Ria Novosti claims there will be trains using the bridge later today.

Here's hoping for a Neptune missile to destroy the bridge entirely, or the train using it (unlikely given Neptune is probably not meant for such targets). Or the bridge simply collapsing on its own. Or Russia is just more about words than actions.

Hey, Crimea is a warzone, so it is on them if they choose to give Ukraine a free military target.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-10-08 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Ria Novosti claims there will be trains using the bridge later today.

Here's hoping for a Neptune missile to destroy the bridge entirely, or the train using it (unlikely given Neptune is probably not meant for such targets). Or the bridge simply collapsing on its own. Or Russia is just more about words than actions.

Hey, Crimea is a warzone, so it is on them if they choose to give Ukraine a free military target.
    Have you seen the state of those tracks? No way a trains running there any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Have you seen the state of those tracks? No way a trains running there any time soon.
    Yes, I have. But russians couldn't just admit they're fucked, so they brashly imagine the damage was insignificant. We'll see in 3 hours 20 minutes how their promise holds up

10+ Year Old Account
    True… I suppose it’s a question who has better access to explosives, the Russian army or partisans…

Yea… you got me there… i concede it’s probably partisans.
    to be fair, with how russians are just dropping supplies and running, its likely that it was partisans USING Russian army explosives
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

I wonder if any train using the tracks by later today is going to destroy the bridge completely. That kind of fire, I have to imagine, can't be good for the structural integrity of the tracks and the bridge itself. And yet I can easily imagine the people in charge being so afraid of appearing like they lost control of the situation that they would forgo any kind of serious inspection and rely on the bridge looking superficially fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    I wonder if any train using the tracks by later today is going to destroy the bridge completely. That kind of fire, I have to imagine, can't be good for the structural integrity of the tracks and the bridge itself. And yet I can easily imagine the people in charge being so afraid of appearing like they lost control of the situation that they would forgo any kind of serious inspection and rely on the bridge looking superficially fine.
    It goes beyond a safety issue though… the track literally got twisted, something trains can’t deal with…

I’d be surprised if they can get the burnt out train off the track in short order, let alone let another train go by.

10+ Year Old Account
    It goes beyond a safety issue though… the track literally got twisted, something trains can’t deal with…

I’d be surprised if they can get the burnt out train off the track in short order, let alone let another train go by.
    More than likely they'll save the cars still on good track and push off the ones they can't save into the water.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    To those obsessed with not hurting Russia too much:

Works of Russian culture will be fine. There is no Roman Republic/Empire anymore, but works of their culture still remain. There are no ancient Greek city-states anymore, but works of their culture still remain. For the betterment of the humanity, Russian Federation shouldn't exist anymore, but obviously Russian-speaking people will still exist. I know, I'm one of them. Even after there's no Russia, works of Russian culture will be fine.

If Russia doesn't undergo some process similar to what Germany did, it will remain this terrorist/Nazi state forever, they will never have a reason to change as a nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post

Works of Russian culture will be fine. There is no Roman Republic/Empire anymore, but works of their culture still remain. There are no ancient Greek city-states anymore, but works of their culture still remain. For the betterment of the humanity, Russian Federation shouldn't exist anymore, but obviously Russian-speaking people will still exist. I know, I'm one of them. Even after there's no Russia, works of Russian culture will be fine.

If Russia doesn't undergo some process similar to what Germany did, it will remain this terrorist/Nazi state forever, they will never have a reason to change as a nation.
    But how would that be achieved? Germany had to be demolished and effectively occupied. It was also split between the powers that be of the time. How do you occupy it without drawing China in the mess?

Also not really concerned about Russian culture being forgotten in any way. Just finding it ludicrous to suggest that they stopped creating anything worthwhile as soon as communism happened.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-10-08 at 05:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But how would that be achieved? Germany had to be demolished and effectively occupied. It was also split between the powers that be of the time. How do you occupy it without drawing China in the mess?
    By putting enough external squeeze on them, of course. Literally no one considers invading a country possessing nukes. You bury them under the sanctions until their country collapse internally and is forced to change. China wont do shit about it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post

First off, glad to see you're still safe-ish.
    Secondly, the thing was that it was implied that russia never contributed anything worthwhile to humanity and that's not true. I don't think anyone said that everything needed to be destroyed, or at least that's not how I interpreted anything.

Thirdly, stay safe and keep your head down.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    By putting enough external squeeze on them, of course. Literally no one considers invading a country possessing nukes. You bury them under the sanctions until their country collapse internally and is forced to change. China wont do shit about it.
    China will definitely do shit if Russia is about to collapse; they will move in to dominate the local economy and find the periphery history and the West has successfully denied them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    China will definitely do shit if Russia is about to collapse; they will move in to dominate the local economy and find the periphery history and the West has successfully denied them.
    Well, ye. This process is already happening, anyway. They defo wont offer them any help to prevent the squeeze.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Bridge looks fine /s

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Seize their assets abroad to fund a reparations plan, I guess.
    There are more foreign money invested in Russia than Russian's money abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Ukraine's giant Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant, which is held by Russian forces, has lost all external power and is relying on emergency diesel generators for the electricity it needs for reactor cooling, according to the director general of the UN nuclear watchdog
    Effectively concern trolling at this point but whichever party is responsible for this is dumb as shit.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2022-10-08 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "A referendum was held on the Kerch bridge. 99.7% of the bridge voted in favor of joining the sea,"
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    "A referendum was held on the Kerch bridge. 99.7% of the bridge voted in favor of joining the sea,"
    I see the kids in Ukraine adapting the song "London bridge is falling down" to "Kerch bridge is falling down"

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Wake up, check MMO, see lots of activity in this thread...

Kerch Bridge gone. Ok, a bit unexpected. Wonder what's next.
    Power of Siberia gas pipeline. Blowing up a 1,000-mile pipeline should be a lot easier than a bridge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Power of Siberia gas pipeline. Blowing up a 1,000-mile pipeline should be a lot easier than a bridge.
    Nord stream practice run? But seriously if that one goes I bet China won't be best pleased.