Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Want to know how well the Russian invasion is going?

Putin calls in 67-year-old retired general, had to have custom fatigues made for him, and shipped hi to the front lines.
    Russia is already having problems with food for soldiers, just imagine being assigned to this guys squad.

7+ Year Old Account

Putin calls in 67-year-old retired general, had to have custom fatigues made for him, and shipped hi to the front lines.
    Looks like a leader of the Gravy SEALs here in the states.

10+ Year Old Account

Thus guy has an advantage if you remove his upper and lower body half, a slightly smaller general appears.

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    Huh, this bullshit was forced by YOUR media. That was histerical estimation of western warmongers, who believed we'd be all like YOU: carpet bomb everything from safe distance and say we won, not even counting the dead.
    We're liberating OUR people, who are either kept hostages or brainwashed by years of YOUR media job.
    This people will live there and not in our interest to destroy more than necessary here.
    I bet your logic still can explain this the other way right?
    You can taste the Russian brainwashing, that's how bad it is.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You can taste the Russian brainwashing, that's how bad it is.
    "we didn't win because we didn't carpet bomb them. You can't explain any other reason why we didn't win!" is the takeaway of their post, I believe.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Russia is in first foreign debt default since 1918. Not because they didn't have the money - it was only $100 million - but because sanctions made it impossible to pay.
    I'll admit to feeling odd about this. I mean if russia has fullfilled its obligations by paying then it shouldn't be their problem if the authority they paid to is not processing it, right? I mean, this feels like saying 'yeah, you paid, but we're deliberately not processing it so now you are at fault'. But maybe someone with more economic acumen can explain this to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I'll admit to feeling odd about this. I mean if russia has fullfilled its obligations by paying then it shouldn't be their problem if the authority they paid to is not processing it, right? I mean, this feels like saying 'yeah, you paid, but we're deliberately not processing it so now you are at fault'. But maybe someone with more economic acumen can explain this to me.
    The people who were owed the money did not get it by the end of the grace period, therefore it is considered in default.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "we didn't win because we didn't carpet bomb them. You can't explain any other reason why we didn't win!" is the takeaway of their post, I believe.
    Well, u are arguing with someone ponies about ukraine..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    The people who were owed the money did not get it by the end of the grace period, therefore it is considered in default.
    Right I get that, but that isn't russia's doing according to the article. They paid, in full and well in advance, to Euroclear, and that's where the payment is stuck. Which means that it's not their fault that the people who were owed money didn't get paid.

I don't mind difficulties for russia but it kinda feels like the blame is misplaced here.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-06-27 at 07:01 AM.

5+ Year Old Account

I think u should watch less 300 n other movies? Modern warfare isn't hollywood. Generals make strategy, not charge in on a horse like alexander the great...

Btw ur commander for 1st desert storm, gen schwartzkopf (spelling?) was a fat fuck too. Both these are older men, u should instead worry about the shape of ur reg troops, looks likey are fed macdonalds at base?

Right I get that, but that isn't russia's doing according to the article. They paid, in full and well in advance, to Euroclear, and that's where the payment is stuck. Which means that it's not their fault that the people who were owed money didn't get paid.

I don't mind difficulties for russia but it kinda feels like the blame is misplaced here.
    Let's say I owed you million dollars. You're waiting eagerly to receive it back. I decide to send the money to you by a courier I know. This courier happens to "get stuck" with your money. Are you sympathetic towards me, enough so to clear me of the debt now; after all, I paid right? You didn't get a cent, but not my problem then?

Or would you still demand your money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Let's say I owed you million dollars. You're waiting eagerly to receive it back. I decide to send the money to you by a courier I know. This courier happens to "get stuck" with your money. Are you sympathetic towards me, enough so to clear me of the debt now; after all, I paid right? You didn't get a cent, but not my problem then?

Or would you still demand your money?
    IFyou paid in the correct manner I would certainly go after the courier, and I would expect you to show me the receipts, yes. Because that's what I am supposed to do, I am not supposed to hold you responsible for the actions of a middleman. Once you entrust the middleman with the money it is no longer your concern, you hav fulfilled your obligation to me by attempting to send me the money. (Provided of course that you can show me a paper trail.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Btw ur commander for 1st desert storm, gen schwartzkopf (spelling?) was a fat fuck too. Both these are older men, u should instead worry about the shape of ur reg troops, looks likey are fed macdonalds at base?
    Totally the same dude...

This still on? Sigh,...

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    Huh, this bullshit was forced by YOUR media. That was histerical estimation of western warmongers, who believed we'd be all like YOU: carpet bomb everything from safe distance and say we won, not even counting the dead.
    We're liberating OUR people, who are either kept hostages or brainwashed by years of YOUR media job.
    This people will live there and not in our interest to destroy more than necessary here.
    I bet your logic still can explain this the other way right?
    Western media forced Russia to bomb kindergardens and rape civilians?

I think you're giving western media far too much credit. How does "liberating" "your" people in another country (they could just move to Russia, it's right next door) It's like saying the Nazi's were just liberating land from the soviets.

You're littarelly raping your neighbour, bombing kindergardens for no other reason, than your Presidents desire to be compared to Peter the great. He'll end up like a crappy Hitler tho, atleast Hitler managed to have successfull military campaigns.

And how is bombing a kindergarden "Neccesary"?

You're utterly brainwashed by your media son.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if Russia hadnt invaded Ukraine, the western world would not have reacted with sanctions, allowing Russia to pay it.

It's on Russia to stop their chosen path of fiasco.

- - - Updated - - -

I think u should watch less 300 n other movies? Modern warfare isn't hollywood. Generals make strategy, not charge in on a horse like alexander the great...

You do realise that picture is from guys playing airsoft right

Your attempt of whataboutsim utterly failed lol, but I guess that comes with the mindset of lying as obvious as your media.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sgt-s...at-airsoft-kid

But I'm sure General "eats all the cookies" will do great, he seems to be a person of unreal discipline.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2022-06-27 at 08:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Well if Russia hadnt invaded Ukraine, the western world would not have reacted with sanctions, allowing Russia to pay it.

It's on Russia to stop their chosen path of fiasco.
    Obviously they should get out. No one who isn't a shill is disputing that. (even if some people have different opinions on the exact meaning of what 'getting out' means, including in Ukraine.)

People choosing to extend credit to a gov't have to weigh the possibility that the country may act in ways so unpalatable they get removed from our system for processing payments. Countries, wanting to keep access to our system for processing payments, are coerced into behaving in a way that doesn't make us remove them from swift/sanction their banks.

This raises the cost of russia borrowing money, not just now, but long into the future, as they've demonstrated that they're perfectly fine taking actions that make the repayment of debts illegal; the risk associated with lending russia money has increased a lot.

I don't understand your confusion. To go with your courier analogy: russia has hired a bunch of mercenaries to kill anyone who comes onto their territory, and the courier doesn't want to come pick up the money, so the courier never comes. Russia never handed over the money to the courier. It doesn't matter if they're "willing" to pay or not if they create an environment where the courier doesn't feel safe to conduct business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account

FFS, you are stupid, that's someone playing airsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If Russia wants to claim a win...meh. let them.
    After they leave Ukraine, Ukraine will rebuild. Sweden and Finland will join NATO, while Ukraine joins the EU.
    If Russia wins, there is no Ukraine. Their goal is genocide.

5+ Year Old Account
    Did u miss the articles for years of US armed forces complaining about massive obesity, kids being too fat for training?
    Do you want me to hold your hand n guide you through how to use a search engine? Ok, pick any search engine, type in "fat american soldiers" n done

https://www.businessinsider.com/pent...ght-2013-4?amp

Pentagon Says More Than Half Of The US Military Is Overweight

Geoffrey Ingersoll Apr 29, 2013, 3:57 PM

A health report from the Pentagon contains some troubling statistics, and suggests more than half all U.S. troops are clinically overweight.

The report, released last week, suggests muscle mass is part of the reason 53% of troops are now tipping the scales.

How do you think 15000 people died in the Donbass the past 8 years? B y ukraine artillery shelling the citizens they want to 'liberate'

The donbass militia fighting ukraine are made up of locals defending their homes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    FFS, you are stupid, that's someone playing airsoft.
    No, are you? American soldiers are fat, is a fact.