lol Turkish President Erdoğan announces that he plans to create a 30km deep 'Safe Zone' along the Syria/Turkish border. This will involve invading the remaining Kurdish held areas of the Turkish border.

all our turk posters crying about sweden and finland into nato, hows this?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lol Turkish President Erdoğan announces that he plans to create a 30km deep 'Safe Zone' along the Syria/Turkish border. This will involve invading the remaining Kurdish held areas of the Turkish border.

all our turk posters crying about sweden and finland into nato, hows this?
    So that's the game plan whining against Finland and Sweden joining NATO. They want everyone to look away from this "special operation" in exchange for their yes vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I wonder how those will fare against modern Javelins
    Waste of Javelins to be honest, might as well supply them with the likes of MILAN etc, much cheaper and would annihilate T-62 head on.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Confused about this. Zelenksy complained today Donbas was a Russian fortress compared to what equipment and manpower he has at the moment.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/05/23/7348087/
    Spiced up with a bit of propaganda to gain more equipment from other countries. He didn't say compare it to all Ukrainian forces, but only the ones in Donbas.
    That doesn't mean it will be an easy and guaranteed victory for Ukraine, but it still seems unlikely that Russia could take and hold Donbas.

The defence leaders of around 50 nations meeting to discuss Ukraine have listened to Russia's whinging and threats about sending weapons to Ukraine and ignored them. Sorry Yup. Instead they have decided the only answer is to send even more weapons, so that Russia ends up choking on them just like Trump chokes on Putin. Denmark is sending a land based Harpoon launcher system and missiles, the Czechs are sending attack helicopters, tanks and rockets, Italy, Greece Norway and Poland are sending even more artillery and there is more to come. The US won't confirm or deny if it will send the high-tech rocket launchers that Ukraine keeps asking for (HIMARS or MLRS). Hopefully they will, as they will wreck Russians so hard it isn't funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Latest temper tantrum by the 3 years old in the Russia government - Russia demands that the world 'demilitarize' the internet and accuses the West of cyber-totalitarianism.

Translation - wah wah wah, its nor fair we can't spread our lies on the 'net and not have them blocked. Its not fair that hackers are doing to us what we feel only we should be allowed to do to everyone else.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-05-24 at 07:42 AM.

Confused about this. Zelenksy complained today Donbas was a Russian fortress compared to what equipment and manpower he has at the moment.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/05/23/7348087/
    Do you think that he's making a statement, or perhaps asking for more equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The defence leaders of around 50 nations meeting to discuss Ukraine have listened to Russia's whinging and threats about sending weapons to Ukraine and ignored them. Sorry Yup. Instead they have decided the only answer is to send even more weapons, so that Russia ends up choking on them just like Trump chokes on Putin. Denmark is sending a land based Harpoon launcher system and missiles, the Czechs are sending attack helicopters, tanks and rockets, Italy, Greece Norway and Poland are sending even more artillery and there is more to come. The US won't confirm or deny if it will send the high-tech rocket launchers that Ukraine keeps asking for (HIMARS or MLRS). Hopefully they will, as they will wreck Russians so hard it isn't funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Latest temper tantrum by the 3 years old in the Russia government - Russia demands that the world 'demilitarize' the internet and accuses the West of cyber-totalitarianism.

Translation - wah wah wah, its nor fair we can't spread our lies on the 'net and not have them blocked. Its not fair that hackers are doing to us what we feel only we should be allowed to do to everyone else.
    Fun fact: dutch journalists want sputnik and RT not to be blocked anymore. Fucking hell, how deep are the dutch into the russian payroll?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Fun fact: dutch journalists want sputnik and RT not to be blocked anymore. Fucking hell, how deep are the dutch into the russian payroll?
    Baudet and the Forum for Democracy? Deeper than Lukashenko. That said, I guess there's a case to be made to unblock RT and sputnik for reasons of keeping an eye out on the russians, but I don't think that's a good enough reason, let the AIVD take care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Ironic - the town of Magnitogorsk was founded on a mountain of iron (the name itself means "Magnet Mountain Town") and now they rely on foreign supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Baudet and the Forum for Democracy? Deeper than Lukashenko. That said, I guess there's a case to be made to unblock RT and sputnik for reasons of keeping an eye out on the russians, but I don't think that's a good enough reason, let the AIVD take care of that.
    Which doesn't make much sense either because if you want to "keep an eye out" you don't go to there propaganda rally's.
    But then again, people like Baudet and Wilders have a twisted sense of what made Europe Europe.

how come the US won't intervene in Ukraine but Joe Biden has just signed a pact that the US will directly, militarily intervene if Taiwan is *ever* attacked by China?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

how come the US won't intervene in Ukraine but Joe Biden has just signed a pact that the US will directly, militarily intervene if Taiwan is *ever* attacked by China?
    The point of the defensive pact is to dissuade Chinese aggression.
    Directly militarily intervening in Ukraine will not dissuade any aggression, it would likely escalate hostilities. Besides, the lend-lease arrangement that they are currently pursuing is cheaper and more effective for America's goal in the war (which is to bleed Russia dry of manpower and materiel).
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2022-05-24 at 01:51 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    The point of the defensive pact is to dissuade Chinese aggression.
    Directly militarily intervening in Ukraine will not dissuade any aggression, it is likely to escalate hostilities.
    i dont think so to be honest. i dont see why xi jinping would be deterred or not wave the same cards Putin has
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account

So russan gave up pretty much acurate numbers of how many of them died so far.
    Oh and they are also going mental crazy.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

i dont think so to be honest. i dont see why xi jinping would be deterred or not wave the same cards Putin has
    China cannot win a conventional conflict against America is the simple fact of the matter; they have precious little capacity to project their power.
    Xi will not start a war which China cannot win, and if Xi would start that war, the CCP can and will remove him from power.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

China cannot win a conventional conflict against America is the simple fact of the matter; they have precious little capacity to project their power.
    Xi will not start a war which China cannot win, and if Xi would start that war, the CCP can and will remove him from power.
    unlikely america could win a regional war around china tho.

looks like a russian breakthrough at Svitlodarsk today/yday.

China cannot win a conventional conflict against America is the simple fact of the matter
    And Russia CAN?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man that is pretty accurate history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclea...ns_and_Ukraine

Kinda fells bad now to get rid of those weapons tho....
    They could be used as a threat to prevent russan invasion.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop. Lying.

Biden didn't "sign a pact" and he didn't promise "direct military intervention".

Stop peddling your fan-fiction bullshit here.

US/Taiwan relations are still covered by the Taiwan Relations Act.
    The Taiwan Relations Act does not guarantee the U.S. will intervene militarily if the PRC attacks or invades Taiwan nor does it relinquish it, as its primary purpose is to ensure the US's Taiwan policy will not be changed unilaterally by the president and ensure any decision to defend Taiwan will be made with the consent of Congress. The act states that "the United States will make available to Taiwan such defense articles and defense services in such quantity as may be necessary to enable Taiwan to maintain a sufficient self-defense capabilities". However, the decision about the nature and quantity of defense services that America will provide to Taiwan is to be determined by the President and Congress.
    Educate yourself, rather than spewing half-formed doomsday talking points.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Man that is pretty accurate history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclea...ns_and_Ukraine

Kinda fells bad now to get rid of those weapons tho....
    They could be used as a threat to prevent russan invasion.
    Eh..it's not as if Ukraine had the launch codes. Otherwise, yes, russia has set back non-proliferation by a few decades...