7+ Year Old Account
    @Easo I think Russia certainly suffered setbacks, and yes I do agree that they likely had a high aim with that air assault. We clear don't have a good picture of what is going on there.

But such is war. They have achieved success but Ukraine has not crumbled...yet.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I really wish Germany would decide and declare which side they are on.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    @Easo I think Russia certainly suffered setbacks, and yes I do agree that they likely had a high aim with that air assault. We clear don't have a good picture of what is going on there.

But such is war. They have achieved success but Ukraine has not crumbled...yet.
    If most of the big cities along the border and the whole situation in southern front around Herson/east towards Mariupol still holds by Monday - maybe we can expect a miracle of ceasefire/negotiations. IF. MAYBE.
    Next 3 days will probably make or break it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    On their own, no one else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    If most of the big cities along the border and the whole situation in southern frond around Herson still holds by Monday - maybe we can expect a miracle of ceasefire/negotiations. IF. MAYBE.
    Next 3 days will probably make or break it.
    I believe it would be nothing short of a miracle if that happened. The sanctions wouldn't go away and I think Putin has made his call that he is going all in on this one with no turning back.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2022-02-24 at 10:36 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    On their own, no one else's.
    Yeah, sadly it seems that no matter how many things change, they cannot be trusted. Im almost afraid of them stabbing nato in the back.

Haven't heard of Anonymous is years but at least some of them have popped up to say they are in a cyberwar against Russia.

I believe it would be nothing short of a miracle if that happened. The sanctions wouldn't go away and I think Putin has made his call that he is going all in on this one with no turning back.
    If judging by his speech upon starting the war and only by it - this is until the end, when everything, including Lwiw, is taken. The scale would seem to prove it too.
    But there are some buts in all this and he is not stupid. In the end it really does not matter what the average Russian will want or think, what Kremlin will decide, will go, including stopping this madness, just blah blah afterwards about all targets achieved repeatedly on state TV.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's a Tzar, after all.

Why did Zelensky wait so much to announce general mobilization? Why wouldn't he ban leaving the country earlier?

You are doing these things from the start, not when you are about to lose.

Russia has confirmed one of its An-26 transports has gone down. They are saying it went down near Ukraine due to equipment failure and all crew have died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sadly it seems that no matter how many things change, they cannot be trusted. Im almost afraid of them stabbing nato in the back.
    Dude what -.- Why would Germany Betray NATO

Looks like Russia has a hard time in Ukraine though! All though i expect both sides to lie alot about what is really going on. No way they lost that little each side so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Russia has confirmed one of its An-26 transports has gone down. They are saying it went down near Ukraine due to equipment failure and all crew have died.
    So Russia is killing its own troops with equipment failures? That's wild.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ELINTNews...80444868493316

Ukrainian President Zelensky: “The enemy’s sabotage forces have entered the capital. Me and my family are remaining”

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Dude what -.- Why would Germany Betray NATO
    One can easily say that by not doing their own homework, they already have.
    Literally no European leader is as responsible for the military weakness of Western Europe as Merkel lol

Obama practically begged her to spend more on defence. Macron tried to push "strategic autonomy" multiple times. Merkel said nein because of money
    And the fact that there are rats like Gerhard Schroeder....

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-GR View Post
    Again.. can you name me ONE country of NATO where the US does not have a military base?
    Well, how about: Denmark, France, Canada, Czech Republic?

Although Russia's action might cause them to reconsider.

So, the misinformation campaigns are progressing as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Literally no European leader is as responsible for the military weakness of Western Europe as Merkel lol

Obama practically begged her to spend more on defence. Macron tried to push "strategic autonomy" multiple times. Merkel said nein because of money
    Didn't they want to create their own EU military alliance seperate from NATO?

Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    Didn't they want to create their own EU military alliance seperate from NATO?
    France has always been on this and Germany has said something to that effect. But stating things is cheap.

Germany has no functional military. They gave up their domestic energy generation capabilities. Shy of being a bannable statement, the Germans are... peculiar nation, let's put it that way.

FIY if/when Russia comes for Baltics/Poland - I fully expect shivving.

But they donated helmets!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no, spare a thought for Serbian war criminals.
    No difference between them and the Russian separatists. They've in fact reinforced eachother in the 90s and are doing so in present-day Ukraine. Most notably, Igor Strelkov participated in ethnic cleansing in the 90s and was one of the separatist leaders in 2014.

What a ridiculous notion. What on Earth makes you think they would betray NATO?

It's also slightly irrelevant to the topic at hand, because at the moment NATO isn't even involved. Ukraine is not a NATO member, therefore this invasion doesn't trigger any of NATO's protocols. The question isn't whether Germany will betray NATO (which is a patently absurd idea regardless), but whether they (or anyone else) will choose to intervene on Ukraine's behalf. Now, if someone does come to Ukraine's aid militarily, that may result in others joining them, but unless NATO as a whole decides to join the fray it's all up to individual nations to make that decision on their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

And we still have not needed military strength, European countries only missuse it anyway. good riddance.

Stockpilling nukes is the only answer, as Ukraine has shown.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2022-02-24 at 11:23 PM.