10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    That's a time honored thing to do in Russia/The Sovjet Union, isn't it? Blame the previous boss, Krushchev with Stalin, Yeltsin with Gorbachev, and Putin with everybody before him. (and all the others in between I can put in the right order, Andropov, Brezhnev, Tsjemenko etc.)
    It almost goes without saying that whoever comes after Putin will do "that guy did this" and likely both Russians and West will buy it or at least pretend to buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You should remind her of Trump's long history in film and television, he was an actor too.

And Ronald Reagan!
    I try but she listens to so much of the conspircy group stuff filling facebook.

Like another one that the US aid going to Ukraine in the form of money is going through the bank Biden has control over and all that money will just go into his pockets and not help ukraine at all
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    I try but she listens to so much of the conspircy group stuff filling facebook.

Like another one that the US aid going to Ukraine in the form of money is going through the bank Biden has control over and all that money will just go into his pockets and not help ukraine at all
    Big if true, someone should tell Zelensky!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, probably already knows. Is why hes getting so much physical military equipment instead. :P

But seriously. I'm not a fan of Biden or trump but damn if you can't see these conspiracy things from a mile away
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    (shudders in disbelief) I've tasted paving surfaces in winter that were more appealing.
    Well... salt is a flavor enhancer, you know.

"Zelensky is a crisis actor!"

(Pun very much intended.)

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh how nice, practically what I was saying just yesterday only this time said by Zelensky.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/rus/news/2022/05/3/7343831/

Bottom line - the win condition is getting Russia back to where it was February 24th and then negotiations. And Crimea of course being unlikely outcome.

Hope this will put the whole "surrender" nonsense to rest, unless Zelensky is a pro-Russian shill too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Oh how nice, practically what I was saying just yesterday only this time said by Zelensky.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/rus/news/2022/05/3/7343831/

Bottom line - the win condition is getting Russia back to where it was February 24th and then negotiations. And Crimea of course being unlikely outcome.

Hope this will put the whole "surrender" nonsense to rest, unless Zelensky is a pro-Russian shill too.
    ehm, pre-feb 24th is a Ukraine with donbas in its borders. Which is what everyone was telling you. Ukraine giving up Donbas is a surrender.

Once again your 'evidence' defeats your own argument.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    ehm, pre-feb 24th is a Ukraine with donbas in its borders. Which is what everyone was telling you. Ukraine giving up Donbas is a surrender.

Once again your 'evidence' defeats your own argument.
    24th Feb state is 24th Feb state.

Crimea as he pretty clearly states is not happening there and very likely neither are so called "republics". As I said time and again, best case scenario for Ukraine would be negotiations which may return these "republics" as autonomy within Ukraine and Crimea staying Russian, because it's reality.

Wake up and smell the roses. You have Zelensky literally telling you that open text and you still go on with some nonsense. I am literally telling you the above here for like weeks.

Down the road when Putin gets bumped off (my repeated guesstimate of 2-3 years) - Ukraine can revisit "republics" and Crimea and is more likely to have better position there. That is also the meaning behind Zelensky's "temporarily occupied" expression, for now Crimea is something that Ukraine will temporarily have to accept.

But right now - if they get to reset the whole thing back to Feb 24th state - it's a win and a monumental achievement.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2022-05-03 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unpossible! Zelensky can exert more control over banks than Biden! He's Jewish!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Crimea as he pretty clearly states is not happening there and very likely neither are so called "republics". As I said time and again, best case scenario for Ukraine would be negotiations which may return these "republics" as autonomy within Ukraine and Crimea staying Russian, because it's reality.

Wake up and smell the roses. You have Zelensky literally telling you that open text and you still go on with some nonsense. I am literally telling you the above here for like weeks.

Down the road when Putin gets bumped off (my repeated guesstimate of 2-3 years) - Ukraine can revisit "republics" and Crimea and is more likely to have better position there. That is also the meaning behind Zelensky's "temporarily occupied" expression, for now Crimea is something that Ukraine will temporarily have to accept.

But right now - if they get to reset the whole thing back to Feb 24th state - it's a win and a monumental achievement.
    Whenever the republics are Russian or Ukrainian by the time the dust settles, I don't doubt they will be battlegrounds between sympathizers of both sides, either overtly or covertly. Russia will also want a solution to the Crimea water situation if it all possible. Feels like this war's only the beginning of the region's troubles, or at least the end of the beginning if we mark 2014 as the start.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Whenever the republics are Russian or Ukrainian by the time the dust settles, I don't doubt they will be battlegrounds between sympathizers of both sides, either overtly or covertly. Russia will also want a solution to the Crimea water situation if it all possible. Feels like this war's only the beginning of the region's troubles, or at least the end of the beginning if we mark 2014 as the start.
    There will be a standoff for years to come for sure, after all they already had it for 8 years.

I believe long term Ukraine will come on top simply because Putin is not eternal and at some point Russia will be forced to cut its losses. Russia is no USSR and even the mighty USSR was brought low in time. Russia is not even half as powerful as what USSR was and is far less self sufficient as well.

I do think there will at the very least be some kind of shaky armistice sometime later this year, but I have no doubt there will be violations right and left.

I feel very confident in saying that Ukraine considered the Donbas a part of Ukraine on Feb 24th.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I feel very confident in saying that Ukraine considered the Donbas a part of Ukraine on Feb 24th.
    I feel very confident that if Zelensky would mean state of 2014, he'd go ahead and say so.

As it looks now, even Feb 24th state is not exactly in the bag, let alone any dreams of retaking Donetsk/Lugansk any time soon. But at the very least the target of Feb 24th is a condition that still could be attained, as opposed of 2014 state which is a pie in the sky at the moment.

https://twitter.com/Arslon_Xudosi/st...07988414406658

lol parking a battalions worth of trucks in artillery range

It's really surprising/interesting how doctrinally and technologically superior the west has shown itself to be to Russia. Nobody knew it at the time, but NATO really had 0 to fear from the USSR from the mid-late 70s on, beyond its nuclear deterrent, (at least in terms of its actual capabilities of attacking/beating NATO).

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    It's really surprising/interesting how doctrinally and technologically superior the west has shown itself to be to Russia.
    This shouldn't be a surprise. Russia is a super corrupt auto/kleptocracy. They don't manufacture almost anything high tech themselves. They simply assemble parts together that come from the west or asia. And then the end product is just an inferior version of what the west has for example. Not much has changed since the days of the USSR.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    It's really surprising/interesting how doctrinally and technologically superior the west has shown itself to be to Russia. Nobody knew it at the time, but NATO really had 0 to fear from the USSR from the mid-late 70s on, beyond its nuclear deterrent, (at least in terms of its actual capabilities of attacking/beating NATO).
    Really, Russia convincing the world they had a modern, well trained, well equipped traditional military worth being concerned over might be the biggest Russian accomplishment of the past half century+.

Russia is confirmed down 600 tanks now, and almost 3400 vehicles in total. Early on we were told there was no way Russia was loosing 10 tanks a day. Turns out they really were.

And that is just confirmed losses. Ukraine is claiming it is actually 1000 tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    https://twitter.com/Arslon_Xudosi/st...07988414406658

lol parking a battalions worth of trucks in artillery range
    I guess the conscripts were cheaper than camo nets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, Russia convincing the world they had a modern, well trained, well equipped traditional military worth being concerned over might be the biggest Russian accomplishment of the past half century+.
    It's not really an accomplishment, though, because Russian leadership was fooled as well.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils