10+ Year Old Account
    Russia is ready to arm its allies

I'm not sure I'd take it, not even if they paid me to and the question is also: WHICH weapons?
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-08-15 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post

I'm not sure I'd take it, not even if they paid me to and the question is also: WHICH weapons?
    The cold war rust obviously :P

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV...te_of_the_art/

Reddit, so grains of salt on the source but...uh...I don't think the helmets the Russian soldiers are apparently being sent to war with will do very much. Given the damage sustained from an admittedly very large man punching it, I'm questionable that it would effective for anything. Doesn't seem like it would protect against any kind of puncturing, and I also don't think it'll be very effective against hard blunt-force hits, either.

Like, this guys helmet seems like it would be more useful in war than this piece of metal -

You might want to check how the population pyramid looks, on the population as a whole it's nothing, but in the respective cohorts where these young people are coming from it's devastating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Russia

russia already has a fertility problem, removing 80000+ men from the equation isn't going to do them any favours. (provided they don't already have children.)
    It's pointless trying to explain this stuff to some people. I'm still trying to explain to people who live in my politically red area why covid resulted in help wanted signs and poor service everywhere, but as soon as they hear someone say "people are too lazy to work these days" it's like the light inside their brain shuts off.

Their allies are crappy 3rd world countries. They'll take a turd if it's offered to them. Also I'm not sure these shitholes are wise enough to notice ruZZia's military might is mostly a fake show for parades.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2022-08-15 at 11:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Their allies are crappy 3rd world countries. They'll take a turd if it's offered to them. Also I'm not sure these shitholes are wise enough to notice ruZZia's military might is mostly a fake show for parades.
    We sent them 600000 rifles.
    Here is invoice, for 400000 rifles.
    Sign to receive 200000 rifles.
    We unloaded 100000 rifles.
    Dear Czar Putin,
    On behalf of my people, I wish to thank you for the well worn antique rifle you sent.
    Signed: Diplomatic stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

This one slipped by, but with the airfield strike the other day, Russia has hit 50 confirmed plane losses. 51 to date to be exact. Plus 51 helicopters and over 100 drones. And confirmed tank losses have hit 950. It will only be a short while until they have had 1000 confirmed tank losses. Actual numbers will be higher.

Despite the evidence of it littering the Ukrainian countryside, Putin says Russian arms are 'significantly superior' to that of its rivals, years ahead technologically. The cope levels are approaching that of end of WW2 Germany with their belief in new wunderwaffe that would change the course of the war. More proof? They have unveiled plans for a new spacestation to rival the ISS.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-08-16 at 12:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    We sent them 600000 rifles.
    Here is invoice, for 800000 rifles.
    Sign to receive 200000 rifles.
    We unloaded 100000 rifles.
    Dear Czar Putin,
    On behalf of my people, I wish to thank you for the well worn antique rifle you sent.
    Signed: Diplomatic stuff.
    Invoice more than agreed and delivered, scamming 101 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Despite the evidence of it littering the Ukrainian countryside, Putin says Russian arms are 'significantly superior' to that of its rivals, years ahead technologically. The cope levels are approaching that of end of WW2 Germany with their belief in new wunderwaffe that would change the course of the war. More proof? They have unveiled plans for a new spacestation to rival the ISS.
    Was just coming to post the "decades ahead of western counterparts" stuff. Like...maybe Putin should try using those future-weapons in Ukraine if they exist, no? Surely that would speed along the 3-day special operation that's approaching the end of its 6th month.

Can you imagine how devastated the demographics are after this, they're already shot to hell due to the tactics of WWII, but repeating those tactics on the modern battlefield means that any prospective stabilization is completely undone.
    Looks like Putler has realized this too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    As if there weren’t enough parallels about who the real fascists are already, the germans did the exact same thing during the 1930s and 1940s.

Got to admire the sense of humour from the Ukrainians - their Defence Intelligence has given an award to the Russian journalist who accidently revealed the location of the Wagnerite headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    And they're now doing the, "And Russian women will bear more sons" bit too? Fuckin wild how quickly history seems to repeat itself in Russia.

This 3-day special operation keeps getting worse all the time.

Honestly I wouldn't even trust the Russia government to pay up, because that's at minimum what, 100 +12 month investment if you're speed running that shit like a madwoman? Lot of expenses in the interim on top of that and I don't think the $16K is gonna quite cover erm...um...well...much of that at all even with lower cost of living. Seems like a losing investment on all sides, it's a bad deal ladies. Unless you just wanna have 10 kids, then slay queen. But otherwise definitely a bad deal. I wouldn't even expect the Russian government to have liquidity that far out at the rate things are going.

5+ Year Old Account
    Got to admire the sense of humour from the Ukrainians - their Defence Intelligence has given an award to the Russian journalist who accidently revealed the location of the Wagnerite headquarters.
    YEP.

Gotta love em for that.

How is Putin making boasts of arming other terrorist states right now if the news media always claims he's losing most of his equipment and forces in Ukraine?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    How is Putin making boasts of arming other terrorist states right now if the news media always claims he's losing most of his equipment and forces in Ukraine?
    Have you heard of a concept called "deception"?

10+ Year Old Account
    russians really ought to quit smoking

"No serious casualties", uh-huh.

russians really ought to quit smoking

"No serious casualties", uh-huh.
    It was another impressive special smoking operation. Lots of cook offs.

And HIMARS has hit another base - this one apparently a SOF one.

Russia is also hosting its annual arms expo - Army 2022. They have a habit of trotting out wunderwaffe that never ends up being built. This one had a robodog carrying a rocketlauncher. The problem with it? Its actually a chinese robot that can be bought on Alibaba.

It was another impressive special smoking operation. Lots of cook offs.

And HIMARS has hit another base - this one apparently a SOF one.

Russia is also hosting its annual arms expo - Army 2022. They have a habit of trotting out wunderwaffe that never ends up being built. This one had a robodog carrying a rocketlauncher. The problem with it? Its actually a chinese robot that can be bought on Alibaba.
    The robot dog reminded me of a soviet WW2 tactic that backfired big time.

The Soviets were teaching dogs to run under tanks so they'd run under German tanks and the explosives they carried would be set off. But for many reasons it was just a terrible idea.

One reason vein Soviet tanks used diesel, Germans Petrol, so dogs trained were used to diesel smell and ran to soviet tanks, not German

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The robot dog reminded me of a soviet WW2 tactic that backfired big time.

The Soviets were teaching dogs to run under tanks so they'd run under German tanks and the explosives they carried would be set off. But for many reasons it was just a terrible idea.

One reason vein Soviet tanks used diesel, Germans Petrol, so dogs trained were used to diesel smell and ran to soviet tanks, not German
    Also sometimes dogs got scared and ran back to their owner and exploded on them instead.