10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    can you link an investigation proving this

2014 articles lol
    Show me official results of investigation to that end then. That's the claim from which we started; you keep dodging it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Here is Ukraine allegedly using flechettes in Donetsk cluster bombs:
    https://news.yahoo.com/surgeons-ukra...205747600.html

That is going to be the end of this particular thread from my side; if you want to find and look through actual types of shells used by Ukraine to prove it wrong be my guest.
    Wait...did you check the year on that?

Surely 8 years is enough for their to be formal investigations following this incident, no? You used to be better at this, Shalcker.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess denying the Holocaust or the Killing fields is okay on this forums. Probably will get me banned again, unlike people actually doing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait...did you check the year on that?

Surely 8 years is enough for their to be formal investigations following this incident, no? You used to be better at this, Shalcker.
    It’s because he used to be able operate on levels of vague unknowability that Russia prefers to operate in, with a big dose of moral relativism heaped on top to create this sort of cycle of whataboutism that let him prattle on about an awful little for an awful long time.

But this? This is shit Russia is doing or failing at that’s on blast to the world, that the world has come out unequivocally against. He can’t pretend it didn’t happen, or that there’s any moral grayness here, at any level where anyone buys what he’s saying. Russias word is dirt, and he takes his info from Russia so we know his word is dirt by extension.

So he’s had to start taking actual stances on things… which generally go poorly, and which generally get him banned when the mask slips too much.

We’re only a few steps removed from seeing his “war crimes denial” shift to “war crimes justification”
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I guess denying the Holocaust or the Killing fields is okay on this forums. Probably will get me banned again, unlike people actually doing this.
    very hard not to flame someone whos jaw you would take off if they said this shit to your face

5+ Year Old Account
    A reminder:

1) Use reports.
    Breaking rules to publicaly demand bans, telling someone they deserve a ban or should be perma-banned, discussing someone's banned status, etc are not appropriate ways to alert a moderator. It's disruptive to the thread and doesn't actually help more than using reports. We're able to act when available, doing the above will just get yourself in hot water and needlessly complicate the entire situation.

2) If you're confused about the guidelines, review them or offer feedback in the appropriate locations to change them. Every warning or return of a poster you don't like isn't an invitation to argue about them. This isn't the time or place, especially when these comments are usually complaints about why someone wasn't banned 'faster'. Questions are fine for clarification.

3) Use the ignore feature. Moderators don't determine who is right/ wrong. There are things that within the guidelines aren't okay to post, but this is a politics forum and this is a major conflict - you'll find people you disagree with. Debate with them, report egregious commentary, or set them on ignore.

Again - Moderators can only review as we're available. Keep this in mind going forward and stay on topic.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Taiwan is part of China though, clearly retaking it will not be "war of conquest"... doesn't mean West isn't going to protest very much over it though - like it currently does over Solomon Islands even though "every country has right to choose their alliances".
    Then why would they need a war to control it?

Also please remember that moderators are not online around the clock. If you see a post you consider atrocious which is not punished right away, the explanation might be that we do not - but also that we will once we get around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    A reminder:

1) Use reports.
    Breaking rules to publicaly demand bans, telling someone they deserve a ban or should be perma-banned, discussing someone's banned status, etc are not appropriate ways to alert a moderator. It's disruptive to the thread and doesn't actually help more than using reports. We're able to act when available, doing the above will just get yourself in hot water and needlessly complicate the entire situation.

2) If you're confused about the guidelines, review them or offer feedback in the appropriate locations to change them. Every warning or return of a poster you don't like isn't an invitation to argue about them. This isn't the time or place, especially when these comments are usually complaints about why someone wasn't banned 'faster'. Questions are fine for clarification.

3) Use the ignore feature. Moderators don't determine who is right/ wrong. There are things that within the guidelines aren't okay to post, but this is a politics forum and this is a major conflict - you'll find people you disagree with. Debate with them, report egregious commentary, or set them on ignore.

Again - Moderators can only review as we're available. Keep this in mind going forward and stay on topic.
    Maybe you should bring up the issue in your next decennial meeting with the site owners, and maybe like, change the rules so you can actually permaban known trolls even if they don't directly do something otherwise perma-bannable?

7+ Year Old Account
    Ukraine is nothing compared to the amount of support Taiwan would get during aggression. And hopefully it will never happen.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-05 at 07:33 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ukraine is nothing compared to the amount of support Taiwan would get during aggression. And hopefully it will never happen.
    Taiwan would be MUCH harder to reinforce. And I bet China will go for it in next 2 decades or so.

Gotta get them internet points! That's how you win the war.

10+ Year Old Account
    West is feeding into their false sense of superiority and delusions of Ukrainian grandeur.

Supplies getting low at the troll farm. They are expecting to go to Heaven soon after watching that tv segment.

Also Shilcker why dress up prisoners of war for that looney may 9 parade ? In your delusions of Russian grandeur what would you say is the reason for such a deranged act ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Taiwan would be MUCH harder to reinforce. And I bet China will go for it in next 2 decades or so.
    Taiwan is very much a Xi Jinping thing, he's not immortal and he's also getting up there in years. So either earlier or not at all is my guess.

edit: as in Xi is the most vocal about it in my memory.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-05-05 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finlandia WOAT View Post
    Then why would they need a war to control it?
    Because Taiwan has been de-facto independent from the PRoC since about 1950.

Other countries pretends they aren’t de jure because the CCP gets their panties in a twist over Taiwan formally being treated as such, but the practical situation is a wholly independent country.

Sorry, wasn't my question clear? I want link to official communications of respective international agencies. Ones doing actual investigations.

Press releases, investigation results, something official.

If any of your news articles contain it please kindly provide it here directly.
    Oh, but 2 pictures of some trucks and then switch to lines of bread, is proof that trucks to fry dead Russian soldiers, were ovens for bread?

You're unaware of it, but all you're accomplishing here, is proving what many people think. That the average Russian is completely brainwashed. Your little mission of "poor Russia victim/RUSSIA STRONK", is as much of a failure, as Putins pathetic war in Ukraine.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2022-05-05 at 08:19 PM.

Something interesting

NEW: Putin has apologised after his foreign minister said that Nazi leader Adolf Hitler had "Jewish blood", Israel says.

Putin made the apology in a call with Israeli PM Naftali Bennett, his office said in a statement. — BBC
    Yet according to some people they are saying on Russian news Putin did not apologize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    From all the hints and more or less veiled messaging I think its clear US would go to open war with China if Taiwan was attacked.
    Its a way too valuable piece to let go of so easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Taiwan is also much harder to invade than Ukraine. It doesn't share hundreds of miles of land boarders with hostile nations.