Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I seriously think Xi is getting truly fed up with putin.
    Authoritarians don't respect other authoritarians who show weakness. It should be clear even to him that Putler is atleast incompetent if nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    And meanwhile in Finland, pressure grows within the parliament to close the border entirely, for all russians. Let's fucking do it!
    I fucking hate all this pointless bureaucracy in our country. Even an immediate national security risk leaves our system impotent in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They want to mark Donbass as Russian territory sothat they can claim Ukraine is invading Russia and use nukes as retaliation.
    Russia is not going to glass itself over the Donbas. There is no calculation in which dying in nuclear fire is worth saying you annexed some land before dying to said nuclear fire.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

And meanwhile in Finland, pressure grows within the parliament to close the border entirely, for all russians. Let's fucking do it!

Let them fight and die for their beloved genocidal cause.

Also your link doesn't work for me, page doesn't exist.
    Hmm he deleted it which makes me doubt its authenticity, so I will also delete. Thank you for letting me know.

This seems more reliable: https://www.kelikamerat.info/kelikam..._Vaalimaa_raja
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2022-09-21 at 03:00 PM.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Hmm he deleted it which makes me doubt its authenticity, so I will also delete. Thank you for letting me know.

This seems more reliable: https://www.kelikamerat.info/kelikam..._Vaalimaa_raja
    It's reliable, thanks. The camera feed comes from the cameras under supervision of Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency.

I don't know though how easily russians can get to Finland atm, they all can't just use the tourist visa excuse...And any other visa application processing time has been so greatly extended that it probably reduces the traffic down to 10% of the normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's reliable, thanks. The camera feed comes from the cameras under supervision of Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency.

I don't know though how easily russians can get to Finland atm, they all can't just use the tourist visa excuse...And any other visa application processing time has been so greatly extended that it probably reduces the traffic down to 10% of the normal.
    I read on YLE that the border guard saw a marked uptick in forged passports, from Azerbaijan, Armenia and Georgia, among others, and a lot of those caught immediately ask for asylum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Russia is not going to glass itself over the Donbas. There is no calculation in which dying in nuclear fire is worth saying you annexed some land before dying to said nuclear fire.
    Putin is increasingly cornered and desperate dictator without any options.

Such people rarely make any good decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please, please, don't go YUPPIE on us.

Desperate dictator may wish to recall that any silly nuclear warfare means his minions gonna burn too, and they do not wish to sink with the ship.

And the whole fact that the minutes after Putin would use such a weapon, the streets would be full of millions of russians in open anarchy, a green orcish tide to wash over the capital in utter chaos for they know what is going to happen to their little city in the coming days.

7+ Year Old Account

The moment he orders nukes is the moment he is getting swiftly deposed by his buddies.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    The moment he orders nukes is the moment he is getting swiftly deposed by his buddies.
    That would be great, but I'm afraid that Putin is paranoid enough to stay far away from any windows.

7+ Year Old Account
    That would be great, but I'm afraid that Putin is paranoid enough to stay far away from any windows.
    And what is he gonna do when they all turn against him? Hide in the corner and mash buttons in his nuke suitcase? His soviet tools of oppression and terror can easily turn against him if he shows signs of weakness and/or insanity. And he has been steadily weakening since the start of invasion.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-21 at 03:38 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The nuke talk is moot, they are a last resort and frankly not very effective considering nuclear winds don't care about borders. The United States killed more people in Vietnam using chemical weapons than the nukes in Japan. Russia would start this process there they have a large stockpile of biological and chemical weapons to empty out first. The speech only amounts to one thing, this is going to be a long war and who knows how it will play out. I still remember people on this board saying this would be all over within 1-2 months thanks to sanctions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Please, please, don't go YUPPIE on us.
    Oh come on, we need some nukes:

....even if they are just to imagane....
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    As for the social unrest I just read that the Duma is proposing a new law making it illegal to refuse to fight, punishable by up to 10 years in prison. I'm sure that will quell the unrest.
    We're ready to fight! Got our guns and everything! WOOHOO!
    We mean against the Nazi Ukrainians.
    Oh, well, you weren't very clear were you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

7+ Year Old Account
    ~100 protesters against mobilization taken into custody in Russia. Guess we know who will be the first "volunteers" to join the army.

~100 protesters against mobilization taken into custody in Russia. Guess we know who will be the first "volunteers" to join the army.
    And who said ruZZia isn't a free country? You have an option to join the army or you can join wagner from prison.

Let Putler try to send 300k more RuZZlamic terrorists, only this time armed with small arms and half or no gear. West needs to send Ukraine more artillery systems and ammo to mow them down with.

Also, the Finnish border has to be closed indefinitely, while next to a terrorist state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

some brave people out in moscow protesting. chanting 'no to war' 'putin to the trenches'. Police are being pretty rough.

how many posting would be doing this : https://twitter.com/Sota_Vision/stat...23472987361281

if this fella wants to flee let him into europe.
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2022-09-21 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    some brave people out in moscow protesting. chanting 'no to war' 'putin to the trenches'. Police are being pretty rough.
    That stubbornness, toughness, and determination Russians are said to have? The one that they view as a national treasure?
    It exists.
    Sure the police can beat the protesters. They'll be back soon, and more to join.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    They'll be back soon, and more to join.
    Not so likely to happen in russia. What's more likely is there will be just a couple of hundred protestors here and there and they will be dispersed or taken into custody.