15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I believe the lack of warning for graphic content is what "OP Warning 2" refers to. It however, doesn't say anything about posting it with a warning/under spoiler tags or something. But now, I guess it's not allowed to be posted, for reasons...

- - - Updated - - -

I mean his utterly ridiculous 10k euros/USD a year for electricity costs is just so fucking absurd ass-pull number. For me personally, 10k euro yearly bill would mean my electricity bill would suddenly become 33 times more expensive. At that level of conspiracy trolling, it's not even intellectual dishonesty, it's just taking a piss on the forum mod tolerance.
    ----
    EDIT: I looked at a random, but reputable electricity company in Finland, for their hourly prices for what we call "stock electricity", hourly-changing prices depending on the stock market - at highest today - it would cost 28,51 eurocents per kWh. Most people absolutely DO NOT have a stock price contract for a good reason, instead, they have a fixed price contract that they still possibly have from pre-February times.

So this is barely legit to compare to, as people normally do not have this kind of contracts here - but with Strawberry's claim, it would mean that prices for stock electricity would have to increase 6 times higher than today at the height - to around 175 eurocents/kWh, and STAY that way, 24/7. This is practically impossible, as stock electricity prices vary depending on the hour, as people use most electricity during mornings (according to the price graph).
    ----
    And we assume the heightened bills would be looked from a perspective of a private individual, not a ice hockey hall owner (just a wild example from Finland - they have vastly different kinds of electricity usage). Ergo, the guy just, as always, makes so wild claims that even Alex Jones would be considered a champion of truth. And then promptly fucks off, never even intending to back up his claims or defend them. We'll see him next time when Russia does more genocide
    Since you're making blatant claims that my 10k euros/year cost for electricity in Sweden is a number I pulled out of my ass, here's an article for you. In fact it says it could cost up to 10.000 euros PER MONTH in worst case scenario.
    Feel free to translate it yourself since I'm not going to bother spending more time on this subject:
    https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a...d-strypt-gasen

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Since you're making blatant claims that my 10k euros/year cost for electricity in Sweden is a number I pulled out of my ass, here's an article for you. In fact it says it could cost up to 10.000 euros PER MONTH in worst case scenario.
    Feel free to translate it yourself since I'm not going to bother spending more time on this subject:
    Posts a 4 month out of date article. A lot has changed since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    That and, if my information is correct, Aftonbladet is a bit tabloidy, not as bad as some but certainly capable of sensationalism.

From your article:

"In a horror scenario, it can cost upwards of SEK 100,000 a month for a household"
    Then not much later:

Just under one percent of the Swedish energy supply comes from Russian gas
    Good try, but grats, first time you actually try to back up your claims, although like russians, you change an absolute worst case scenario into a certainty

Good thing that things changed!

Also, I already discussed what kind of living standards one needs in Sweden to even have the smallest chance of the worst case from happening, and it already disproved that literally everyone in Sweden would live with such a tiny possibility of a worst case scenario

Of course you are not gonna bother spending more time on this subject, you do the minimum to avoid infractions from posting bullshit and then fleeing.

So yes, you in the most russian manner twist articles to suit your propaganda.

Edit: For the lols, same article also has a link to another fitting one (not for you!)

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a...f-for-ryssland

Putin admits: 'Has colossal problems'
    So which one is it? Russia is holding back, and unstoppable? Or Russia has colossal problems?

Or the wildcard: Aftonbladet may be exaggerating things a bit as is the nature of tabloids. Which means the headlines are not top notch journalism, an absolute truth...Which in turn, means you were wrong, in case Putin has no colossal problems.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-10-19 at 01:41 PM.

From your article:
    From their location: yugoslavia. A country that no longer exists. If anyone thinks that person gives a shit about genocide, just refer back to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    From their location: yugoslavia. A country that no longer exists. If anyone thinks that person gives a shit about genocide, just refer back to that.
    The man sure longs for something that doesn't exist anymore, but sure is fine with Russia trying to wipe out/absorb a nation. Independency for one, annihilation for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah . . . 11,5 MWh
    LOL, I was wrong as well, I meant I use that in a day (11.5kwh)

The man sure longs for something that doesn't exist anymore, but sure is fine with Russia trying to wipe out/absorb a nation. Independency for one, annihilation for others.
    Probably a Serb, I don't think they wanted to dissolve Yugoslavia.
    Last edited by diller; 2022-10-19 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    LOL, I was wrong as well, I meant I use that in a day (11.5kwh)

Probably a Serb, I don't think they wanted to dissolve Yugoslavia.
    Don't think so either, how else where they gonna show big brother russia how good they were at suppressing other ethnicities?

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Don't think so either, how else where they gonna show big brother russia how good they were at suppressing other ethnicities?
    Yugoslavia kind of worked during Tito tbh (largely because he kept the many different ethnicities of the area off each others throats). Problem is the Serbs outnumbered the rest so what happened after was kind of inevitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yugoslavia kind of worked during Tito tbh (largely because he kept the many different ethnicities of the area off each others throats). Problem is the Serbs outnumbered the rest so what happened after was kind of inevitable.
    Quite aware of that, yes, when Tito died it was absolutely going to break up. I don't quite remember his death (I was 2 when he died), but I do recall reading an article about him and Yugoslavia later in the 80's and thinking how that would explode sooner rather than later. But the Serbs have enjoyed a little brother relationship with russia for ages and they (ab)use that to no end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putin has declared martial law in the occupied parts of Ukraine (including the separatist regions) and additional 'emergency powers' to all regions of Russia.
    Wow, 30 seconds passed and that vote held at gunpoint really didn't seem to stick, huh?

This feels like Putin's going to mobilize police to Ukraine, since he's comically out of troops and they are sworn to serve or fall out a window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wow, 30 seconds passed and that vote held at gunpoint really didn't seem to stick, huh?

This feels like Putin's going to mobilize police to Ukraine, since he's comically out of troops and they are sworn to serve or fall out a window.
    Is he trying to make as many enemies out of the forces he needs to maintain domestic power as possible?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Russian forces have demolished the Holodomor memorial in Mariupol.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2022-10-20 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Was that still standing? No offense but with the wholesale destruction of Mariupol I'm surprised it wasn't already destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Really hope more ex-Soviet countries tear down statues honoring Soviet soldiers and smelt them down into bullets to ship to Ukraine or otherwise repurpose the monuments into public bathrooms.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Putin has declared martial law in the occupied parts of Ukraine (including the separatist regions) and additional 'emergency powers' to all regions of Russia.
    Ah, partial martial law. Like partial mobilization. Aka full and all-encompassing. It's not like laws are respected in russia normally anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    This could have complicated matters:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...droidApp_Other

Can we have less 'technical failures"?

(Sidenote: russia actually acknowledging it was an accident is interesting.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, like bombing of the Nordstream pipelines.

Yeah, like bombing of the Nordstream pipelines.
    Which were delivering zero gas even before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Ah, partial martial law. Like partial mobilization. Aka full and all-encompassing. It's not like laws are respected in russia normally anyways.
    Doesn't matter if they're respected or not, they can always be rewritten on a moment's notice.