7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    How's that? By praying for swift Russian victory since day 1 of the invasion? Ring any bells? Yup, sounds very difficult for Russia, for their targets to roll over and surrender immediately.
    Well you better start praying Ukraine has a bunch of puddles, because just like those in Mariupol are drinking puddle water to survive so will quite a few other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Your end comment is just sheer stupidity. No one is enjoying this, regardless if we disagree with you.
    The way many people post around here and other places is as if this is pure entertainment. Especially for the great keyboard warriors.

It isn't.

Edit: Keep in mind that one of Russias demands is the demilitarization of Ukraine, how do you figure out that we'll have years to arm Ukraine?
    Hence compromise, or where did I suggest Ukraine give Russia everything it wanted.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2022-03-23 at 01:33 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Well you better start praying Ukraine has a bunch of puddles, because just like those in Mariupol are drinking puddle water to survive so will quite a few other places.
    I think carrying water is a task you're more qualified at. You could carry water literally (rather than figuratively for Russia) for those people whom you pretended to care about, so much so that you were willing to surrender Ukraine for them immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    I think carrying water is a task you're more qualified at. You could carry water literally (rather than figuratively for Russia) for those people whom you pretended to care about, so much so that you were willing to surrender Ukraine for them immediately.
    I have given aid to Ukrainian refugees in real life and am looking at housing some of them since me and my girlfriend have the space for it ( would have done so already but our families don't want to).

But don't let me stop you there.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2022-03-23 at 01:38 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

The way many people post around here and other places is as if this is pure entertainment. Especially for the great keyboard warriors.

It isn't.

Hence compromise, or where did I suggest Ukraine give Russia everything it wanted.
    Pure entertainment? Like suggesting few years peace, with Russia not bending down on a demilitarization of Ukraine yet want us to arm them? See an issue here?

No one thinks this is pure entertainment, war is shit, your silly comparisons as if you're some super expert on the matter is hilarious tho. Quick call Zelensky and advice him on what to do, jesus christ.

Btw still waiting on where you got the intel, that NATO will run out of Stingers and Javelins, before Russia runs out of shit to target them at. You're surely not some armchair general, who base his knowledge on guessing and not facts, right?
    Last edited by Crispin; 2022-03-23 at 01:41 PM.

I have given aid to Ukrainian refugees in real life and am looking at housing some of them since me and my girlfriend have the space for it ( would have done so already but our families don't want to).

if you do, be sure to ask them if they think their countrymen should stop fighting.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    @Crispin Let me know when Russia's military collapses, should be any day now right? I mean that's what the great minds on social media are saying.

if you do, be sure to ask them if they think their countrymen should stop fighting.
    @Gorsameth Many of them want this to end as swiftly as possible. They would obviously prefer if they wiped Russia out obviously, but Ukraine is not going to be able to do that, and yes they do know that. Zelensky has a lot of bravado ( if he didn't Ukraine would collapse overnight ), mothers with young children that walked for dozens of miles don't feel the same ( shocking I know ).

Frankly from what I've personally heard quite a few are praying for a miracle military solution: The NFZ calls are a representation of that for instance.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2022-03-23 at 01:50 PM.

@Crispin Let me know when Russia's military collapses, should be any day now right? I mean that's what the great minds on social media are saying.
    What a random thing to say. How the heck should I know when they'll collapse? Still waiting on your sources for the NATO running out of Javelins etc.

I'm sure they're greatfull for the colored card that says "Accept Russias terms in full, return home. Ps. send a check for ending the war for ya".

Don't let me stop you either. I know what you've been after. My prayers have partly been answered, much to your ire and frustration; Ukraine didn't immediately bend over and ask Ruski senpais how many freebies they want, and what else they can offer as service to their new overlords.

And at the rate things are going, they won't be having Ruski overlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    So because there's a limit to what kind of weapons we'll deliver, NATO countries should be fearful of Russia? Sound logic mate. There's a difference on provoking a war with Russia, and beeing superior in one.

And wtf does a occupation against insurgents have to potential war with Russia?

Where do you compare NATO military stocks vs Russian?

Your end comment is just sheer stupidity. No one is enjoying this, regardless if we disagree with you.

Edit: Keep in mind that one of Russias demands is the demilitarization of Ukraine, how do you figure out that we'll have years to arm Ukraine?

The more you post the more you show how clueless you are about the area and how you see these conflicts as video games rts stuff.
    HAhahaha I got 5 tanks you got 5 but surely my palbrofriends on the other side of the earth will send in time another 5 tanks so I have more than you . I can't be afraid your 5 tanks blow up my house and kill my family anymore . GG Well played no re.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    And what you gonna do about it?

Reality is a bitch. That's why I'm saying that no matter how much Ukraine protests - Crimea goes to Russia, simply because they can do nothing about that one, for instance.

Right now Ukraine needs to work hard to minimize the damage they will sustain both outside and inside these negotiations. Some things are easily given up, others will be a sacrifice.

Russia will also not get 100% of what it wants, so the compromise is there. They will meet somewhere in the middle.
    No, fuck that bullshit. Russia can get the fuck out of a country that isn't theirs. You want compromise? The compromise is that the rest of the world will ease up on the god damn sanctions. THAT'S the only compromise they can expect.

If I invade your backyard with the intention of stealing your whole property, are you going to let me keep your backyard, or are you not going to stop until I'm back on my side of the fence?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess with all these sanctions I have to rename my cat Vladipurr.
    Any suggestions? Chairman Meow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I guess with all these sanctions I have to rename my cat Vladipurr.
    Any suggestions? Chairman Meow?
    Volodypurr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    The more you post the more you show how clueless you are about the area and how you see these conflicts as video games rts stuff.
    HAhahaha I got 5 tanks you got 5 but surely my palbrofriends on the other side of the earth will send in time another 5 tanks so I have more than you . I can't be afraid your 5 tanks blow up my house and kill my family anymore . GG Well played no re.
    Can you try typing it out as an adult, hopefully it'll make sense then.

Reportedly, Russian journalists have noted that Defense Minister Shoigu hasn't been seen in public since March 11. He may just be keeping a low profile, but given Putin must be looking for scapegoats, one never knows.

7+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: Was going to exactly what Corvus had but no point to duplicate.

Could just be health issues but yeah wouldn't necessarily be surprised over a purge. The great military plan didn't go exactly as hoped.

IIRC Shoigu was installed after the previous minister, Serdyukov, was brought down after engaging in significant reforms that many of the regular brass in the deeply corrupt Russian military did not appreciate ( since he wanted to fire a lot of officers ), in fact they really despised him for it. So Shoigu was an appeasement to them.

Putin is probably done appeasing the corruption, and heads have been rolling for weeks now after the failure in the first few days.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2022-03-23 at 02:26 PM.

Although not war related Russia has declared an interest in hosting Euro 2028 or 2032.

https://twitter.com/LBCNews/status/1...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Utterly delusional!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Reportedly, Russian journalists have noted that Defense Minister Shoigu hasn't been seen in public since March 11. He may just be keeping a low profile, but given Putin must be looking for scapegoats, one never knows.
    Polonium tea is generally bad for one's health

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a strawman, most on social media are actually saying the Russian army is having major morale and logistics problems, not that it's going to collapse any day. Plus the term "collapse" is a poor one to use since it's subjective. It has definitely not been going well with masses of abandoned equipment and troops that bailed, high losses, inability to gain air superiority, expired rations, slow advance, etc. That's not collapse, but it's given the world a completely new perspective on the state of the Russian military.

As more evidence of that, the only tank production plant in Russia just shut down due to parts shortages due to sanctions. This week Russia used anti-ship missiles against land targets, not exactly an efficient use and another sign of dwindling stockpiles. In a lopsided war like this the goal for Ukraine isn't to completely wipe out Russia head-on, obviously that's not really possible. It's more like Vietnam; make the invasion and occupation so costly and painful for the enemy that they leave. And 1 month into the war Ukraine has been very successful towards that end, far more than anyone expected. For Russia 10k troop deaths/month, abysmal military morale, and billions of rubles in equipment lost/used, is not a sustainable for a long-term war sanctions aside. I do expect Russia to try to shift strategy to have more success, we'll see how that goes over the next few weeks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    I do expect Russia to try to shift strategy to have more success, we'll see how that goes over the next few weeks.
    They already have based on the fact they are digging trenches near Kiev, laying mines, abandoned their push on Odessa and redeploying a lot of troops to the east.

The russian military leadership should have known their initial plan had failed in the first 2-3 days, but kept it going for almost a month by feeding units into the fighting, it wasn't enough to win and they didn't have ready reserves ready.

As more evidence of that, the only tank production plant in Russia just shut down due to parts shortages due to sanctions. This week Russia used anti-ship missiles against land targets, not exactly an efficient use and another sign of dwindling stockpiles.
    This claim is based on the Ukrainian government, which doesn't have the best track record. Regardless Russia won't run out tanks anytime soon. Russia may have limited stocks of Precision Guided Missiles but they do have vast stocks of other munition types that aren't going to run out anytime soon.

It's just those other munitions are going to cause significantly higher collateral damage.

It's more like Vietnam; make the invasion and occupation so costly and painful for the enemy that they leave
    Possibly, although in Vietnam the US wasn't willing to march on Hanoi due to the fears of a Chinese invasion. They didn't want the Korean War 2.0.

There won't be a NATO military intervention in Ukraine and Russia is not operating under significant restrictions as the US was in Vietnam. Military planers in the US did know, and said as much behind closed doors, that it wouldn't work to stop South Vietnam from collapsing even before they had sent in ground troops, but McNamara and Johnson didn't want to hear it.

Wonder what the situation is in Russia. The generals may have assumed that they were going to roll over Ukraine, and told Putin that only for them to discover that they could never take Ukraine with their initial plan.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2022-03-23 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Polonium tea is generally bad for one's health
    Probably just slipped on the stairs. It happens, ice and all.