Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Don't confuse people not wanting to break international conventions and killing Putin at a conference, with people wanting Putin to get away scot-free.
    It's YUPPIE you're talking to, there is no confusion, just their usual behaviour. At least, I hope that they are being disingenuous and aren't actually so dangerously naïve to actually hold those views.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I'm just gonna point out the hypocrisy though: people *acknowledge* all this stuff happening daily as horrifying a thousand times over, but when advocating anything on Putin himself, you are a meanie or even a monster. And those aren't even sentiments from Russian bots or shills but just normal people.

It just doesn't make much sense.
    Neither does your posting history. You've spent a lot of time on this forum soft-pedalling fascism, airing your pro-military stances and your desire to see a "super bad-ass" leader. Putin is exactly what you wanted and your shocked to see what it actually looks like when it rears its ugly head.

Well the plan has always been to wait that Putin dies and russia fractures into smaller countries in the following power struggle.
    so mini-me terrorist states run by warlords individually armed with nuclear codes? That sounds horrific and uncontrollable.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

so mini-me terrorist states run by warlords individually armed with nuclear codes? That sounds horrific and uncontrollable.
    At this point I'm ready to call the nuclear bluff. The world can't forever bend to whatever russia wants just because they have nukes.

At this point I'm ready to call the nuclear bluff. The world can't forever bend to whatever russia wants just because they have nukes.
    yeah but is it a bluff in the hands of a bunch of displaced warlords? With Putin people have made the argument he's pragmatic but who knows with Medvedev or Lavrov
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

yeah but is it a bluff in the hands of a bunch of displaced warlords? With Putin people have made the argument he's pragmatic but who knows with Medvedev or Lavrov
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't confuse people not wanting to break international conventions and killing Putin at a conference, with people wanting Putin to get away scot-free.
    I wish more people understood that nuance, in more than one sense.

We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.
    Doesn't sound very optimistic for a conclusion on this conversation.

Overall, I just hope people sooner accept the world is headed in a very dark place in a foreseeable future.

Lul. According to my sources, the Ukrainians didn't take the castration video lightly. The word on the assholes of the internet goes that Ukrainians haven't really been in the "taking prisoners" business in the past 24 hours.

Lul. According to my sources, the Ukrainians didn't take the castration video lightly. The word on the assholes of the internet goes that Ukrainians haven't really been in the "taking prisoners" business in the past 24 hours.
    that full video, where they shove his testicles up his mouth and drag him to death with a rope tied to a vehicle, is viral on reddit right now

this is horrible

this is horrible
    This is warfare with russians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Understandable...yet in the long run not extremely useful. I know you and I don't really see eye to eye on how to deal with ryssät but I do hope we can agree that there is some wisdom in getting your enemy to surrender instead of having to fight for every mm of ground as that takes time, resources and is generally more exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Understandable...yet in the long run not extremely useful. I know you and I don't really see eye to eye on how to deal with ryssät but I do hope we can agree that there is some wisdom in getting your enemy to surrender instead of having to fight for every mm of ground as that takes time, resources and is generally more exhausting.
    Sure, I don't mind being practical.

Next war crime has come to light. Russia reported more than 40 Ukrainian POWs are dead, claiming Ukraine attacked the camp they were in, even going so far to plant HIMARS debris there.

Ukraine has said they never fired anywhere near the sites and have released Intel, including intercepted calls, showing the Russians moved the prisoners there just days before then detonated the site in an effort to cover up the torture and murder of POWs. Ukraine is asking that the UN and the Red Cross be allowed to the site to investigate. Just watch Russia deny them access.

And to reinforce just how suspicious Russia's claims are, not a single Russia guard was as much as injured in the 'attack'.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-07-29 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Next war crime has come to light. Russia reported more than 40 Ukrainian POWs are dead, claiming Ukraine attacked the camp they were in, even going so far to plant HIMARS debris there.

Ukraine has said they never fired anywhere near the sites and have released Intel, including intercepted calls, showing the Russians moved the prisoners there just days before then detonated the site in an effort to cover up the torture and murder of POWs. Ukraine is asking that the UN and the Red Cross be allowed to the site to investigate. Just watch Russia deny them access.

And to reinforce just how suspicious Russia's claims are, not a single Russia guard was as much as injured in the 'attack'.
    That's apparently one part, another is this:

In a statement, the Ukrainian army said the attack was “not coordinated with the leadership” of Russia’s defence ministry and was used to conceal the “embezzlement of funds” allocated for Ukrainian POWs.
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...ows-are-killed

Mind you, if I read this correctly then the Ukrainians are saying that this was an UNSANCTIONED attack by rogue elements to hide their other crimes: stealing money that should have gone to taking care of the prisoners...The mind boggles.

I mean yeah, add to the pile, but Russia has already committed every war crime and crime against humanity in Ukraine by now short of WMDs.

The question is what do you people propose to stop this from happening any further...

I mean yeah, add to the pile, but Russia has already committed every war crime and crime against humanity in Ukraine by now short of WMDs.

The question is what do you people propose to stop this from happening any further...
    That's why it's so strange that you support such behavior, and consider warmongering to be a positive trait in leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's why it's so strange that you support such behavior, and consider warmongering to be a positive trait in leaders.
    That's why he says "you people" meaning those of us who don't cream themselves over it the way he does.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    He is wanting us to say "Start WW3 and force everyone to fight." because he's desperate for WW3 so he can go die in some sort of "meaningful" death.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    He is wanting us to say "Start WW3 and force everyone to fight." because he's desperate for WW3 so he can go die in some sort of "meaningful" death.
    I welcome him to join the United States marine Corps, or I'll gladly pay for his one-way trip to Donbas.