10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    brave russian pilot here : https://twitter.com/markito0171/stat...55580409044995

hopefully he gets shot down prick
    All the people who were used to nice sanitised footage of precision bomb guidance systems, night vision flashes of tracer fire, and grainy satellite images of bomb craters presented on power point, now getting to see that war is actually quite scary.

people fighting and dying for their homes right now and the best you can come up with 'is 'doesn't effect me oh well'
    alot of americans are already on the side of dont even sanction russia because gas prices will go up

similar to ww2 only like 3% of americans supported getting involved in ww2, fdr was a political genius to get americans on board with helping the allies before americans were officially in the war even though they still had so many struggles at home from the great depression. https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/docu...-platform-1940 the 1940 republican platform is basically the maga platform to
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2022-02-24 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Give me just one example of country, that wasn't robbed and ruined, when trying to bring western "democracy" to it? Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Livia, Syria? Do you realize, that USA is pirate of 21st century country, that prospers via robbing 3rd world countries? And that's it's all about military contracts? But what if there wouldn't be any enemies to beat? If there are no enemies - they should be created.
    They're going to have a tenfold increase in contracts after this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    alot of americans are already on the side of dont even sanction russia because gas prices will go up

similar to ww2 only like 3% of americans supported getting involved in ww2, fdr was a political genius to get americans on board with helping the allies before americans were officially in the war even though they still had so many struggles at home from the great depression
    Those people Left or Right would be called Trumpsters and fuck them!

I'll Pay $7.00 a Gallon and fucking pay for delivery rather than put a dime in Russian infrastructure.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    The only thing I don't get why do this if he claims he doesn't want to occupy Ukraine. The moment Russians leave, they'll throw out whoever is in charge and install pro-Western government.

But then again, he's a liar so...
    Yes, but he will have shown he can and will smash Ukraine. The present government will dissappear or fall out of windows, the new ones will not dare to go against Russia and neither the EU not NATO will want a member whose admission can launch another Russian invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    why not just assassinate putin? There is an immense amount of civil dissent in Russia right now over this compared to what I imagined of them all worshipping Putin.
    And who will do the assissination?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Yes, but he will have shown he can and will smash Ukraine. The present government will dissappear or fall out of windows, the new ones will not dare to go against Russia and neither the EU not NATO will want a member whose admission can launch another Russian invasion.
    If Putin backs off in a couple days, then I'll agree here...that this was more a punitive exercise.
    Maybe just because Ukraine refused to join Putin's "Eurasian Economic Union."

brave russian pilot here : https://twitter.com/markito0171/stat...55580409044995

hopefully he gets shot down prick
    Plenty of BUK-M1 and some decently modernized S-300PS to go up their... engines.

With regards to Russia, Nikita Khrushchev

10+ Year Old Account
    Russian forces are literally trying to capture the Chernobyl plant as we speak.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Give me just one example of country, that wasn't robbed and ruined, when trying to bring western "democracy" to it? Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Livia, Syria? Do you realize, that USA is pirate of 21st century country, that prospers via robbing 3rd world countries? And that's it's all about military contracts? But what if there wouldn't be any enemies to beat? If there are no enemies - they should be created.
    This is a pretty bad argument. Ukraine is a democratic country with a decent economy and european lifestyle. Not a 3rd world country ruled by a religious dictatorship. The West, as you call them, is not trying to bring western democracy. It has been in place for many years already, and ukrainians were quite happy with it.

The real threat to Russia was not that Nato would bring weapons close to Russia. The real threat is that a neighboring 'former USSR' country could prosper under a real democratic governance, while Russia's population would be in a dire state because of their leaders stealing all their money. Obviously, they can't allow that so close to them!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Was the West trying to make Ukraine a democracy? Is that why Putin just had to invade the country?
    I just try to say, that USA's way of making profit from wars - is to destabilize situation in world via making fake enemies and then "beating" them, while spending taxes on military contracts. Do you understand, that western Ukraine was paid for attacking eastern one and holding it as hostage for 8 years in order to blackmail Russia? If Russia would defend this territories from wiping - it would be treated as "attacking Ukraine" and making Russia evil. And yesterday USA achieved, what they wanted. They started to pump weapons to western Ukraine to encourage it to attack eastern one, while knowing, that Russia won't let them do it. But don't you thing, that while it's ok to rob 3rd world countries, it's a little bit precipitately to try to do the same with nuclear country?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    And who will do the assassination?
    there are dime a dozen contract killers in the world, government-affiliated or not, that exist to put down bastards like this. Sniper to the head? This is not just asking a random civilian to take up arms.

I thought the US was great at covert foreign intervention.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Do you understand, that western Ukraine was paid for attacking eastern one and holding it as hostage for 8 years in order to blackmail Russia?
    Do you understand, that you're spouting absolute horseshit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Western markets lost about 2%. Slight difference
    Eh, I don't have the absolute values in hand, but I would suspect that the entirety of MOEX (Moscow Stock Exchange) trades less on a daily basis than TSLA on an average day. The dollar flow is absolutely incomparable, which makes these 40% jumps understandable.

there are dime a dozen contract killers in the world, government-affiliated or not, that exist to put down bastards like this. Sniper to the head? This is not just asking a random civilian to take up arms. I thought the US was great at covert foreign intervention.
    Show us all how it's done.

there are dime a dozen contract killers in the world, government-affiliated or not, that exist to put down bastards like this. Sniper to the head? This is not just asking a random civilian to take up arms.

It's one thing to kill someone like Soleimani, it's another thing to kill someone like Putin. And what would it change? Putin would be replaced by Putin 2.0 or even worse, Russia wouldn't become a democratic and respectful country because you suppress the fascist in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Show us all how it's done.
    the US should. It has the CIA, after all, one of the most terrifying agencies in the world.

I'm in disbelief right now over Biden committing to his all-hands-off approach. Send in troops, assassins, anything past sending dinky guns...don't just watch and say it's bad.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

My top guess would be that killing the leader of the aggressors would only make things around 20 times worse. If you think Putin is the only one in Russia who'd want to make it "great again", think again. The power vacuum would only result in establishin a more militaristic regime with even less self restraint. And now with a very clear reason to drop all pretenses, since a foreign nation has just assassinated their president, duh.

10+ Year Old Account
    the US should. It has the CIA, after all, one of the most terrifying agencies in the world.

I'm in disbelief right now over Biden committing to his all-hands-off approach. Send in troops, assassins, anything past sending dinky guns...don't just watch and say it's bad.
    FSB is way scarier than the CIA. FSB are very public in their assassinations, because they like to press that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Do you understand, that you're spouting absolute horseshit?
    Yeah, Russia is now evil due to defending eastern Ukraine and it's western territories from artificially made ultra-radical nazis. Now it needed to be "beaten". But don't you think, that it's a little bit dangerous to play with fire via trying to "beat" nuclear country?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.