7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Halloween Voter View Post
    Snowden is a good example of an old Cold War principle: the punishment for spying for Russia is living in Russia.

Always found it very karmic how depressed Kim Philby was living in Russia after defecting.
    Just gonna say that someone like Snowden or Philby don't get the same standards of living as your average person. They get better housing, better healthcare, a lot more money then your average person there and are part of select circles of society that are hard to get into.

And Philby being depressed about it is a myth.

As for Snowden. He really was a naïve fool.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

The first mobilised soldier has already been taken pow. He lasted just three days before attempting to desert but got captured instead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkrainianCo...t=share_button

- - - Updated - - -

Nord stream 1 and 2 have both sprung leaks in what many seem to think was sabotage.

https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...rce=reddit.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The first mobilised soldier has already been taken pow. He lasted just three days before attempting to desert but got captured instead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkrainianCo...t=share_button

- - - Updated - - -

Nord stream 1 and 2 have both sprung leaks in what many seem to think was sabotage.

Shalcker said it was not sabotage because Putin already stopped pumping gas to Europa. Why would he sabotage it?

So yeah, it's definitely sabotage

Apparently seismic monitoring stations in southern Sweden and Denmark detected underwater explosions in the area (during the period when it's believed they were damaged).

Quote Originally Posted by Google Translate
    The gas leaks on Nord Stream 1 and 2 are being investigated by the German state as deliberate attacks. Now SVT can reveal that measuring stations in both Sweden and Denmark recorded powerful underwater blasts in the same area as the gas leaks on Monday. "There's no doubt that there are blasts," says Björn Lund, senior lecturer in seismology at the Swedish National Seismic Network, SNSN.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/s...ll-nord-stream
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2022-09-27 at 01:34 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

it doesn't have to have been actually Russia who sabotaged it. Probably plenty of people who would love to make sure Germany doesn't run back home to Russia at the earliest opportunity.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, first results are in. After "counting" 14% of votes, 96,97% "voted" for joining Russia.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Welp, first results are in. After "counting" 14% of votes, 96,97% "voted" for joining Russia.
    Of course. Easy to get a result you prefer when you send gunmen from door to door, ask for their vote, then the gunmen putting the said vote on the paper without showing the actual voter if the correct one was put in...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Shalcker said it was not sabotage because Putin already stopped pumping gas to Europa. Why would he sabotage it?

So yeah, it's definitely sabotage
    Im abit torn on the issue, there was clearly gas running through them still.

Implication being If gas was running, payment would be going to russia.
    If that is the case I am severly dissapointed in germany.

But to their benefit I could also see the russians manufacturing this event, pumping gas and ripping their own lines to sow confusion and create division. And at the same time threaten more vital supply lines.
    Its right up their playbook.

Either way, im glad that they are sabotaged now.
    I called for ripping those pipelines from the very outset of this conflict.
    Again, isolate them.

Rather pressing now, for the norwegian gov to actually get their sh*t together and bar russian vessels from entry into the northsea.
    (the fishing/ salmon treaties be damned, its farmed now mostly anyway; russians overfishing in their sector is not exactly an important issue right now).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Im abit torn on the issue, there was clearly gas running through them still.

Implication being If gas was running, payment would be going to russia.
    If that is the case I am severly dissapointed in germany.

But to their benefit I could also see the russians manufacturing this event, pumping gas and ripping their own lines to sow confusion and create division. And at the same time threaten more vital supply lines.
    Its right up their playbook.

Either way, im glad that they are sabotaged now.
    I called for ripping those pipelines from the very outset of this conflict.
    Again, isolate them.

Rather pressing now, for the norwegian gov to actually get their sh*t together and bar russian vessels from entry into the northsea.
    (the fishing/ salmon treaties be damned, its farmed now mostly anyway; russians overfishing in their sector is not exactly an important issue right now).
    Unless technology moved since few years ago, there always has to be a certain amount of gas pumped through the pipes. That's how this tech works.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Of course. Easy to get a result you prefer when you send gunmen from door to door, ask for their vote, then the gunmen putting the said vote on the paper without showing the actual voter if the correct one was put in...
    Don't forget that the boxes for the votes were transparent as well...(or at least the ones I saw were transparent.)

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Don't forget that the boxes for the votes were transparent as well...(or at least the ones I saw were transparent.)
    Aren't they always? Russia always pretends to show honesty in things, for show.

Also any ukrainian left in the regions were also "voting in behalf of the fled family members". So one "vote" counted as several votes, decided by Russia of course.

Nothing legitimate in the voting, just Russia trying to pretend Ukraine would be "invading" them instead to sell it as a defensive war...for Russia.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Aren't they always? Russia always pretends to show honesty in things, for show.

Also any ukrainian left in the regions were also "voting in behalf of the fled family members". So one "vote" counted as several votes, decided by Russia of course.

Nothing legitimate in the voting, just Russia trying to pretend Ukraine would be "invading" them instead to sell it as a defensive war...for Russia.
    And let's face it. Whoever stayed in those regions since 2014 was either die-hard Putler fan or too old/disabled to run away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless technology moved since few years ago, there always has to be a certain amount of gas pumped through the pipes. That's how this tech works.
    Perhaps, I do not know.

Appartently explotions where registered on seismic measuring stations.
    So yeah sabotage seems guaranteed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Perhaps, I do not know.

Appartently explotions where registered on seismic measuring stations.
    So yeah sabotage seems guaranteed.
    Accidents can also happen and, out of curiosity, I checked the area for geology, I'm not sure if some underwater shit can be ruled out.

Anyway we'll see what the cause is, even if I wonder who would benefit here.

@Makabreska

Caretakers? Families? No money to go away? It's, unfortunately, not always that easy. A large proportion will be as you say but there will also be a significant amount of people who just cannot leave, even if they wanted to.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well the results were already in last week...

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

Excellent. We cold turkey on gas now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post

Excellent. We cold turkey on gas now.
    No such luck, both pipelines were empty and it won't affect gas supplies to Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Quite funny to realise that Shalcker is most likely in a 18km queue into Georgia
    I'll repeat: shalcker has long claimed to be a sysadmin, a profession that's exempted from mobilization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I'll repeat: shalcker has long claimed to be a sysadmin, a profession that's exempted from mobilization.
    I mean, according Shalcker, he is a sysadmin. According to Russia, they might be exempt. We probably shouldn't trust either of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Weren't they snatching up people from literal ICBM manufactories? Sounds like they don't give a shit about 'professionals'.