10+ Year Old Account
    Iran denies supplying russia with drones.

https://twitter.com/guyelster/status...25446976647168

I do wonder if Iran has the actual capacity to supply hundreds of drones to anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posting drama posts from people not on this website is the kind of external drama we do not allow. Be better.

Any further off-topic debate beyond this warning will be moderated with infractions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Iran denies supplying russia with drones.

https://twitter.com/guyelster/status...25446976647168

I do wonder if Iran has the actual capacity to supply hundreds of drones to anyone.
    Someone earlier posted that China could potentially be using Iran as a proxy to effectively sell equipment to Russia without looking like they were doing so.

But I have to figure… China selling technology to Iran who then does their own upcharging because they know Russia has no other choice can’t be cheap for Russia.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2022-07-15 at 11:37 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Someone earlier posted that China was using Iran as a proxy to effectively sell equipment to Russia without looking like they were doing so.

But I have to figure… China selling technology to Iran who then does their own upcharging because they know Russia has no other choice can’t be cheap.
    Russia only has so many rubles they can spend in acceptable currency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Someone earlier posted that China could potentially be using Iran as a proxy to effectively sell equipment to Russia without looking like they were doing so.

But I have to figure… China selling technology to Iran who then does their own upcharging because they know Russia has no other choice can’t be cheap for Russia.
    Right, but that would still be known relatively quickly due to the drone design. I mean most countries have their own design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    As a government employe he might have a "special operation transfer" to the front. The worst thing is that I only say it as a half-joke, and not as a pure joke.
    He's the superhero they deserve, not the superhero the need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Russia has admitted to the terrorist strike the other day, but as usual they lie, saying they eliminated a meeting between Ukrainian officials and foreign weapon suppliers. Yeah, that 3 year old down syndrome girl and the other 2 kids were involved in weapons supplies.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...orce-officials

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Russia has admitted to the terrorist strike the other day, but as usual they lie, saying they eliminated a meeting between Ukrainian officials and foreign weapon suppliers. Yeah, that 3 year old down syndrome girl and the other 2 kids were involved in weapons supplies.

Even if we assume they aimed for a more "legitimate" target, hitting foreign officials selling weapons doesn't exactly seem the thing to do as they, technically, aren't party to the war, are civilians and shouldn't be targeted.
    So this reason doesn't actually make it any better.

BTW, wasn't there supposed to be a special meeting of the Duma yesterday? Anything come from that? I know Roscosmos got new leadership and that NASA and Roscosmos announced a new agreement on integrated crews on their respective spaceflights.

Even if we assume they aimed for a more "legitimate" target, hitting foreign officials selling weapons doesn't exactly seem the thing to do as they, technically, aren't party to the war, are civilians and shouldn't be targeted.

BTW, wasn't there supposed to be a special meeting of the Duma yesterday? Anything come from that? I know Roscosmos got new leadership and that NASA and Roscosmos announced a new agreement on integrated crews on their respective spaceflights.
    Everything that came out of Russia yesterday seemed to be about that with the old leader being transfered to donbas for some official position.

It seems it was aimed at internal matters, instituting 100 new laws that further crack down on the populace and instituting a new youth movement that might as well be the Putlerjugend.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...oup-Russia-ont

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Everything that came out of Russia yesterday seemed to be about that with the old leader being transfered to donbas for some official position.
    Kinda sounds they "promoted" him away.

It seems it was aimed at internal matters, instituting 100 new laws that further crack down on the populace and instituting a new youth movement that might as well be the Putlerjugend.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...oup-Russia-ont
    The pioneers? Didn't the Soviets have those as well? But I bet Gherkin, Jerky...whatever his name is, that FSB guy who started this whole mess in 2014, isn't very happy about no formal declarations of war.

The pioneers? Didn't the Soviets have those as well? But I bet Gherkin, Jerky...whatever his name is, that FSB guy who started this whole mess in 2014, isn't very happy about no formal declarations of war.
    I don't think pioneers ever went away, really. They were essentially boy/girlscouts, and were in fact created after the Russian Imperial scout movement, although after the fall of USSR they were no longer supported on government level, and political and religious propaganda in schools is constitutionally banned (as if this has ever stopped anyone), leaving only their teaching survival skills and general good behaviour and formed and financed by schools themselves.

Now, this new organization is supposedly voluntary, but there is an expression in Russia and, I imagine, other post-Soviet states, of something being "voluntarily-compulsory", meaning supposedly voluntary, actually compulsory, but you're supposed to act as if you volunteered, except everybody knows that you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    Now, this new organization is supposedly voluntary, but there is an expression in Russia and, I imagine, other post-Soviet states, of something being "voluntarily-compulsory", meaning supposedly voluntary, actually compulsory, but you're supposed to act as if you volunteered, except everybody knows that you didn't.
    As a little sidenote for people born in more free countries how "voluntarily-compulsory" worked: the state controls who is allowed to get higher education and who gets which job. You might choose not to participate in "voluntary" organisations, but you'll never get into university and you'll never get the job you actually want.

In slighty more bizarre news in this already very bizarre year, Russia is drawing up plans to build their own game engine, in case Epic & Unity pull out of the country.

Kommersant sources say potential for this kind of state response germinated in a behind-closed-doors meeting between presidential administration officials and reps from the Russian video game industry in May. With Epic blocking in-game commerce in Russia and Unity “pausing relationships” with entities connected to the Russian government following the invasion of Ukraine, some fear local studios may at some point lose access to vital development tools entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    In slighty more bizarre news in this already very bizarre year, Russia is drawing up plans to build their own game engine, in case Epic & Unity pull out of the country.
    MoskvaEngine supports resolutions up to SVGA and requires an ibm compatible 486 processor and 8mb ram. And a gas heated stove.

Considering the quality of most Russian made games I don't think any game company has anything to worry about there if they'll be like Postal 3 or various MMOs.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2022-07-16 at 12:44 PM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

You know, I sometimes wonder if this whole ordeal is just an insanely stupid and stupidly insane plan to produce domestique analogues rather than rely on easily accessible foreign products.

Especially after finding out that the whole "Russian world" thing started just as a benign marketing strategy involving convincing the Russian diaspora abroad to buy Russian exported goods in order to give the newly-capitalist Russia a niche on the world market, concocted by former followers of a somewhat cultish Soviet "methodological movement".
    Last edited by Vladier; 2022-07-16 at 01:29 PM.

Kinda sounds they "promoted" him away.
    Sure, the way Stalin promoted Zhukov to Siberia after WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Sure, the way Stalin promoted Zhukov to Siberia after WW2.
    Odessa. Siberia would have been too obvious.

10+ Year Old Account

Not much different than when ISIL takes credit for a car bomb is it?