10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    They want moneh. Their economy isn't doing so good.
    A good chunk of that is due to Erdogans own utter incompetence though.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    McConnel and the GOP visits Zelenskiy.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/europe/top...cid=uxbndlbing

God part of me wonders if they will start feeding Russia his location given the people within their party and all their Russian ties that have come out over the year. Just from McConnell alone they rewarded him by investing over 230 million in his own state after they lifted sanctions on them under Trump or the 50 million+ that Russia funneled to then through the NRA and that was just what we caught...
    I'm surprised Zelenskiy didn't tell them to just fuck off when they wanted to head to Ukraine. With how pro Russia the GQP have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I'm surprised Zelenskiy didn't tell them to just fuck off when they wanted to head to Ukraine. With how pro Russia the GQP have been.
    They're still voting on US aid to Ukraine, though. That would be massively stupid.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    God part of me wonders if they will start feeding Russia his location given the people within their party and all their Russian ties that have come out over the year.
    McConnell is old-guard and anti-maga, so naw. Looking at the rest of the Senators I don't think any would even contemplate that. It's not like they brought along Rand Paul or Ted Cruz or the ultra-crazy wing of the House. If Cawthorn or Greene or Gaetz were there though, 100% yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    McConnell is old-guard and anti-maga, so naw. Looking at the rest of the Senators I don't think any would even contemplate that. It's not like they brought along Rand Paul or Ted Cruz or the ultra-crazy wing of the House. If Cawthorn or Greene or Gaetz were there though, 100% yes.
    Invite the 5 of those latter mentioned for the trip, then leak the convoy location to kremlin before they meet zelensky. A true test of whether they're in kremlins pocket or if denazification strike happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    They want moneh. Their economy isn't doing so good.
    Thought they wanted action taken against PKK in Finland and Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Thought they wanted action taken against PKK in Finland and Sweden
    In Erdo's talk this is basically "You have Kurds in your nation so I hate you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia angrily shakes its fist at Finland.

Putin stressed that Finland "rejecting the traditional policy of military neutrality would be wrong since there are no threats to Finland’s security," according to the Kremlin.

"Such a change in the country’s foreign policy course could have a negative effect on Russia-Finland relations, which have been built over the course of many years in the spirit of neighbourliness and partnership cooperation and have a mutually beneficial nature."
    Wow, I wonder what else could have a negative effect on Russia-Finland relations. Something like, I dunno, an unprovoked invasion of a sovereign country?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wow, I wonder what else could have a negative effect on Russia-Finland relations. Something like, I dunno, an unprovoked invasion of a sovereign country?
    Or trying to dictate Finland what it should do with its national security.
    To russia, neutrality basically means a servile puppet state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putin stressed that Finland "rejecting the traditional policy of military neutrality would be wrong since there are no threats to Finland’s security," according to the Kremlin.
    Hey, that's true...as long as you ignore the mangy bear at the border.

"Such a change in the country’s foreign policy course could have a negative effect on Russia-Finland relations, which have been built over the course of many years in the spirit of neighbourliness and partnership cooperation and have a mutually beneficial nature."
    The Winter War and Continuation War were very neighbourly...but I digress, putin is right, Finland should just sit up and do as she's told...Somehow I don't think Finland will do that, and rightly so.

10+ Year Old Account

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    In Erdo's talk this is basically "You have Kurds in your nation so I hate you."
    Probably less that there are Kurds than that they are allowed to speak..

Edit: To be clear i am not saying Kurds should not be allowed to speak
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2022-05-14 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Hey, that's true...as long as you ignore the mangy bear at the border.
    Yeah, Putin claiming that Russia is not a threat is more pathetic than laughable. While Ukraine is doing far better than many would have expected, and the outpouring of support has been vast, Russia did invade a neighbor without cause. The fact that they did that alone, makes them a security risk.

The good news is, all Putin seems capable of is fist-shaking. Invading Finland before this would still have warranted the EU and US to come crashing down on them like a ton of bricks. Once Finland is in NATO, the only difference is they have to fill out a form first. The only thing Russia gets by invading is the dubious honor of being the first country reduced to ashes in World War III. Considering their nukes are likely held together by duct tape and warm thoughts, they might also be the last country reduced to ashes in World War III.

Yeah, Putin claiming that Russia is not a threat is more pathetic than laughable. While Ukraine is doing far better than many would have expected, and the outpouring of support has been vast, Russia did invade a neighbor without cause. The fact that they did that alone, makes them a security risk.
    They did have a cause. However it was inane conspiracy theories, genocide and rewriting of history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Without cause and without a cause are two different things.
    No, without cause and without just cause are two different things. Without cause and without a cause are the same, though people generally assume that the "just" is implied, either way.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Unsurprisingly, Ukraine won Eurovision.

Well, time to quickly assblast evey ruskie out of the country so we can have the competition in Kyiv next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Unsurprisingly, Ukraine won Eurovision.

Well, time to quickly assblast evey ruskie out of the country so we can have the competition in Kyiv next year.
    What a twist! That was completely unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    What a twist! That was completely unexpected.
    I was going to ask if they were any good, but this is Eurovision. Being good seems completely irrelevant when it comes to winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I was going to ask if they were any good, but this is Eurovision. Being good seems completely irrelevant when it comes to winning.
    Well yeah why else are all the finalists nothing but ballads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Well yeah why else are all the finalists nothing but ballads?
    Gunther or Dr Bombay need to make a comeback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.