all this talk of tragic death and destruction laid at Putin's feet

and yet what people want is just for him to...give up and retire. No prosecution or anything else. Just admit defeat and go away.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-07-29 at 07:48 AM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post

and yet what people want is just for him to...give up and retire. No prosecution or anything else. Just admit defeat and go away.
    What defeat? Russia's defeat for sure, why would he admit it in the first place, he needs to keep up a false story for his own political reasons.

And what comes to prosecution, good luck getting him out of Russia without force, a force that would easily be justified as existential threat and start the nuclear exchange you so much crave. Welcome to real life, sometimes there can be no justice.

What defeat? Kyiv is safe, as is the democratically elected Ukrainian government.

Have they lost land? Yes. But that is not strategic defeat.

Finland too lost some land, probably some of the best that it had - so what? The state endured, the nation endured and the Finns built a system which is the envy of the world while Russia, for all it's bluster about WW2, built a road to collapse and upheaval. The same will happen again, that nation can't help itself - Russian history is them finding one system which solves immediate short-term problems but that system is then conserved and supported for decades, long after it exhausted itself. And then collapse follows.

That nation will trip on it's own dick, again. And when that happens, I hope people in the world will see the wisdom of breaking that partially-collapsed empire for good.

and yet what people want is just for him to...give up and retire.
    people want him and his cronies on the wrong side of the ground, where are you getting this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I think that number is realistic.

Note, it says killed or injured. Injured can be anything from some bruises to a lost limb. Anything that would take you off the front lines.

I expect most of those injured were rotated right back to front after a hospital stay and a few weeks rest.

Considering the severity of the fighting and it's scale, that's a realistic number.

- - - Updated - - -

Killed or injured.

Current MI6, Bellingcat and UN estimates put Russian deaths somewhere in the 15000 range. Usually you have about 3 times as many injured (at minimum), so the 75k number is not out of the realm of possibility.
    I stand corrected regarding the 75000, however Gabriel is right: russia's loses are higher than Finland's during the Winter War:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_War?wprov=sfla1

Also, if you look at the ratio of Finnish loses Vs Soviet loses it's horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    When you consider that one of the separatist groups has admitted to around 3K dead and another 12K wounded (so 15k casualties), you'd have to think the other separatist group would have taken similar losses. No way the Russians have taken only 40k casualties total, which would suggest that it does not include separatist losses.
    Not necessarily, don't forget that the fighting in Luhansk has been of a whole different magnitude, most of it got overrun early on while Donetsk had Mariupol to fight over and still has large areas not under russian control. I wouldn't be totally surprised if Luhansk has significantly less casualties.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-07-29 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

People want Russia to fuck back off to their own side of the border, everything else is secondary to that, this isn’t complicated to understand, although I suppose it might be for you with what your posts on here looks like.

This is weird coming from you, considering how many times you have praised such type of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    People want Russia to fuck back off to their own side of the border.
    they can still just do that and resume business as usual? It's weird Russia still has an out despite all they've done. Joe Biden himself said Putin should have an out.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

they can still just do that and resume business as usual?
    You literally admitted to supporting them, and wanting them to be in power in the United States.

NSFL. But what the fuck, this is horrible

https://www.yahoo.com/news/horrifyin...221414554.html

A horrific video posted online on Thursday appears to show a Ukrainian prisoner of war being castrated by his Russian captors.

The footage, which was initially posted on a pro-Russian Telegram page before spreading rapidly on social media, showed what appears to be a Russian soldier or mercenary wearing a distinctive black fringed hat, mutilating a man who appears to be a captured Ukrainian soldier.

The victim in the video wears Ukrainian-style camouflage fatigues and is shown gagged, his hands tied behind his back. He lies helpless on the floor as the man in a Russian uniform, which features a “Z” patch, uses a box cutter to cut off his clothes and then appears to castrate him while shouting degrading insults in Russian. At least two other men who appear to be Russian soldiers can be seen in the video.

While it is unclear when the video was filmed, what appears to be the same man wearing the black fringed hat also appeared in a June broadcast by the Russian state-backed media outlet RT. In that clip, the apparent soldier can be seen carrying a Dragunov sniper rifle as he walks around the Azot chemical plant in the city of Severodonetsk after the Ukrainian withdrawal from the city. In a post that was published on the RIA Novosti Telegram channel, the Russian news agency identified the man as part of the Chechen “Akhmat” battalion of the Russian army.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-07-29 at 01:08 PM.

A horrific video posted online on Thursday appears to show a Ukrainian prisoner of war being castrated by his Russian captors.

The footage, which was initially posted on a pro-Russian Telegram page before spreading rapidly on social media, showed what appears to be a Russian soldier or mercenary wearing a distinctive black fringed hat, mutilating a man who appears to be a captured Ukrainian soldier.

The victim in the video wears Ukrainian-style camouflage fatigues and is shown gagged, his hands tied behind his back. He lies helpless on the floor as the man in a Russian uniform, which features a “Z” patch, uses a box cutter to cut off his clothes and then appears to castrate him while shouting degrading insults in Russian. At least two other men who appear to be Russian soldiers can be seen in the video.

While it is unclear when the video was filmed, what appears to be the same man wearing the black fringed hat also appeared in a June broadcast by the Russian state-backed media outlet RT. In that clip, the apparent soldier can be seen carrying a Dragunov sniper rifle as he walks around the Azot chemical plant in the city of Severodonetsk after the Ukrainian withdrawal from the city. In a post that was published on the RIA Novosti Telegram channel, the Russian news agency identified the man as part of the Chechen “Akhmat” battalion of the Russian army.
    theres another video where the execute the guy. This sort of sums up Russias war. They want to exterminate, humiliate, murder, rape, rob, imprison or sterilize all Ukranians because they don't believe they should exist as people. Its a genocidal Russian war. If any cunt ever talks about 'NATO or the West ' in the thread again they need to be flamed out of it.

The video is a classic 'How to make Ukranians fight to the death 101'. Imagine you are front lining and see that.

Ive said it once and ill say it again. We should arm Ukraine with every thing they want until every invader is dead.

1: Disgusting shit, he obviously needs to be cought and trialed at the very least, along with his commanders etc.

2: I hope the Russian military will take action, considering how scared they are of men who touches the penis of other men.

they also shelled people waiting for a bus

and shelled a prison with POW's from Mariupol killing 30+ (then blamed the ukranians for it)

dickheads.

I'm just gonna point out the hypocrisy though: people *acknowledge* all this stuff happening daily as horrifying a thousand times over, but when advocating anything on Putin himself, you are a meanie or even a monster. And those aren't even sentiments from Russian bots or shills but just normal people.

It just doesn't make much sense.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-07-29 at 02:59 PM.

>if you kill the big bad, you'll be just as bad as he is

If there was one trope I could have people violently shit themselves for using, it is this one.

I'm just gonna point out the hypocrisy though: people *acknowledge* all this stuff happening daily as horrifying a thousand times over, but when advocating anything on Putin himself, you are a meanie or even a monster. And those aren't even sentiments from Russian bots or shills but just normal people.

It just doesn't make much sense.
    what people? everyone in this thread has been hoping he has cancer or that one of his goons will dome him.

I simply hate Joe Biden for the fact he desperately wants Putin to have a stage exit the same way Pol Pot did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    what people? everyone in this thread has been hoping he has cancer or that one of his goons will dome him.
    Nah, definitely not. Refer to when I came up with an idea for his bold G2 visit. People (Biden) definitely want Putin to live, admit he fucked up with Ukraine when faced with defeat, and simply fuck off into a private island for the remainder of his life, not much else.

Nah, definitely not. Refer to when I came up with an idea for his bold G2 visit. People definitely want Putin to live and simply fuck off into an island mansion for the rest of his life, not much else.
    Don't confuse people not wanting to break international conventions and killing Putin at a conference, with people wanting Putin to get away scot-free.

also, there's a lot of genuine doubt killing Putin will do much in the end. Yeah, it would be nice if he died, but it should be noted he's cultivated a government of equally insane sycophants. Another like him - or even worse - will just take his place.

That's why I think Russia will win in the end. You can't scrub what's collectively there off the face of the Earth. It's a system.

also, there's a lot of genuine doubt killing Putin will do much in the end. Yeah, it would be nice if he died, but it should be noted he's cultivated a government of equally insane sycophants. Another like him or worse will just take his place.

That's why I think Russia will win. You can't scrub what's collectively there off the face of the Earth.
    Well the plan has always been to wait that Putin dies and russia fractures into smaller countries in the following power struggle.