Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I resent the fact the media only makes it appear as though Ukraine is curb stomping Russia
    So you've not been following along with the majority of the press coverage of the war then, which is unsurprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Repeating yourself...since Russia's 3 day win hasn't happened.
    But...but I hear stronk ruzzia if wanted they take Kyiv in 3 days. trust me bro they haven't sent their stronk army yet.

on a serious note tho I don't see Yuppie ever learning anything. He will keep saying Ruzzia has nukez and so on.

no, but it's a brutal and uncertain war with more on the horizon to it than just Ukraine vs Russia. I resent the fact the media only makes it appear as though Ukraine is curb stomping Russia and it's only a matter of time before Russia inevitably loses. Optimism is nice, but that's just misleading.
    Nope, this isn't happening. You Trump supporters always want to blame the media for the lies you spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So you've not been following along with the majority of the press coverage of the war then, which is unsurprising.
    the press coverage is Russians are being decimated like swarms of bugs and not human beings every day, every hour. Who knows what the real casualty rate is, but it's unanimously agreed to be 50k+ right now according to US and Ukraine intel.

But Zelenksy himself has admitted until the recent American armaments stepping up their game, Ukraine casualties were 200+ a day. Now it's 30ish according to this word. That's not too optimistic though, just throwing out 30-estimate people dying a day like it's not a huge deal.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

the press coverage is Russians are being decimated like swarms of bugs and not human beings every day, every hour. Who knows what the real casualty rate is, but it's unanimously agreed to be 50k+ right now according to US and Ukraine intel.

But Zelenksy himself has admitted until the recent American armaments stepping up their game, Ukraine casualties were 200+ a day. Now it's 30ish according to this word. That's not too optimistic though, just throwing out 30-estimate people dying a day like it's not a huge deal.
    Maybe this will get you to think twice about supporting fascists and authoritarians who want to start wars and kill innocent people.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2022-07-28 at 09:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Maybe thise will get ypu to think twice about supporting fascists and authoritarians who want to start wars and kill innocent people.
    Yep. The GQP loves to act like a strong man, threatens wars, etc. But it's always amusing how they react when faced with the reality of war and they act as if all the violence and death is horrifying. I wonder what people expect from war? Their force to roll up and the enemy to unconditionally surrender?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Yep. The GQP loves to act like a strong man, threatens wars, etc. But it's always amusing how they react when faced with the reality of war and they act as if all the violence and death is horrifying. I wonder what people expect from war? Their force to roll up and the enemy to unconditionally surrender?
    Well, that was the plan originally. 3 day weekend and you're home in time for Monday's episode of "Hey Giorgy!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Reportedly multiple Russian outlets are saying representatives from Putin's United Russia party have left Kherson, saying they are no longer able to provide 'humanitarian aid.'

https://mobile.twitter.com/WhereisRu...60018754895872

Otherwise known as rats fleeing a sinking ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Reportedly multiple Russian outlets are saying representatives from Putin's United Russia party have left Kherson, saying they are no longer able to provide 'humanitarian aid.'

If I were a russian soldier there I'd probably start giving SERIOUS thought about surrender. Especially since representatives of that same party previously boasted about russia being there to stay. I also wonder how this will play out at home, as these representatives probably have a little bit of a different perspective, they will talk to friends and family.

I assume this can't be correct:

Couldn't find anything else about it except a Finnish online newspaper.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-07-28 at 11:35 PM.

5 House members (both Democrats and Republicans) will imminently introduce legislation to officially designate Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism. This is leading to a showdown with Sec of State Blinken who says only he can apply the label, but if it passes both chambers then it will put pressure on Biden to sign it into law.

Early on, the Senate passed a non-binding resolution calling for Blinken to make the designation, though this bill goes further, and comes after Pelosi warned Blinken if he didn't do so then Congress would.

If Russia is designated a terrorist state then it would allow for secondary sanctions to be levelled against entities that do business with Russia. Like China.

Can't come soon enough. Russia is engaging in ISIS level of atrocities. Haven't seen it myself and really don't want to see it, but new video has come out in the last day of some pretty horrific stuff, of heads and hands of dead Ukrainians mounted on fences by Russian soldiers and the castration of a Ukrainian POW while he was bound and still alive with box cutters.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-07-29 at 03:32 AM.

The video of Ukrainian POW being castrated is just a tip of the iceberg.

Torture prisons, detention camps, loyalty checks, casual sadism and mass theft of property is widespread in the occupied territories.

Russian army is an army of impoverished degenerates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    The video of Ukrainian POW being castrated is just a tip of the iceberg.

Torture prisons, detention camps, loyalty checks, casual sadism and mass theft of property is widespread in the occupied territories.

Russian army is an army of impoverished degenerates.
    I mean, we've certainly seen the mass graves. Nobody is "shocked" by this. And nobody is believing any of Russia's claims that it's all "Ukrainian false flags" or "western propaganda."

I remember a certain shill who would skulk these forums claiming that all the Ukrainians in the occupied areas were all being treated well and were receiving "proper Russian aid," and that any claims of rape, war crimes, and genocide were to be ignored until "they could be verified" by... some nebulous, shifting goal post.

And that's really the most galling part about such claims, beyond Russian hopium about their economy being propped up as China opportunistically uses them like a low-rent gas station- the utter willingness to ignore the abject horrid Russian crimes perpetrated against the Ukrainians, to be justified by the fact that supposedly Russia is "dunking" on the west.

They're not, of course, but they like to pretend they are, and they use this hope as some sort of guiding locus that all other concerns can be ignored.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 House members (both Democrats and Republicans) will imminently introduce legislation to officially designate Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism. This is leading to a showdown with Sec of State Blinken who says only he can apply the label, but if it passes both chambers then it will put pressure on Biden to sign it into law.

Early on, the Senate passed a non-binding resolution calling for Blinken to make the designation, though this bill goes further, and comes after Pelosi warned Blinken if he didn't do so then Congress would.

If Russia is designated a terrorist state then it would allow for secondary sanctions to be levelled against entities that do business with Russia. Like China.

Can't come soon enough. Russia is engaging in ISIS level of atrocities. Haven't seen it myself and really don't want to see it, but new video has come out in the last day of some pretty horrific stuff, of heads and hands of dead Ukrainians mounted on fences by Russian soldiers and the castration of a Ukrainian POW while he was bound and still alive with box cutters.
    As noble as the intend might be I'm not sure this is the way to go. This isn't Iran we're dealing with. A breakdown of diplomacy is the last thing we could use.

Yeah, yeah, russophile, I hear ya, I'm just concerned that this will have far flung and unintended effects. For example, at least one EU country is still dealing relatively freely with russia, as is Turkey. Is the US going to apply sanctions selectively or uniformly? Because that opens up a whole other can of of worms.

The horrors and the terror are unforgivable and Russia should definitely pay for that, I'm just not convinced this the best way. (Even if I do acknowledge I don't exactly see another way)

Addendum: if it is put in law how and when will it be lifted? Because let's be honest this is primarily in response to the war. So would this be lifted as soon as russia withdraws? As soon as putin leaves as leader? Who can lift this? I mean if it's Blinken who applies the label then I assume he, or his successor, can lift it but if it's made into law then I don't think he could, without repealing the law or a new law right?
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-07-29 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I mean, we've certainly seen the mass graves. Nobody is "shocked" by this. And nobody is believing any of Russia's claims that it's all "Ukrainian false flags" or "western propaganda."

I remember a certain shill who would skulk these forums claiming that all the Ukrainians in the occupied areas were all being treated well and were receiving "proper Russian aid," and that any claims of rape, war crimes, and genocide were to be ignored until "they could be verified" by... some nebulous, shifting goal post.

And that's really the most galling part about such claims, beyond Russian hopium about their economy being propped up as China opportunistically uses them like a low-rent gas station- the utter willingness to ignore the abject horrid Russian crimes perpetrated against the Ukrainians, to be justified by the fact that supposedly Russia is "dunking" on the west.

They're not, of course, but they like to pretend they are, and they use this hope as some sort of guiding locus that all other concerns can be ignored.
    I am sure I've read that Chinese exports to Russia have actually declined month to month. Most chinese corporations are not willing to test the US on this. One side is their most important client, the other is just a passing opportunity.

10+ Year Old Account

AKA with the bridge out of commission Russians are starting to flee the city.

So what do we think Russia will do to retaliate if/when they lose Kherson given it's among the only major gains that Russia made since this 'three day war' started? Losing it will be a huge blow to their pride.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

Did Mr. "Fog of War" ever come back after the atrocities in Bucha came to light or has he stayed in hiding ever since then?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    AKA with the bridge out of commission Russians are starting to flee the city.

So what do we think Russia will do to retaliate if/when they lose Kherson given it's among the only major gains that Russia made since this 'three day war' started? Losing it will be a huge blow to their pride.
    Probably froth at the mouth about how Ukraine's continued resistance to their invasion is an unacceptable affront and then, sadly, likely kill more innocent civilians with errantly-aimed weapons of war.

Did Mr. "Fog of War" ever come back after the atrocities in Bucha came to light or has he stayed in hiding ever since then?
    I think he dipped for good.

But there are others who still persist, when their forum vacations expire, that is.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    If I were a russian soldier there I'd probably start giving SERIOUS thought about surrender. Especially since representatives of that same party previously boasted about russia being there to stay. I also wonder how this will play out at home, as these representatives probably have a little bit of a different perspective, they will talk to friends and family.

So they've literally now lost more people in Ukraine that Finland did in the Winter War.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post

I think that number is realistic.

Note, it says killed or injured. Injured can be anything from some bruises to a lost limb. Anything that would take you off the front lines.

I expect most of those injured were rotated right back to front after a hospital stay and a few weeks rest.

Considering the severity of the fighting and it's scale, that's a realistic number.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    So they've literally now lost more people in Ukraine that Finland did in the Winter War.
    Killed or injured.

Current MI6, Bellingcat and UN estimates put Russian deaths somewhere in the 15000 range. Usually you have about 3 times as many injured (at minimum), so the 75k number is not out of the realm of possibility.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2022-07-29 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Killed or injured.
    Yes I accounted for that.

The 15K figure is probably a conservative estimate. The British have previously said 25K dead at one point.

It doesn't really fit with the 75K casualties figure either. If true, it means a 1:4 KIA to WIA ratio. A 1:3 ratio I believe is the accepted figure when you have good medical care and facilities, and Russia lacks those and has a general indifference to troop wellbeing on top of that. 25k dead and 50k wounded would be a better fit for the Russians. The Ukrainians are now saying that it is passed the 40k dead mark for Russia.

When you consider that one of the separatist groups has admitted to around 3K dead and another 12K wounded (so 15k casualties), you'd have to think the other separatist group would have taken similar losses. No way the Russians have taken only 40k casualties total, which would suggest that it does not include separatist losses.