Oh, and USA just going to Ukraine right now would give infinite shitposting supply for russian shills to make it appear like NATO started a war. And that includes gullible dumb-as-rocks nations in the world who think Russia is a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    It's also disturbing AF you just implied there are people out there (Russians) that would rape, torture, and murder uncensored before our very eyes and we don't immediately jump to the conclusion of "bring those evil fuckers to justice" and instead go "let's just observe for a while"
    It's reality. We are not the world police. It is not our job to go around fighting every nation that does bad things to people.

ok that's a relatively satisfying answer even if it makes every other country sound self-serving.

It's also disturbing AF you just implied there are people out there (Russians) that would rape, torture, and murder uncensored before our very eyes and we don't immediately jump to the conclusion of "bring those evil fuckers to justice" and instead go "let's just observe for a while"
    After the show that World War 2 was (and Vietnam, Afghanistan for US), I don't think many nations would happily take part in a war like this. Far better political stability to provide weaponry for other nation to defend itself, than participate directly and telling the men of your country they are going to a war abroad.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2023-01-27 at 11:13 PM.

YUPPIE, when are you volunteering to fight the good fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    After the show that World War 2 was (and Vietnam, Afghanistan for US), I don't think many nations would happily take part in a war like this. Far better political stability to provide weaponry for other nation to defend itself, than participate directly and telling the men of your country they are going to a war abroad.
    Iraq, and especially Afghanistan wasn't just the US. Plenty of nations took part with boots on the ground and had to suffer from the backlash of soldiers dying half the world away. While Ukraine is obviously closer and have has a bigger impact on Europe the same issue applies. Its a lot easier to fight wars via proxies where your own soldiers are not coming back in body bags.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Also should be added that Ukraine beating Russia with its own army and without NATO being directly involved actually would be more beneficial for the Ukraine psyche and how it looks on the world stage than if NATO did engage.

10+ Year Old Account
    So news here reports of France and Dutch may donate their fighter jets..... not sure if they will be much of any use due to a zone being AA heaven. Unless they used those to strike russan force buildup in Belorus as they may attack main city again.

If war lasts to long, Ukraine may run out of soldiers/ammo as Russa can just trow conscript out of their 146 milion population. (ukraine numbers are on 43,79 mil)
    So it makes sense to donate as much weapons/support as possible to increase as much casualtys on russan side and hope for country political colapse.

There is a chance we may see a creations of a new smaller countrys in future:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_Russia
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    If war lasts to long, Ukraine may run out of soldiers/ammo as Russa can just trow conscript out of their 146 milion population.
    every time I suggested Russia could overwhelm Ukraine through number advantage and zerg rush tactics, I've been called insane and that Ukraine could supposedly mow down every last one of those 146 million fodder if Russian tactics mostly consist of rushing from the front.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

every time I suggested Russia could overwhelm Ukraine through number advantage and zerg rush tactics, I've been called insane and that Ukraine could supposedly mow down every last one of those 146 million fodder if Russian tactics mostly consist of rushing from the front.
    Eyo how's Russia supposed to get millions of troops trained and sent to the front lines all at once? Aren't they still struggling with basic logistics with their current forces?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Eyo how's Russia supposed to get millions of troops trained and sent to the front lines all at once? Aren't they still struggling with basic logistics with their current forces?
    they don't train them, and logistics - if that refers to supplies, etc - don't matter because we've seen reports and VODs of how underequipped or starved Russian soldiers are out there.

None of that really matters. When I say "overwhelm," I mean exactly what you'd expect of Russian tactics. Send out a thousand men running into the front, shooting their guns wildly, supported by extravagant missile strikes and some competent Wagner commanders now and then to support from the rear. If almost everyone in these waves dies but the Russians inch up bit by bit, then they consider that a victory.

Those are the tactics we have been seeing. And the other poster implied that, just through time, Ukraine could lose due to numbers and exhaustion. Thus we should just keep trying to send better weapons.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

they don't train them, and logistics - if that refers to supplies, etc - don't matter because we've seen reports and VODs of how underequipped or starved Russian soldiers are out there.

None of that really matters. When I say "overwhelm," I mean exactly what you'd expect of Russian tactics. Send out a thousand men running into the front, shooting their guns wildly, supported by extravagant missile strikes and some competent Wagner commanders now and then to support from the rear. If almost everyone in these waves dies but the Russians inch up bit by bit, then they consider that a victory.

Those are the tactics we have been seeing. And the other poster implied that, just through time, Ukraine could lose due to numbers and exhaustion. Thus we should just keep trying to send better weapons.
    What are they going to do, tell them to march to the front and hunt for food along the way? Because I think that would more likely result in most of the soldiers dying or deserting well before they get within eyesight of the Ukrainian border.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting the distinct impression YUPPIE doesn't understand just how big of a country Ukraine is geographically when he makes posts like the above. That "inching"doesn't really bring a whole lot of military value to Russia strategically but a lot of dead young Russians further crippling their dire demographic situation back home.

What are they going to do, tell them to march to the front and hunt for food along the way? Because I think that would more likely result in most of the soldiers dying or deserting well before they get within eyesight of the Ukrainian border.
    1) they don't give a fuck who dies along the way if it's not on masse.

2) Desertion is an ongoing problem with the Russian army on the front, yes, and mutiny. All I can say for this one is maybe the Russians can have more competent barrier troops (rear executioners discouraging desertion) since there are various cases where the grunts kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I'm getting the distinct impression YUPPIE doesn't understand just how big of a country Ukraine is geographically when he makes posts like the above. That "inching"doesn't really bring a whole lot of military value to Russia strategically but a lot of dead young Russians further crippling their dire demographic situation back home.
    Honestly, I'm getting the distinct impression that heavy drinking is a major factor in all of this nonsense.

The total population of Russia is 146 million. You can'tconscript every man, woman and child. Actually, it's less than that given more than 1 million died from covid.

Given demographics, the most they could raise is 14 million. Except 1 million of that are already dead, crippled or fled. And pooties internal security apparatus is another million. Can't send those. And then there are all the workers who keep the economy going and build weapons. Pull those and the economy really goes belly up.

They can barely keep the troops they already have supplied. Just throwing more bodies in won't work, not while Ukraine keeps getting more and technologically superior weapons while russia goes the other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'm getting the distinct impression that heavy drinking is a major factor in all of this nonsense.
    That too. Dude really ought to quit the daytime drinking he admitted to.

"Given demographics, the most they could raise is 14 million"

That's still a LOT when you consider the estimated fatalities on the Russian side for one year is 180k at least.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Human wave tactics don't fuckin' work, that's the simple thing to understand here. The fact that Russia with their overwhelming military numbers (In terms of infantry and mechanized units) were barely able to dip their toes into Ukraine's borders and that they now -must- throw bodies into the proverbial wood-chipper just to not lose the ground they gained should tell you about how abysmal Russia's ability to conduct war actually is. For god's sake they're invading a neighboring country and can't even create a mediocre supply line, like holy shit.

No there isn't some 'secret new wave of highly trained super soldiers just waiting to attack', they opened with their highly trained units and they're all fucking dead or cast to the wind. There's no wonder-weapon they're holding back on or they would've used it from the outside (Not to mention reports about the supposed Amata super-tank are coming back as comically underwhelming).

At this rate Russia will bleed their military dry in a nonsense war started for bullshit reasons, and all Putin will likely have to show for it is a brand new hempen necktie and the corpses of a hundred thousand pointless dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    There is a chance we may see a creations of a new smaller countrys in future:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_Russia
    Some very interesting data here in the various demographic pyramids, Germans, Belarusians and Ukrainians will go "extinct" within russia before long, but several others have healthy pyramids, and some may at first seem very skewed to one gender but then you realise that they are probably very much influenced by work immigration.

Hungary's Viktor Orban goes on a tirade against Ukraine, citing it as not being a country, "no-mans" land, and has also vetoed nuclear sanctions against Russia, vowing he will do everything in his power to make sure it doesn't go through.

In response, Ukraine is to summon a Hungarian ambassador over Orban's "unacceptable" remarks.