Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    nowhere is truly safe in Ukraine.

As I said, her recklessness is commendable but what is the gain? She's a celebrity, not a political entity with the best security.

Although this means Angelina Jolie visited Ukraine before Joe Biden...
    I mean, the article that was just linked right above you by Evil Midnight Bomber says why. She's a special envoy for the United Nations refugee agency and has been since 2011, so it's not like this is even a new thing. She actually has the authority to represent the UN diplomatically in that capacity. But in general she's been going to war zones and assisting with refugee issues since like 2001... I'd say she probably has a MUCH better idea of the risks than you ever could.

this honestly sounds ridiculous on so many levels. The act of violating air space that way is as a declaration of war, and repeatedly threatening to nuke or invade a country after working on a genocide in progress is a declaration of war. By Russia's twisted logic, applying for NATO is a declaration of war, and Sweden has done just that while ignoring them.

There's no reason this aircraft should have survived here.
    This is not a big deal. US submarines have been conducting spying operations inside Russian territorial water for decades. Obviously the US denied that they did that. However, "wink, wink, nod, nod," everybody knew the truth. In the 90s, Russian subs and US subs used to play cat and mouse games. In fact the Russian and the US had two submarine collision incidents in the 1990. Early this year, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoygu claimed that Russian frigates spent 3 hours chasing a US submarine out of the Kuril islands area. The US denied it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Clearly, the US has deployed their British asset Tomb Raider. The Russians are done for.
    Plot twist: Angelina Jolie is secretly an undercover Russian agent.

Double plot twist: she decides she doesn't want to go back to being a Russian agent, though, so she kills her handler.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Just a PSA: It's May.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

I hope people would finally realize that the only way for the Mariupol defenders out of this is to die fighting, or for the West to finally grow some spine and enforce that no-flight zone so that Ukrainians can blow the russians sieging the city to hell.

Pic in link is not-pixelated.

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/...RbCdTc4UwDjEbQ

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post

I hope people would finally realize that the only way for the Mariupol defenders out of this is to die fighting, or for the West to finally grow some spine and enforce that no-flight zone so that Ukrainians can blow the russians sieging the city to hell.

GODDAMN. And people still had the GALL to doubt my claims of Russian brutality last page?

Add a NSFL tag to that though.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

GODDAMN. And people still had the GALL to doubt my claims of Russian brutality last page?

Add a NSFL tag to that though.
    YUPPIE, ima level with you. I appreciate your spirit, but shut the fuck up about nukes for a while, okay?

10+ Year Old Account

I have NO doubt anyone thought otherwise about the ultimate fate of the defenders, but a no-fly zone is not going to happen. Right now there's also some form of a cease-fire to let civilians escape. Will it hold? Will all civilians get out? I don't know, but yesterday 20 women and children got out unmolested. I haven't heard anything from the Ukrainians to the contrary so I assume they got to safety within Ukrainian controlled territory.

YUPPIE, ima level with you. I appreciate your spirit, but shut the fuck up about nukes for a while, okay?
    huh? This has nothing to do with nukes.

On the last page, I had a conversation about the Bucha massacre and various other war crimes such as this. People refused to believe what I said happened, thinking the brutality was being exaggerated. What I mentioned was mass torture, rape, and other war crimes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I have NO doubt anyone thought otherwise about the ultimate fate of the defenders, but a no-fly zone is not going to happen. Right now there's also some form of a cease-fire to let civilians escape. Will it hold? Will all civilians get out? I don't know, but yesterday 20 women and children got out unmolested. I haven't heard anything from the Ukrainians to the contrary so I assume they got to safety within Ukrainian controlled territory.
    And that is a black stain on our all of our souls that we have to take to the grave with us.

But hey, at least Germany got to guzzle on some cheap gas.

On the last page, I had a conversation about the Bucha massacre and various other war crimes such as this. People refused to believe what I said happened, thinking the brutality was being exaggerated. What I mentioned was mass torture, rape, and other war crimes like this.
    "People refused to believe what you said happened" because it is vastly untrue. You literally said that this was the "rape of nanking" times ten, which is absolutely objectively factually bullshit. Nobody denies russians are murdering people in cold blood but you REALLY REALLY REALLY need to stop with yout fucking hyperbole, exaggerations and your raging boner for nukes. You're by far the most obtuse and annoying person in this thread, and if i get banned for saying this, it's still better than reading your drivel here.

10+ Year Old Account

It's not that people refuse to believe it, it's the matter of scale you prattle on about.
    You said thousands. As in multiple. More than one.
    No one is arguing that shit isn't happening.
    Are people being raped, tortured and executed? Yes.
    Are OMG THOUSANDS BEING LINED UP IN THE STREETS TORTURED, EXECUTED, AND RAPED?
    No.
    It's a matter of quantity.
    Try decaf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    It's not that people refuse to believe it, it's the matter of scale you prattle on about.
    You said thousands. As in multiple. More than one.
    No one is arguing that shit isn't happening.
    Are people being raped, tortured and executed? Yes.
    Are OMG THOUSANDS BEING LINED UP IN THE STREETS TORTURED, EXECUTED, AND RAPED?
    No.
    It's a matter of quantity.
    Try decaf.
    The Ukraine civilian casualty rate is well over one million at least by now.

I'm not posting NSFL, but considering the absolute decimation of Bucha, do you think this is too hard to believe? That they would torture and murder in this excess?

The Russians are pure evil. That's why they've been referred to as orcs now and no one bats an eye about racism.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-05-01 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not posting NSFL, but considering the absolute decimation of Bucha, do you think this is too hard to believe? That they would torture and murder in this excess?
    So, you're saying the russians have been killing 16129 civilians on average per day? Seriously, get a grip.

The Russians are pure evil. That's why they've been referred to as orcs now and no one bats an eye about racism.
    Where do you get this bullshit from? Yes, there's thousands of civilian casualties, maybe even low tens of thousands. Why are you so fucking gullible and try to escalate everything? You are absolutely detached from reality. You don't have a fucking clue about anything that is going on. You're living in a fantasy world.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're fucking delusional. Absolutely bonkers out-of-touch-with-reality.

It's exceedingly unlikely that the civilian casualty rate in Ukraine is anywhere near 100k, let alone one million.

Good lord.

Get help.

Or a math tutor.

Or both.

Bucha had a population of ~40k. There have been 412 civilian deaths recorded in Bucha, according to its mayor.

That's horrible. It's mass casualties. But it's not "thousands", and it's not "absolute decimation".

What is wrong with you? Why do you feel the need to lie incessantly about things?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Ukraine isn't limited to just Bucha. The total civilian casualty rate, which doesn't just include deaths, but the people kidnapped, lost, or dislocated, is well over 1+ million.

And this isn't even accounting for the millions that safely or barely fled Ukraine.

There's no mention in this thread of Russia's activities in kidnapping Ukraine citizens (through the escape routes) and either indoctrinating them or selling them into human trafficking.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-05-01 at 08:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's best for everyone if we just stop engaging Tweek. That nonsense he has been spouting already cost me a ban. Just ignore the crap he posts and continue the topics previously discussed.
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2022-05-01 at 08:43 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account

Yes Nookz, we do think that's too hard to believe, you're going to need to show some support for it. Because the official Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights has a count for civilian deaths at just under 3000 with another 3500-ish injured. Is the true count likely higher than that? Yes, it most likely is, and it isn't going to get smaller the longer this goes on. Is it likely 'well over one million'? Almost impossible. You need to stop lying about the plight of people suffering in order to fit your favored narrative, it's frankly absolutely disgusting. These are actual people we're talking about.

Nobody (sane) is denying that the Russians are committing war crimes and that what they are doing is awful and wrong. We're just pointing out that what YOU are saying is outright false propaganda and we're perfectly capable of concluding that the Russian military is horrifying using only what is the most accurate information we have at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Yes Nookz, we do think that's too hard to believe, you're going to need to show some support for it. Because the official Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights has a count for civilian deaths at just under 3000 with another 3500-ish injured. Is the true count likely higher than that? Yes, it most likely is, and it isn't going to get smaller the longer this goes on. Is it likely 'well over one million'? Almost impossible. You need to stop lying about the plight of people suffering in order to fit your favored narrative, it's frankly absolutely disgusting. These are actual people we're talking about.

Nobody (sane) is denying that the Russians are committing war crimes and that what they are doing is awful and wrong. We're just pointing out that what YOU are saying is outright false propaganda and we're perfectly capable of concluding that the Russian military is horrifying using only what is the most accurate information we have at the moment.
    "displaced, lost, kidnapped."

casualty does not refer to just killed. And remember Russia is using mobile incinerators to hide their crimes. There's also new mass graves discovered every so often.