Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia...schwarzenegger

Russia has made a powerful enemy today: Arnold Schwarzenegger.
    It appears that Russia want Fort Ross in Sonoma back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You think I need a source to show that manufacturing and material costs don’t differ wildly when you know what’s being used? Seriously?
    If you're claiming to support a price tag of $50+ million for a Russian Kinzhal missile, then sure.

Shouldn't be difficult, right?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

You think I need a source to show that manufacturing and material costs don’t differ wildly when you know what’s being used? Seriously?
    Electronics have a pretty wild supply chain.

You should look up a video called "what would it cost to make an iphone in america" by economics explained.

They have a pretty big price range for something that is a known commodity. Now you are talking about military hardware that has all these additional constraints.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Your naive if you think that, if any nation launched a nuke at another, they could guarantee a response from others.

If Russia were to nuke Ukraine, you can kiss Russia goodbye.
    There is zero reason for anyone to nuke Russia if they drop a bomb in Ukraine. Zero.
    Why would Pakistan do it? Or China? Or Israel? Or any of the three Western powers? Why?

10+ Year Old Account
    I never made that claim. I said experts can estimate costs of this kind of tech pretty easily. And if I DID have those sources I couldn’t provide them.
    So you're just blowing hot air. Gotcha.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    There is zero reason for anyone to nuke Russia if they drop a bomb in Ukraine. Zero.
    Why would Pakistan do it? Or China? Or Israel? Or any of the three Western powers? Why?
    for the sake of humanity
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

I think the dangers of Hyper-sonic weapons might be a little exaggerated. Yes they go very fast. But that speed comes at a price. it can't maneuver without sacrificing a significant portion of it's range due to the immense drag present on the object. A hypersonic missile launched at great distance can still be detected.

And thus it can be relatively easily intercepted with much slower missiles, because it can't change it's projected route to much otherwise it'll be unable to reach it's target. An object traveling at Mach 10 through bad weather or heavy clouds take significant damage from the water droplets. The US has been working on weapons designed to spread "clouds" specifically for countering hypersonic missiles. They haven't released any public information about these kind of counter measures and they won't until long after it's existence has become public knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Roflmao. The fact that you think it’s difficult to figure out the cost of military equipment is pretty hilarious.
    The fact that you think it's easy to figure out a foreign country's production cost of cutting edge military equipment is what's hilarious.

We're not talking mass produced, decades-old equipment that's sold to a number of other countries.

Also, if it's easy, then you should be able to quote a price estimate and source that data, right?

We'll wait.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    *useless strawman*
    So I guess that's a "no" on you having anything to support your statement, eh? Not surprised.

More hot air.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Besides the fact that they just dropped a nuke on Ukraine after threatening the same to others?...

Yeah, if I am armed with my gun at the ready and a robber threatens to shoot me and then shoots a guy in front of me, best bet I'm putting a bullet in that mans head before he does the same to me. Especially after he has already let it slip that he plans on robbing more people after he is done here and it isn't just "One Last Job" like in the movies.

If Russia sends the first nuke, it will be receiving many more in response.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

You think experts don’t know cost vs markup? Seriously?
    This has literally nothing to do with the point I am making.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

What will happen in the foreseeable future: the sanction toll and civil unrest will be too great for Putin to handle. On top of this, Putin is losing too much in Ukraine. In an attempt to de-escalate the turmoil in his dystopian kingdom, he will launch a nuclear warhead towards Kyiv, killing everyone there. In his country, where information is thoroughly controlled and oppressed, Putin will proclaim to his people that the Ukrainians were attempting to launch a nuke at Russia but failed and destroyed themselves, winning him unanimous support.

After that, Putin will warn the West this is the reality of opposing him and to settle down and restore their economic relations. What ensues after this, I do not know.

But this is what I see happening, without a doubt, with the situation as it is.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    What will happen in the foreseeable future: the sanction toll and civil unrest will be too great for Putin to handle. On top of this, Putin is losing too much in Ukraine. In an attempt to de-escalate the turmoil in his dystopian kingdom, he will launch a nuclear warhead towards Kyiv, killing everyone there. In his country, where information is thoroughly controlled and oppressed, Putin will proclaim to his people that the Ukrainians were attempting to launch a nuke at Russia but failed and destroyed themselves, winning him unanimous support.

After that, Putin will warn the West this is the reality of opposing him and to settle down and restore their economic relations. What ensues after this, I do not know.

You should learn to write better apocalyptic fan-fiction, kid.

0/10; Would Not Recommend.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I can't imagine any circumstance that economic relations would be mended after a nuke. The West is tolerating him to avoid the nuke. There is no reason to play nice once he throws down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't understand why people keep responding to the OP. Writing shit like that should give you a sweater with extra long sleeves, so you can keep hugging yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I can't imagine any circumstance that economic relations would be mended after a nuke. The West is tolerating him to avoid the nuke. There is no reason to play nice once he throws down.
    Because by the logic of the other person: It wasn't directed at the West, and that we will never go to war over Ukraine's destruction. And he has the threat leverage in that he is evidently not messing around and just showed it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    So you want Ukraine to turn into Vietnam or Afghanistan, you have a funny definition of "victory".
    You're saying that's not the case for you, but for many people and for most Ukrainians it's better to turn into an Afghanistan but eventually in the future win despite great costs, than to surrender and become slaves morally.

Their choice is between economically shitty and ethically shitty outcomes, and they're already in the shitter economically - why are you suggesting they should go for the double shit choice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

On the matter of the Russian article revealing 10000 dead, the article still exists. All that has changed is that the casualty numbers have been edited out.

Could it have been a hack? Possibly, but it would mean the hacker would have gained access to the systems and decided to make a minor change to just one article and not do anything more prominent, like changing the title of the article. So either it was genuine or it was the most subtle hack ever.

Because by the logic of the other person: It wasn't directed at the West, and that we will never go to war over Ukraine's destruction. And he has the threat leverage in that he is evidently not messing around and just showed it.
    Using a nuclear weapon in Europe, on a major population center is an collective attack on NATO.

Radiation gets into the food chain, water supply. It is carried by the wind, cancer rates will spike, child mortality rates increase.

Killing a few hundred thousand Ukrainians also means killing direct relatives of Russians, brothers, uncleas, grandparents. Also the Ukrainians do not have nuclear weapons.

And if they could have them...they aren't fucking firing it from an urban center.

Dude ...you have some weird fetishes. Poorly thought out too

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Using a nuclear weapon in Europe, on a major population center is an collective attack on NATO.

Radiation gets into the food chain, water supply. It is carried by the wind, cancer rates will spike, child mortality rates increase.

Killing a few hundred thousand Ukrainians also means killing direct relatives of Russians, brothers, uncleas, grandparents. Also the Ukrainians do not have nuclear weapons.

And if they could have them...they aren't fucking firing it from an urban center.
    putin does not care about all that. He only cares for himself.