7+ Year Old Account
    Phew, back to usual talk.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    According to a german article I've seen earlier, Russia attacks farms, farmers and their equipment specificially. They also steal them and send them to Russia.
    But, there is a both sides to this:

Russians allegedly also steal Russian equipment!
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ort/ar-AAXL8FD

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Ukraine started from desperate move of banning every capable man from leaving the country;
    It's soviet-era legislation, which is in effect in Russia also (Russia just officially doesn't have war). The fact that it is not repealed (because there isn't really enough public support) simply shows that Ukraine isn't particularly socially developed. Men, regardless of anything, are expected to defend the motherland, just like in Russia and just how it was in soviet times. This is normal for a country 30 years into democracy attempts.

Also, everyone knows Ukraine's losses are comparable to Russian. "If they knew the number they would surrender", by that logic, Russians would surrender too, right? Since neither side publishes numbers?
    Players will no longer randomly suffer falling damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just an open question to the mods. If you have to ban an user after he's been back up for 48 hours, FOR THE 50TH TIME, wouldn't it be easier to permaban the dude in stead of complaining that you're lacking mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Just an open question to the mods. If you have to ban an user after he's been back up for 48 hours, FOR THE 50TH TIME, wouldn't it be easier to permaban the dude in stead of complaining that you're lacking mods?
    It is a point system where infractions add up to a ban eventually. 5 points for basic infractions, 15 points earns you a 3-day ban. Infractions seem to expire after 90 days, but this is the part that doesn't make sense with the infraction guide on the website - one can gather enough points for bans every 3 weeks, but the bans never get longer than 3 weeks in some...special cases, even the previous points have not expired...???

Yeah, I think there needs to be a better guide for the point system than we currently have because otherwise it is conspiracy theory time why the ban system works like it does in some cases.

TLDR; When it doubt, message a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    It is a point system where infractions add up to a ban eventually. 5 points for basic infractions, 15 points earns you a 3-day ban. Infractions seem to expire after 90 days, but this is the part that doesn't make sense with the infraction guide on the website - one can gather enough points for bans every 3 weeks, but the bans never get longer than 3 weeks in some...special cases, even the previous points have not expired...???

Yeah, I think there needs to be a better guide for the point system than we currently have because otherwise it is conspiracy theory time why the ban system works like it does in some cases.

TLDR; When it doubt, message a moderator.
    Because, sadly enough, people like Shalcker drive up activity on the boards. Which means more revenue from ads being shown, metrics go up, etc.,

There's no real motivation to cultivate any sort of civil community, outside of banning obvious things like Mr. Nigerian-Witchcraft-Make-Your-Dong-Most-Biggimus topics.

The blame has always laid on the feet of the admins/owner of MMO-C, not moderators.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    You seem to be missing my point - which is Western media uncritically taking anything said by Ukrainian officials if it happens to fit their anti-Russian narratives.

"Justified lies" are still lies; saying "someone was killed by Russians" while noone actually was killed is false flag.
    "Until an official Russian source says that Russia carried out war crimes, I'm going to ignore the entire rest of the world saying that they did. Because Ukraine once pretended a journalist was dead, can you really trust them when they say the Russians that occupied a town brutally raped and murdered the civilians there and left a mass grave when the only evidence is the word of the survivors there, satellite imagery showing Russians building the graves, and the fact that numerous different localities have said the exact same thing?"

I hope, over the course of your vacation, that you realize how nonsensical that is. You'd be the german in WW2 saying "there are no concentration camps, those are all just allied lies to make the Germans look worse; I wont believe it until I hear the Germans say it themselves. You're going to believe Britain, the country that perpetrated operation mincemeat and planted fake intel on a fake dead officer to try and trick the Axis powers? They're really just the same." Because make no mistake; the Russians are the Nazis in this scenario.

Or don't realize it. It really doesn't affect the rest of us who actually understand what's going on. The rest of the world is under no illusion about what Russia is doing and has done, warcrimes included. You've fooled and convinced no one.

...Or am I on your "do not engage with" list, seeing as how my responses to you in which I cited numerous articles that pointed out the inner turmoil in Russia, various Russian citizens and official's dim outlook on their future, and comments from a Chinese official in which he called Russia's entire operation a folly, losing prospect, all went unanswered, as if you conveniently didn't see things that didn't fit your narrow worldview about how the future of Russia looks rosy and how China is your bestest friend ever?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2022-05-29 at 07:24 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I sometimes wonder - and I'm not really into this and it shouldn't happen, but I still wonder because the country I grew up in faced something like this - what would happen if Ukraine gave up on the south/east and say "we lost" and the west would marshall-plan the rest of Ukraine into a "proper" european country and rebuild everything while Russia will most likely struggle to rebuild the infrastructure in the occupied regions since they basically destroyed 90%+ of it.

I'm just trying to imagine how Russia would obviously try to pump money in there as well to not lose to the "West", just like the Soviets did in East Germany (which was still pathetic, relatively - so pathetic that we still spend money to equalize the west and east).. money they probably won't have because the sanctions won't stop. Formerly important industry such as the Azovstal steel works are completely destroyed anyway... in fact, they are already planing to demolish it.. or what is left of it.
    Would Russia accept the status quo when Ukraine would say "okay, you get to keep the regions you conquered, but since you are not to be trusted, we will join NATO/EU"
    And if they don't, wouldn't that officially and completely destroy the picture of their propaganda machine that tells people that they are not trying to invade a sovereign country and all that non-sense?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-29 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "Until an official Russian source says that Russia carried out war crimes, I'm going to ignore the entire rest of the world saying that they did. Because Ukraine once pretended a journalist was dead, can you really trust them when they say the Russians that occupied a town brutally raped and murdered the civilians there and left a mass grave when the only evidence is the word of the survivors there, satellite imagery showing Russians building the graves, and the fact that numerous different localities have said the exact same thing?"

I hope, over the course of your vacation, that you realize how nonsensical that is. You'd be the german in WW2 saying "there are no concentration camps, those are all just allied lies to make the Germans look worse; I wont believe it until I hear the Germans say it themselves. You're going to believe Britain, the country that perpetrated operation mincemeat and planted fake intel on a fake dead officer to try and trick the Axis powers? They're really just the same." Because make no mistake; the Russians are the Nazis in this scenario.

Or don't realize it. It really doesn't affect the rest of us who actually understand what's going on. The rest of the world is under no illusion about what Russia is doing and has done, warcrimes included. You've fooled and convinced no one.

...Or am I on your "do not engage with" list, seeing as how my responses to you in which I cited numerous articles that pointed out the inner turmoil in Russia, various Russian citizens and official's dim outlook on their future, and comments from a Chinese official in which he called Russia's entire operation a folly, losing prospect, all went unanswered, as if you conveniently didn't see things that didn't fit your narrow worldview about how the future of Russia looks rosy and how China is your bestest friend ever?
    You gotta remember that Russia has a history of trying to pass off videogame images as proof that X was totally someone elses fault and not theirs and he is constantly online spreading propaganda as a job so its likely Shalcker hasn't been outside in years and thinks real satellite images are fake since they don't have the Call of Duty logo on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You gotta remember that Russia has a history of trying to pass off videogame images as proof that X was totally someone elses fault and not theirs and he is constantly online spreading propaganda as a job so its likely Shalcker hasn't been outside in years and thinks real satellite images are fake since they don't have the Call of Duty logo on them.
    Is this Ukraine propaganda good enogh?

Also, just ignore Puting troll army.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I'm just trying to imagine how Russia would obviously try to pump money in there as well to not lose to the "West", just like the Soviets did in East Germany (which was still pathetic, relatively - so pathetic that we still spend money to equalize the west and east).. money they probably won't have because the sanctions won't stop.
    USSR didn't pump money into East Germany, they did in fact dismantle entire factories and took them as reparations home.

Photos from a cemetery where one of the Russian paratrooper brigades is based - that is a lot of fresh graves

https://mobile.twitter.com/RALee85/s...82548528152576

- - - Updated - - -

A Russian who stole a PS4 in Mariupol has emailed the owner demanding the password so he can play the games on it.

Orcs aren't that smart.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MelaniePo...39963004194817
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-05-29 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Orcs aren't that smart.
    Orcs also very poor. They have to steal basic shit we take for granted here in the civilized world. Also their shit government is stealing farming equipment and so on.

Shillcker: "almost 80% of ruzzki households have running water".

The Ukrainians are claiming that in their offensive in the Kherson region they have taken out, among other things, 6 T-62 tanks, you know those obsolete tanks just taken out of storage that we were totally promised weren't going to end up in the fighting.

Hopefully we get some footage soon so Oryx can add them to the list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Orcs also very poor. They have to steal basic shit we take for granted here in the civilized world. Also their shit government is stealing farming equipment and so on.

Shillcker: "almost 80% of ruzzki households have running water".
    Its been weeks since he tried to push that sentiment, and it still baffles me he didn’t seem to think that tens of millions of Russians not having proper plumbing reflects badly on Russia.

Photos from a cemetery where one of the Russian paratrooper brigades is based - that is a lot of fresh graves

https://mobile.twitter.com/RALee85/s...82548528152576

- - - Updated - - -

A Russian who stole a PS4 in Mariupol has emailed the owner demanding the password so he can play the games on it.

Orcs aren't that smart.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MelaniePo...39963004194817
    This can't be real

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ukrainians are claiming that in their offensive in the Kherson region they have taken out, among other things, 6 T-62 tanks, you know those obsolete tanks just taken out of storage that we were totally promised weren't going to end up in the fighting.

Hopefully we get some footage soon so Oryx can add them to the list.
    I could totally see this happen:

"Cue cries from Moscow about UA violating the Hague Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I could totally see this happen:

"Cue cries from Moscow about UA violating the Hague Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict."
    Remember, these are the same people that dared to raise a cry about "theft" when other countries began seizing Russian assets after the war started.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    USSR didn't pump money into East Germany, they did in fact dismantle entire factories and took them as reparations home.
    East Germany was the richest country in the Soviet Union and had the highest living standard and most stable economy of the Warsaw Bloc. It was a propaganda machine for the east to show that "their idea works! See?"

edit: At least they didn't siphon as much as from other countries which is, under soviet rule, basically the same thing.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-30 at 08:46 AM.

I sometimes wonder - and I'm not really into this and it shouldn't happen, but I still wonder because the country I grew up in faced something like this - what would happen if Ukraine gave up on the south/east and say "we lost" and the west would marshall-plan the rest of Ukraine into a "proper" european country and rebuild everything while Russia will most likely struggle to rebuild the infrastructure in the occupied regions since they basically destroyed 90%+ of it.

I'm just trying to imagine how Russia would obviously try to pump money in there as well to not lose to the "West", just like the Soviets did in East Germany (which was still pathetic, relatively - so pathetic that we still spend money to equalize the west and east).. money they probably won't have because the sanctions won't stop. Formerly important industry such as the Azovstal steel works are completely destroyed anyway... in fact, they are already planing to demolish it.. or what is left of it.
    Would Russia accept the status quo when Ukraine would say "okay, you get to keep the regions you conquered, but since you are not to be trusted, we will join NATO/EU"
    And if they don't, wouldn't that officially and completely destroy the picture of their propaganda machine that tells people that they are not trying to invade a sovereign country and all that non-sense?
    They did fuck all with Karelia after they took it so I doubt Donbass would be any different.