From CNN's tracker (so the link is irrelevant sorry):

The Ukrainian armed forces say the Russians have had "no success" with efforts to break through front lines in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions over the past 24 hours.

In its operational update for Thursday, the General Staff said: "Lyman, Severodonetsk and Popasna areas. The enemy units are trying to conduct offensive operations; no success."

Attacks repelled: All three cities are on the frontlines of a multi-pronged Russian offensive to seize the Donetsk and Luhansk regions. The General Staff said a total of 11 attacks had been repulsed.

Some Russian soldiers had refused to take part in further hostilities, according to the General Staff.

"A number of servicemen of the 38th Separate Motorized Rifle Brigade of the 35th All-Military Army of the Eastern Military District, after being taken to the recovery area, refused to continue participating in hostilities in Ukraine due to significant personnel losses," it said.

CNN is unable to verify such a claim and the General Staff provided no further details.
    Emphasis mine.

We're also seeing reports explaining why and how Russia has lost so many tanks: they're not breaking them on purpose. Not necessarily to keep them from falling into Ukraine hands, although I suspect that's part of it. No, we're getting reports of Russian breaking their own tanks, so they don't have to go to the front.

We might also know a new factor leading to low morale. Russia is stealing Ukrainian grain, hundreds of thousands of tons of it. You don't steal grain because you're trying to deNazify. You steal grain because you're starving and broke.

And finally, we have confirmation Russia will declare war on May 9.

"Hey, that article says Russia denies this!"

Like I said, confirmation. Russia has lied about everything else, why would this be different?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    In response to the highlighted, here's a thought for you: USSR was an empire, RF is not really. The sooner Russians understand where their place is, and start trying to compete with Canada instead of USA, the better for Russians and for everyone else.
    *shrug* Plenty of Russians seem to buy into "great destiny" for Russia. We'll see how it will play out, "nuclear backstop" makes it hard for any fall to be terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Try that sentence again please, I can't make anything out of it.
    The Ukrainians rebels need to be liberated from the West, even if it kills them.

I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    You know west is an entity. You are west, they are west, everybody is west
    But since the earth is a globe, isn't Russia also west if you go west far enough?

Does that not mean that if the war in Ukraine is the west's fault, it's Russia's fault since they're west?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Try that sentence again please, I can't make anything out of it.
    "West has nothing (extra) to offer to China/India but threats, unlike Russia".
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2022-05-05 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    But since the earth is a globe, isn't Russia also west if you go west far enough?

Does that not mean that if the war in Ukraine is the west's fault, it's Russia's fault since they're west?
    oke. Be ready to lose vladvistok, and the amur region and kamchatka

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    "West has nothing (extra) to offer to China/India but threats, unlike Russia".
    What does Russia have to offer that the west doesn’t?

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I wish for you to remove that cunt from the forums then.
    It'll take more than calling me that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    oke. Be ready to lose vladvistok, and the amur region and kamchatka
    Biden promised for Russia to return back to 19th century... For reference, Alaska was sold to US in 1867; Poles can also get worried.

Biden promised for Russia to return back to 19th century... For reference, Alaska was sold to US in 1867.
    if you believe that shit.. jesus christ. you are a lost soul.

Biden promised for Russia to return back to 19th century... For reference, Alaska was sold to US in 1867; Poles can also get worried.
    He wasn’t talking about territory genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    It'll take more than calling me that.
    Was referring to Shillcker.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Somehow I'm not too worried about the Russian military taking back Alaska. Honestly, between the terrain up there and the small Nat. Guard/armed local presence I don't think the US would even need to send any additional support.

Apparently Putin apologized over Lavrov's bullshit about Hitler having Jewish blood in today's call to PM. Guess they did not lose all their marbles just yet. I knew they'd shut the fuck up and drop it, it was just one fuckup too many and completely unnecessary too.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What does Russia have to offer that the west doesn’t?
    Resources and technology - last one particularly important to India as West, unlike Russia, refused many of their "local production" demands.

*shrug* Plenty of Russians seem to buy into "great destiny" for Russia. We'll see how it will play out, "nuclear backstop" makes it hard for any fall to be terminal.
    I like how you say that like it’s supposed to be a good thing for Russia.

Russians having a national psyche that still haven’t adjusted to the reduced status of their country is causing Russia long term damage it’ll feel for decades to come.

Resources and technology - last one particularly important to India as West, unlike Russia, refused many of their "local production" demands.
    Roflmao. Yeah, you really should check the news if you think Russia has more tech and resources to offer that anyone wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Apparently Putin apologized over Lavrov's bullshit about Hitler having Jewish blood in today's call to PM. Guess they did not lose all their marbles just yet. I knew they'd shut the fuck up and drop it, it was just one fuckup too many and completely unnecessary too.
    First one already was quite equivocal ("if i'm not mistaken" by Lavrov and all).

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I like how you say that like it’s supposed to be a good thing for Russia.

Russians having a national psyche that still haven’t adjusted to the reduced status of their country is causing Russia long term damage it’ll feel for decades to come.
    Yeah, he’s basically in 1940s Germany talking about how everyone loves the Nazi ideology. It’s an interesting stance to take. I guess we’ll see how it works out over the course of the coming months and years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Roflmao. Yeah, you really should check the news if you think Russia has more tech and resources to offer that anyone wants.
    Russia has resources that modern world needs; and with West hogging up best "alternatives to Russia" they aren't left with a lot of choice in that regard.

They aren't going to sign up to your anti-Russian "suicide pact" at their own expense.