Cucker Tarlson's miliary 'expert' is just as deranged and deluded as he is. From just a couple of days ago, during the great Kharkiv rout, he was saying that apparently Ukraine is 'desperate' and things are going 'very, very badly' for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Cucker Tarlson's miliary 'expert' is just as deranged and deluded as he is. From just a couple of days ago, during the great Kharkiv rout, he was saying that apparently Ukraine is 'desperate' and things are going 'very, very badly' for them.
    Man who knew that capturing over 800 square miles in less than a week and over 2,000 since the beginning of the month was considered "doing badly", if that the case I wonder what he thinks of how Russia is doing.

Man, I kinda wanna taste Putin's dick. That thing must be delicious.

I’m so perplexed at India. They announced unwavering support to Russia and still buy gas from them, but they still send a ton of humanitarian aid to the Ukrainians they don’t send Russia.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I’m so perplexed at India. They announced unwavering support to Russia and still buy gas from them, but they still send a ton of humanitarian aid to the Ukrainians they don’t send Russia.
    No, they did not announce unwavering support. You made that up. What they did was to do the things easy way for them by buying shit from Russia. They still also weep for the murder of ukrainians because that is what a sensible nation does. I am no India expert but I dare to guess they simply do not have the same resources as Europe does when detaching itself from russian assets.

Whether the western world can/will assist India for cutting off all dependencies to Russia, is another matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Its just money. They buy gas cheap from russa, turn it into liquid gas and sell it to europe making a profit. The aid is just to look away type of deal. Like when milionare donates to a charity.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    No, they did not announce unwavering support. You made that up. What they did was to do the things easy way for them by buying shit from Russia. They still also weep for the murder of ukrainians because that is what a sensible nation does. I am no India expert but I dare to guess they simply do not have the same resources as Europe does when detaching itself from russian assets.

Whether the western world can/will assist India for cutting off all dependencies to Russia, is another matter.
    I think it has a lot to do with much of their military assets being russian and requiring Russian service and support as well. Also the fact that they probably care about Ukraine as much as the West cares about non-White, non-European descent people, which is not particularly much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think it has a lot to do with much of their military assets being russian and requiring Russian service and support as well. Also the fact that they probably care about Ukraine as much as the West cares about non-White, non-European descent people, which is not particularly much.
    Far more likely explanation than "unwavering support to genocide". Not that the West would start to care any more given how mutual the aloof attitude is. What a cycle eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Far more likely explanation than "unwavering support to genocide". Not that the West would start to care any more given how mutual the aloof attitude is. What a cycle eh?
    If anything this war does show the North-South divide, I mean yes, lots of countries condemn the invasion but when you look deeper you do see a lot of resentment towards the west and NATO by those same countries.

And a lot of that resentment is linked to colonialism, sadly. The "funny" thing is of course that russians would have colonized just as hard in Africa as the west if they would have had the opportunity.

lol russia brought a load of 'teachers' in to indoctrinate the kids and they all got left behind in the assault. 15 years in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lol russia brought a load of 'teachers' in to indoctrinate the kids and they all got left behind in the assault. 15 years in jail.
    Russia, stop ruining my Warhammer orc fantasy!!

New warboss takes control of a tribe, kills the servants of the old warboss.

Well, Russia is amazing at making russians despise their own glorious empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    If anything this war does show the North-South divide, I mean yes, lots of countries condemn the invasion but when you look deeper you do see a lot of resentment towards the west and NATO by those same countries.

And a lot of that resentment is linked to colonialism, sadly. The "funny" thing is of course that russians would have colonized just as hard in Africa as the west if they would have had the opportunity.
    At the end of the day if US and/or Europe decided to enforce sanctions, much of the south would be forced to go along because the reality is, however much China and Russia like to talk about their influence there, Foreign Direct Investment from the US and Europe remains the plurality if not the majority. If anything the ones loudest will be corrupt governments who chafe at the minimal restrictions placed on them by the West which China and Russia will not require for investment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia, stop ruining my Warhammer orc fantasy!!

New warboss takes control of a tribe, kills the servants of the old warboss.

Well, Russia is amazing at making russians despise their own glorious empire.
    Warboss sends Weirdboyz to front lines.
    They perils of the warped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Warboss sends Weirdboyz to front lines.
    They perils of the warped.
    Don't forget the Flyboyz.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1569484504812556288

(Note: The ability to fly by believing you can only works for Orks in the Warhammer universe.)

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post

The Russians did colonize. It's just that they colonized land next to their own which everybody somehow does not consider colonization. And they still hold on to all that land.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territ...tion_of_Russia

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    The Russians did colonize. It's just that they colonized land next to their own which everybody somehow does not consider colonization. And they still hold on to all that land.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territ...tion_of_Russia
    I meant specifically in Africa. There was an ill-fated attempt to colonize Madagascar as far as I know but Peter the Great died halfway through the trip so the ships returned when they heard that, or so I'm told.

So Africans don't perceive russians as colonizers but rather as freedom supporters as they helped a lot of nations gain independence from Western powers. (Which OBVIOUSLY had nothing to do with expanding the sphere of influence of the USSR.)

The situation is getting worse by day, a lot of deep hate is being built up for a long long term. This is not good at all, its very worrisome. Most of the soldiers dying on either side are mostly just young recruits, its just sad.
    Last edited by Xjev; 2022-09-13 at 03:48 PM.

Eh, that account makes some wildly over the top claims without evidence. The UK MoD never said the 1st Guards Tank Army had been destroyed but that it had taken losses during the Kharkiv rout.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    The situation is getting worse by day, a lot of deep hate is being built up for a long long term.
    I find it interesting: the fact social media tries to enforce a "no racist/nation bashing" policy as a whole but Russia seems to be exempt from that, even on this thread. Most of the time people aren't just shitting on Putin, but Russians as a whole, calling them all kinds of slurs, nicknames, and shitting on their state identity. But no one minds it all that much, if at all.

In real life right now, saying you're Russian or admiring your state in any way abroad actually earns you a literal ass-kicking, to the point people have been trying to deny their ethnicity altogether.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."