10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    The situation is getting worse by day, a lot of deep hate is being built up for a long long term. This is not good at all, its very worrisome. Most of the soldiers dying on either side are mostly just young recruits, its just sad.
    Pretty sure the “deep hate” is quite justified on the Ukrainians’ side, considering the wholesale murder and war crimes they had perpetrated against them.

If the Russians are looking for someone to hate, they should look to the leaders of their own country that sent them to die pointlessly.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    In real life right now, saying you're Russian or admiring your state in any way abroad actually earns you a literal ass-kicking, to the point people have been trying to deny their ethnicity altogether.
    I continue to wonder what absolutely fictional reality you live in. Because it's sure not the one the rest of us exist in.

"But here's one example!" I hear shouted from the peanut gallery.

That's nice, one example is not data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I continue to wonder what absolutely fictional reality you live in. Because it's sure not the one the rest of us exist in.

It is, just not enough data to infer anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

There are lots of stories of racially motivated ass beatings and, more notably, Russian businesses facing arson attacks and vandalism.

While I doubt this will illicit much if any sympathy, that’s just the illustration of being openly Russian abroad right now unless you’re in the mafia or with Trump. Hell, some businesses and organizations will even ask you to denounce your country as we see in Sports.

I don't agree with the other poster when he said "hate runs on both sides", though. No one gives a shit if Russians hate Ukrainians or anyone for that matter. With everyone else, though, being Ukrainian right now earns you sympathy points by default.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-09-13 at 05:04 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

5+ Year Old Account
    There are lots of stories of racially motivated ass beatings and, more notably, Russian businesses facing arson attacks and vandalism.

While I doubt this will illicit much if any sympathy, that’s just the illustration of being openly Russian abroad right now unless you’re in the mafia or with Trump. Hell, some businesses and organizations will even ask you to denounce your country as we see in Sports.

I don't agree with the other poster when he said "hate runs on both sides", though. No one gives a shit if Russians hate Ukrainians or anyone for that matter. With everyone else, though, being Ukrainian right now earns you sympathy points by default.
    Well if your country is waging a genocidal war, I don't think it's unacceptable to demand people renounce it.

Also the Russian people are the ones enabling their government, they're all guilty.

If anything we're being far too lenient. Russians should be expelled or put into camps, like the Japanese were during WWII.

When I hear about some Russians protesting in Germany, demanding the German government ceases the arms shipments to Ukraine my blood boils. They should be arrested or shot on the spot for being terrorists.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-09-13 at 05:22 PM.

Generally I've never seen it called nation bashing when you discuss actions of an aggressor nation during a war.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    If anything we're being far too lenient.
    you know there's the minority that still says the Russian citizens are just being "oppressed" by Putin/Kremlin and unable to do anything because the average person doesn't want to be skinned alive with their whole family and knifed to death.

It's up to the person to decide if it's their fault or not.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

5+ Year Old Account
    you know there's the minority that still says the Russian citizens are just being "oppressed" by Putin/Kremlin and unable to do anything because the average person doesn't want to be skinned alive with their whole family and knifed to death.

It's up to the person to decide if it's their fault or not.
    So their excuse for supporting a genocidal war is cowardice? Sheesh, in that case, carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    So their excuse for supporting a genocidal war is cowardice? Sheesh, in that case, carry on!
    it's hard to say who is genuine, isn't it? Right now they'll even find your ass if you criticize their bootleg IP replacements like the new McDonald.

Russia right now should honestly be seen as another North Korea. It's not a part of the civilized world anymore.

it's hard to say who is genuine, isn't it?
    Quite often yes.
    However signs point to the guy who claimed they would shut the fuck up until nukes start flying and then failed to shut the fuck up despite no nukes being launched so far as not being genuine so sometimes it's pretty easy.

Edit: How is this trolling and/or worthy of an infraction?
    Last edited by Attackrabbit; 2022-09-13 at 06:52 PM.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

so that Russian council about a day ago that called for Putin's resignation has apparently been dissolved today (unsurprisingly).

Though no news of everyone involved being killed that soon, coupled with the news of yet another executive being murdered yesterday, this is what I mean! Putin will kill you for anything regardless of who you are.

so that Russian council about a day ago that called for Putin's resignation has apparently been dissolved today (unsurprisingly).

Though no news of everyone involved being killed that soon, coupled with the news of yet another executive being murdered yesterday, this is what I mean! Putin will kill you for anything regardless of who you are.
    I guess then it's a good thing his career is gonna skyrocket...downwards

And yeah been on recent news that one more of his buddies fell off a wi---a boat??

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I guess then it's a good thing his career is gonna skyrocket...downwards
    no one is going to kill Putin. What I honestly suspect, like a lot of people, is should the situation get worse in Ukraine, he'll at the least go full-on Stalin purging and drop any pretenses of civility in Moscow.

One of the things I don't get is people claim he doesn't do that already fearing civilian wrath in Moscow. Like, what are they gonna do to him?

no one is going to kill Putin. What I honestly suspect, like a lot of people, is should the situation get worse in Ukraine, he'll at the least go full-on Stalin purging and drop any pretenses of civility in Moscow.

One of the things I don't get is people claim he doesn't do that already fearing civilian wrath in Moscow. Like, what are they gonna do to him?
    Don't need to kill Putin for him to retire somewhere safe and far away without him ever facing justice. And he already silences opposition. In Russia, you get arrested first, then suspected of a crime, not vice versa.

ut oh hopefully these guys dont get involved : https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkg3...ufos-over-kyiv

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2208.11215.pdf

yuppie you have the loosest grip on reality, what do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    ut oh hopefully these guys dont get involved : https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkg3...ufos-over-kyiv

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2208.11215.pdf

yuppie you have the loosest grip on reality, what do you think?
    Eh, it's not that strange to see UFO's in a warzone, I mean there's the whole Foo-fighter thing from WWII. I can almost guarantee that all the major powers are interested in this right now because no one wants to make mistakes.

Another big haul on Oryx - 84 more units of heavy equipment added in 1 day lost by Russia, including 45 more captured.

The total for the last 8 days is more than 500 pieces of heavy equipment. Russia had lost 1000 tanks in the previous 7 months. In just the last 7 DAYS they lost over 100.

- - - Updated - - -

So how desperate are Russia for infantry? I know thats a familiar tune but they are really, really desperate now.

One of the PoWs taken in the great Kharkiv rout was 'volunteered' from the Strategic Rocket Forces and sent off as infantry. You know, the forces that are meant to control and maintain Russia's NOOOOOOOOOOOKS.

I'd like to add to the PoW topic that Ukraine is considering those Russian-instilled teachers to be war criminals and not just average PoWs.

So life imprisonment may very well apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    So how desperate are Russia for infantry? I know thats a familiar tune but they are really, really desperate now.

One of the PoWs taken in the great Kharkiv rout was 'volunteered' from the Strategic Rocket Forces and sent off as infantry. You know, the forces that are meant to control and maintain Russia's NOOOOOOOOOOOKS.
    Well, that answers the question of "Do the RuZZlamic state nukes even work?".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.