying Ukraine

    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...ly-state-media

    “If the US and NATO are really interested in resolving the Ukraine crisis, then first of all, they should wake up and stop supplying the Kyiv regime with arms and ammunition,”
    @Vegas82

    Case in point.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  13. #18173
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Posts
    1,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Not so sure about that, because the financial support from Western power would stop as soon as Ukraine would invade Russia.
    Western powers are not as Russophile as you're wishing them to be. One of top US officials recently said they want "a weakened Russia"; they would have supported a realistic counter-invasion if Ukraine could sustain it. But realistically, Ukraine cannot. Even ethnic Ukrainian lands within Russia, Sloboda Ukraine reunification and "Black Sea Cossack Republic" are pure fanfic at this moment. I'd say even liberating Donbass militarily is borderline unfeasible - but rest assured, if Ukrainians somehow managed to go on offensive, it would've been in the best interest of "the West" to support them all the way. USA already passed the law for their long-term Lend-Lease, and the previous Lend-Lease didn't stop when USSR and UK invaded Germany.


    By the way, will these people be called out domestically? I'm not into internal USA stuff but it looks all supporters of Russian imperialism are in one party. Are they all also Trumpists, by any chance?
    Lawmakers approved the Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022 by a vote of 417 to 10, <..> The 10 Republicans who voted against the bill were: Andy Biggs of Arizona, Dan Bishop of North Carolina, Warren Davidson of Ohio, Matt Gaetz of Florida, Paul Gosar of Arizona, Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, Thomas Massie of Kentucky, Ralph Norman of South Carolina, Scott Perry of Pennsylvania and Tom Tiffany of Wisconsin.
    https://www.newsweek.com/these-10-re...russia-1702039
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

  14. #18174
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    Western powers are not as Russophile as you're wishing them to be. One of top US officials recently said they want "a weakened Russia"; they would have supported a realistic counter-invasion if Ukraine could sustain it. But realistically, Ukraine cannot. Even ethnic Ukrainian lands within Russia, Sloboda Ukraine reunification and "Black Sea Cossack Republic" are pure fanfic at this moment. I'd say even liberating Donbass militarily is borderline unfeasible - but rest assured, if Ukrainians somehow managed to go on offensive, it would've been in the best interest of "the West" to support them all the way. USA already passed the law for their long-term Lend-Lease, and the previous Lend-Lease didn't stop when USSR and UK invaded Germany.


    By the way, will these people be called out domestically? I'm not into internal USA stuff but it looks all supporters of Russian imperialism are in one party. Are they all also Trumpists, by any chance?

    https://www.newsweek.com/these-10-re...russia-1702039
    Not so sure Western power would support an invasion of Russia. I have not seen any evidence supporting that (if it was feasible in the first place).

  15. #18175
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,205
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I honestly hate that comparison now.
    Why? The idea of someone screaming nukes, nukes, nukes and being treated as a complete impotent joke hit a little close to home?

    So, despite pulling back from most other regions and focusing largely on Donbas, Russia is still making limited if any progress.

    Russian forces are using artillery and some airstrikes before moving in their ground forces, but these ground movements are making "plodding, uneven progress," the [Pentagon] official said.

    "The artillery and airstrikes that they're launching against Ukrainian positions are not having the effect that they want them to have," the official said. "The Ukrainians are still able to resist ... So that's why we think this progress has been slow and uneven still over the last 24 hours."

    "We also assess that because of this slow and uneven progress — again without perfect knowledge of every aspect of the Russian plan — we do believe in a sense that they are behind schedule in what they were trying to accomplish in the Donbas," the official said.
    It should be clear that Russia is not putting all their rotten turnips in one basket. (They can't afford eggs) They are trying to surround opposing Ukraine forces, possibly indicating what some of y'all said about full mobilization.

    Russian forces are trying to advance on three fronts in eastern Ukraine in an attempt to encircle the Ukrainian military in that region, according to the Pentagon. The U.S. believes Russian forces are trying to link up troops moving south from the town of Izyum and troops moving north from the port city of Mariupol, potentially to trap Ukrainian forces who are farther east. The U.S. also believes the Russians are still trying to set the conditions for a larger offensive yet to come in this area. Pentagon spokesman John Kirby later confirmed that Ukrainian fighters were receiving training at "roughly three locations outside of Ukraine," including Germany.
    When asked for further comment, Kirby said "HiiIIIIii!" inhaled deeply and swallowed the entire press corp.

    The European Union may be preparing to phase in a full embargo on Russian oil. German officials opened the door to such a move, saying it would be "manageable" though damaging, with likely supply shortages and surging prices. Germany's energy minister said that his country's economy, Europe's largest, has been able to cut its dependence on Russian oil to 12% from about 35% of its supply since the war in Ukraine began.
    As mentioned before, a total embargo would hurt...might be worth it, but it'll hurt. But every step closer to that is a step Russia can't afford. It's not like China's paying full price.

    Meanwhile the UN wants feet on the ground to help unarmed civilians escape before being murdered in war crimes but of course, Russia says "nyet, no need". I suspect that Russia is admitting they don't want to miss and hit a UN official by accident.

  16. #18176
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    By the way, will these people be called out domestically? I'm not into internal USA stuff but it looks all supporters of Russian imperialism are in one party. Are they all also Trumpists, by any chance?

    https://www.newsweek.com/these-10-re...russia-1702039
    They are. You might especially recognize Marjorie Taylor Greene as the crazy person who supported the US Jan 6 insurrection, promotes QAnon, believes in Pizzagate, etc etc. It is not remotely surprising that they opposed the lend lease.

  17. #18177
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    By the way, will these people be called out domestically? I'm not into internal USA stuff but it looks all supporters of Russian imperialism are in one party. Are they all also Trumpists, by any chance?

    https://www.newsweek.com/these-10-re...russia-1702039
    Looking at their names, yep looks like it, somewhat surprised Lauren Boebert isn't among them.

  18. #18178
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Looking at their names, yep looks like it, somewhat surprised Lauren Boebert isn't among them.
    Yes, very true. It's also a chilling reminder of an alternate timeline in which this was Trump's second term in office, and what the US response to the Ukraine crisis would've been then. Very concerned about 2024.

  19. #18179
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Yes, very true. It's also a chilling reminder of an alternate timeline in which this was Trump's second term in office, and what the US response to the Ukraine crisis would've been then. Very concerned about 2024.
    Easy: He'd let him have Ukraine We'd be looking at MUCH bigger issues, probably a shattered NATO as Trump would have let the Baltics hanging, or maybe Putin would have stayed home. That is a bit of a mystery though, why didn't he go for it during 2016-2020?
    I share your concern for 2024, I hope you can get Biden re-elected, or whoever is running for the democrat side. ( I think Trump will try a new run unless physically unable.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So, despite pulling back from most other regions and focusing largely on Donbas, Russia is still making limited if any progress.
    Well you know, merging depleted units as well as low morale tends to do wonders...

    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...box=1651310588


    Meanwhile the UN wants feet on the ground to help unarmed civilians escape before being murdered in war crimes but of course, Russia says "nyet, no need". I suspect that Russia is admitting they don't want to miss and hit a UN official by accident.
    You really think Russia would shy away from hitting UN officials?

  20. #18180
    Russia should bring back decimation to boost morale with their troops.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •