Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So what you're saying is that the Russians are SO stupid, they went ahead and started a war that the US was trying to stoke. And they did this knowing full well that going to war was the US intention? Or did they not realise something so "obvious" that you've managed to work it out?

Just trying to figure out whether you are calling the Russians ignorant or stupid.
    Yes, that is what I am saying. I mean Russians are good at manipulating population (see theirs or what happened with Trump) but US are expert at starting war or proxy war.

They fell in the US trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    USA fanned the flame of the conflict by using warmongering speech when they saw that Russia would go to war if pushed come to shove. Russia is still the one that initiated it but USA are far from innocent in it.
    The USA always wants war it's kind of what we do but we didn't really care about Ukraine one way or another, as long as they kept racking up debts buying weapons we were fine with as Biden said "small incursions". The actions of Russia are the results of bad planning like taking Crimea away while good for getting land it also took away a huge chunk of the Russian voting population. All we did was play the war profiteer as we do around the world their bad planning and escalation is of their own doing. There were smarter ways of getting what they wanted without letting it get to this point.

Yes, that is what I am saying. I mean Russians are good at manipulating population (see theirs or what happened with Trump) but US are expert at starting war or proxy war.

They fell in the US trap.
    Still not clear whether you think the Russians are ignorant or stupid. Did they know the US was trying to do this, or not realise?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    USA fanned the flame of the conflict by using warmongering speech when they saw that Russia would go to war if pushed come to shove. Russia is still the one that initiated it but USA are far from innocent in it.
    What a horrible take. What possible effect could even "warmongering speech" from the US have when the US wasn't directly involved in the potential conflict?

Nobody with any sense seriously believes that Ukraine or the US were about to attack Russia. And by your own statement, this is supposed to have happened after Russia was already at the doorstep to war. Russia didn't do all the logistical work to get to that point without intending the exact end result it got: the (continued) invasion of Ukraine.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The USA always wants war it's kind of what we do but we didn't really care about Ukraine one way or another, as long as they kept racking up debts buying weapons we were fine with as Biden said "small incursions". The actions of Russia are the results of bad planning like taking Crimea away while good for getting land it also took away a huge chunk of the Russian voting population. All we did was play the war profiteer as we do around the world their bad planning and escalation is of their own doing. There were smarter ways of getting what they wanted without letting it get to this point.
    I am pretty sure that the US does not care about Ukraine in itself. They care about it because it could become (and it has) a pain in the ass for Russia. The US always needs a war. Would be great if for once they fought it in their own territory. And being smart or cunning is not the Russia way, it makes you look like weak. Russians likes STRONK men.

I am pretty sure that the US does not care about Ukraine in itself. They care about it because it could become (and it has) a pain in the ass for Russia. The US always needs a war. Would be great if for once they fought it in their own territory.
    The US never thought Russia would be stupid enough to go for a full blown invasion even at the last minute many prominent analyst dismissed the possibility. The consensus was for a small land grab which is what they have been forced to do.

Still not clear whether you think the Russians are ignorant or stupid. Did they know the US was trying to do this, or not realise?
    As I said, they fell in the trap laid by the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is that the Russians are SO stupid, they went ahead and started a war that the US was trying to stoke. And they did this knowing full well that going to war was the US intention? Or did they not realise something so "obvious" that you've managed to work it out?

Just trying to figure out whether you are calling the Russians ignorant or stupid.
    I mean, let's not be cute here. US did set a trap for Russia in Ukraine and Russians magnificently fell into it.

No, US did not intend for this war to break out, but they did spend quite a bit bringing Ukraine over in intent to reduce Russia's influence in the region and globally. And US did know they are playing with fire there too, let's not pretend they did not think there was a chance could happen, especially after 2014.

I already said it multiple times, various US departments and agencies are probably drowning themselves in champagne silly. Russia practically gave them the win on a silver platter and at a cheap price at home.

And I mean substitute "Russians" for "Russian leadership" in that last sentence. I don't know if they are outright stupid, but they sure were ignorant of actual state of political, military and infrastructure affairs both in Ukraine and in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean, let's not be cute here. US did set a trap for Russia in Ukraine and Russians magnificently fell into it.

No, US did not intend for this war to break out, but they did spend quite a bit bringing Ukraine over in intent to reduce Russia's influence in the region and globally. And US did know they are playing with fire there too, let's not pretend they did not think there was a chance could happen, especially after 2014.

I already said it multiple times, various US departments and agencies are probably drowning themselves in champagne silly. Russia practically gave them the win on a silver platter and at a cheap price at home.

And I mean substitute "Russians" for "Russian leadership" in that last sentence. I don't know if they are outright stupid, but they sure were ignorant of actual state of political, military and infrastructure affairs both in Ukraine and in Russia.
    When you make such mistakes when you are the head of a state, you are stupid I'd say.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you make such mistakes when you are the head of a state, you are stupid I'd say.
    I don't think that was the problem there, but mostly structural failure in various agencies and branches of government.

Putin and key members of his inner circle were presented with a rosy picture of their prospects and they acted on it.

If everyone and their mothers keep reporting you that you have a top tier army at your disposal that would roll over that rabble over the border in a matter of weeks if not days and take whole country hostage before West can even react, with subsequent negotiations with the West with near 100% chance of success. You'd probably too decide it is worth a shot. Especially given their success of 2014 with relatively little to no real reprecussions.

Typical of such regimes.

I don't think that was the problem there, but mostly structural failure in various agencies and branches of government.

Putin and key members of his inner circle were presented with a rosy picture of their prospects and they acted on it.

If everyone and their mothers keep reporting you that you have a top tier army at your disposal that would roll over that rabble over the border in a matter of weeks if not days and take whole country hostage before West can even react, with subsequent negotiations with the West with near 100% chance of success. You'd probably too decide it is worth a shot. Especially given their success of 2014 with relatively little to no real reprecussions.

Typical of such regimes.
    Well, you can't say no to a guy like Putin, or you better like forced work in Siberia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you can't say no to a guy like Putin, or you better like forced work in Siberia.
    This is the historical tragedy of Russia, an enchanted circle of fate they can't break out of. It was always the same thing, whether it's Czars, Empresses, Chiefs, General Secretaries or Presidents - position name changes, but it ends up being same shit all over again.

Putin is not an exception, just the usual. Same goes for the system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The cope is strong in the copeviet union. Russian state tv is boasting they have stopped a Ukrainian breakthrough into the Belgorad region of Russia.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nexta_tv/...e4z1rafJg&s=19

I know alcohol poisoning is strong in Russia, but shouldn't they have enough brain cells left to realise that perhaps claiming they stopped Ukraine invading Russian land is a sign things aren't going well?
    Their story has always been how Ukrainian Nazis will destroy all of Russia, so they can easily claim that as a victory.

This is the historical tragedy of Russia, an enchanted circle of fate they can't break out of. It was always the same thing, whether it's Czars, Empresses, Chiefs, General Secretaries or Presidents - position name changes, but it ends up being same shit all over again.

Putin is not an exception, just the usual. Same goes for the system.
    Obviously, it has been in place since the Mongol Invasion, centuries ago.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2078931.html

Putin allegedly suffers from leukemia. Too bad.
    "IF" it is true, still a sad way to go even for a guy like him.

Naturally never been on Team Cancer for obvious reasons.

Willing to make a special exemption for Putin!

A couple of months ago US intelligence was being derided for the Afghanistan failure and now all of a sudden they are playing 5d chess and tricking Russia into an invasion they wanted to do anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Russan solider dies to a drone direct hit:

NSFW:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfHeflPHrTo

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you being sad for a monster that killed a lot of people?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    You keep showing misplaced sympathies and weird takes here.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.