Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    All the talking heads have been saying Kazakhstan is on the list after Ukraine is dealt with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    All the talking heads have been saying Kazakhstan is on the list after Ukraine is dealt with.
    I mean... it's a former Soviet country, so of course it is.

Moldova would have been next, though, I'm sure.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

How does Russia have plans to invade and genocide all these other countries if they're supposed to be failing so hard in Ukraine, unless their governments just keel over? It seems like Kazakhstan is going to fight back.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    How does Russia have plans to invade and genocide all these other countries if they're supposed to be failing so hard in Ukraine, unless their governments just keel over?
    A combination of being wildly optimistic and being surrounded by advisors who tell them what they want to hear instead of the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does Russia have plans to invade and genocide all these other countries if they're supposed to be failing so hard in Ukraine, unless their governments just keel over? It seems like Kazakhstan is going to fight back.
    Because they've had these plans for decades?

Try to keep up.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    A combination of being wildly optimistic and being surrounded by advisors who tell them what they want to hear instead of the truth.
    someone said Russia had no plans to invade or conquer Europe but they clearly do plan on at the least invading more countries after Ukraine. Also, they recently formally declared the war against Ukraine is a war against the West.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

someone said Russia had no plans to invade or conquer Europe but they clearly do plan on at the least invading more countries after Ukraine. Also, they recently formally declared the war against Ukraine is a war against the West.
    Do you believe everything you read?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only Russia knows what plans it has. It most certainly has contingency plans for various events in their border countries and immediate sphere of influence.

Whether these plans are solid and match their capabilities like 2008/2014 or some hogwash hopium like this "special operation" in Ukraine that's another talk.

Russia going to war with NATO? Well most obviously every self-respecting country has some contingency plans for various events, does not mean it's about to pull them out of the drawer or actually go for it. I mean, you can bet US has plenty "what if" plans of its own, you just do it because it's necessary.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2022-05-23 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I mean... it's a former Soviet country, so of course it is.

Moldova would have been next, though, I'm sure.
    As I heard it say: Ukraine to get to Transnistria and Moldova, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and then the Baltics as those are NATO countries. Obviously that's not really feasible anymore and the Central Asian republics are talking about starting their own NATO/CSTO type organization. (which is quite hilarious considering some of them are already in the CSTO with russia, butt now they want more cooperation against russia)

Even Belarus wouldn't be safe so I'd be on guard if I was Lukashenko, no matter how brown my nose was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Even Belarus wouldn't be safe so I'd be on guard if I was Lukashenko, no matter how brown my nose was.
    Lukashenko is very very well aware of this fact. There is a reason he survived all the way since Soviet collapse, he's many things but not dumb.

He was always trying to play both sides somewhat, but after last year's protests his door to the West was shut firmly, so he has no choice but to commit with Russia now

According to Russia's spokesdrunk, not even Orwell understood the meaning of 1984. It's not about the dangers if totalitarianism, no, it's about the dangers of liberalism.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...oscow-diplomat

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia "plans" to reconstitute the USSR. Those are very vague plans with no specific time frames. It's not the same thing as an imminent decision to implement said plans.

Also, you said:
    ...they want to conquer all of Europe...
    ...which is a laughable farce.

Don't compare theoretical plans to invade Moldova with definite plans to conquer "all of Europe". That's just your tendency to hyperbolize everything.

Also, Kazakhstan isn't in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's a sin made even more egregious by endless perusal of reddit and 4chan.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    nowadays, yes. This isn't a game or some kind of barking conspiracy when a country is committing genocide and threatening nukes in 2022. I wholeheartedly believe Russia is waging a war against the world, right now, and they don't have to declare anything to prove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    As I heard it say: Ukraine to get to Transnistria and Moldova, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and then the Baltics as those are NATO countries. Obviously that's not really feasible anymore and the Central Asian republics are talking about starting their own NATO/CSTO type organization. (which is quite hilarious considering some of them are already in the CSTO with russia, butt now they want more cooperation against russia)

Yeah, see, Lukashenko is living the epitome of that old joke: "How do you survive a bear attack Russian imperialism? You don't have to be faster stronger than the bear Russia, you just have to be faster brown-nosier than the guy former Soviet country next to you."

As long as he brown-noses more than the remaining Soviet country leaders to make his country last on the list, he can rely on Russian incompetence to make sure they never make it that far down the list.

- - - Updated - - -

nowadays, yes. This isn't a game or some kind of barking conspiracy when a country is committing genocide and threatening nukes in 2022. I wholeheartedly believe Russia is waging a war against the world, right now, and they don't have to declare anything to prove it.
    That's because you lack critical thinking skills and have a tendency to hyperbolize everything.

Can you find any reputable analyst who agrees with your "assessment"?

(Narrator: He cannot.)
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2022-05-23 at 11:03 PM.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    According to Russia's spokesdrunk, not even Orwell understood the meaning of 1984. It's not about the dangers if totalitarianism, no, it's about the dangers of liberalism.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...oscow-diplomat
    Now I'd be seriously interested to see if the sales for 1984 in Russia jump. Might be a good gauge to see how far does russian propaganda reach. We all know that it's off the charts already, but can it actually rewire the brains to believe in some sort of a "secret message" of a book that is obviously antitotalitarian? Whats the percentage of Russian population that can read and could believe this shit?

why are people convinced Lukashenko is looking over the shoulder for Putin? He's like one of his few actual friends.

why are people convinced Lukashenko is looking over the shoulder for Putin? He's like one of his few actual friends.
    Because Belarusians want nothing to do with the invasion and Lukashenko looks weak for not controlling the populace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says whom? Lukashenko? My god, you're so naïve it hurts.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Says whom? Lukashenko? My god, you're so naïve it hurts.
    Obvious willful trolling != naivity

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Because Belarusians want nothing to do with the invasion and Lukashenko looks weak for not controlling the populace.
    I have a lot of doubts despite how people want to believe the poor Russians and Belarusians are oppressed. They still love their leaders.